Qld Card Shows

Real Name
Sarah
Hi there

Does anyone know if there is any card shows running still in QLD. I remember years ago there used to be one at sandgate and mt gravatt.

Ebay cards are getting really expensive.

Sarah,

Unfortunately the league card shows have stopped in Brisbane. A friend of mine (Brian) used to organise the card show at the Mt Gravatt show grounds and first one I attended was the last one held.............:( There are still plenty of cards to be had without going to ebay, trades with me and other NRL members or I can recommend a member of this site redtorana (Warren), he has VERY good prices and can also supply your ultrapro needs. Another you can try is also a member here, user id is footystars.

Hi there

Does anyone know if there is any card shows running still in QLD. I remember years ago there used to be one at sandgate and mt gravatt.

Ebay cards are getting really expensive.

Hi Sarah.
Yep agree, cards are getting more expensive but lets put that down to more collectors coming on board and enjoying what many of us treat as our religion ! Hit the boards hard here with your wants as many in the OCT commuinty would only be too happy to help ! Good luck with your collecting !
Cheers Damian

Sarah,

Unfortunately the league card shows have stopped in Brisbane. A friend of mine (Brian) used to organise the card show at the Mt Gravatt show grounds and first one I attended was the last one held.............:( There are still plenty of cards to be had without going to ebay, trades with me and other NRL members or I can recommend a member of this site redtorana (Warren), he has VERY good prices and can also supply your ultrapro needs. Another you can try is also a member here, user id is footystars.

Good old Mt Gravatt showgrounds hey Dave... what fun it was. I believe it was an insurance cost issue that stoped everyone getting together in the shed.

Anyhows a thought..... I would entertain the idea of putting something together if the greater Brisvegas OCT community was to support it. Maybe look at something quarterly to start with and then go from there ?! Im sure you would be in :D

Would be interested in hearing thoughts from the OCT community to see if there would be interest.

Cheers all
Damian:v:

The problem is venue, rent and public liability insurance...........but yes they were great to go to, some good cards to be had for sure.

the good old days at mt gravatt. that shed used to get hot in summer but still good times to be had. it would be great if someone could get something going in brissie again

I would be very interested in doing some sort of Trade show somewhere in Brisbane ....Would be happy to help if needed as well as donate items for door prizes ...

Does anyone have the names and contact details of the guys that used to organise that Mt Gravatt show?

We are looking at putting together a show in Gold Coast / Brisbane to start in February 2012

Please PM any info you may have to me :thumbsup:

Does anyone have the names and contact details of the guys that used to organise that Mt Gravatt show?

We are looking at putting together a show in Gold Coast / Brisbane to start in February 2012

Please PM any info you may have to me :thumbsup:

I have the details of the fella's who used to run the Mt Gravatt show, I will MSG him to see if he is happy for me to share his details.

Dave

hello i am currently looking some cards to complete my set,
the 1965 Mobil footy photos WAFL Cards.

i need the following cards...

020 Lawrence, Ron East Fremantle
023 Marshall, Warren Claremont
025 Maynard, Colin Swan Districts
027 McIntosh, John Claremont
031 Nesbit, Tony Swan Districts
034 Smith, Graeme Sth. Fremantle
037 Walker, Bill Swan Districts

please reply if you have these and are willing to part with them, thank you

Yeah the good old days, I've been to 4 Mt Gravat fairs over the years, mainly the January fair,because i was up there on holiday, and went to the Sandgate one once, i miss those fairs.
While i'm in Qld on holidays these days, i still visit a few of the guys that had stalls at the fairs, Brian is gradually trying to off load everthing, but i still manage to walk out of there a few dollars poorer,
Ivan still has heaps of stuff, and so does Mark.
So there's still lots of card people around, it's just a matter of trying to get them to set up at fairs again, everyone has come accustomed to selling on ebay, Because the more sellers you get at the fairs the easyier it is to pay for the hall.
I applaud anyone who is trying to start up a Card Fair in QLD again.....It's alot of work.
Good Luck.

sounds good guys. i would definetly be in this. have been looking around the gold coast and brisbane area but have had no luck. we dont even have hobby shops.

i lived on the coast few years ago, back then there was a trading card shed at the carrara markets on the weekends. wasnt collecting back then, so i dont know how good they are.

If someone can start these shows again in brisbane it would be awesome. I know there is 2 card shops on the sunshine coast. One called today's collectables and the other called Card House.

That's the only ones that i have found in brisbane.

Back
Top Bottom