PS3 NBA2K13 Online Association

Re: PS3 NBA2K10 Online Season

Season 1 Playoffs

OK, due to 2K botching yet another aspect of the game we have had to create a tourney to complete the playtoffs. Thanks to Ben and AJ it looks like we will be able to port over the existing teams/players.

Tournament has been created and invites have been sent out to the teams in the playoffs. Once all teams have joined we can modify teams back to their Season 1 State and we will be right to begin.

Does this mean we can't actually play till all the teams have joined? Because Vivo is gonna be away all week I think..

---------- Post added 03-04-2010 at 04:05 PM ----------

Just dropped one to the Knicks. Been on a bit of a rough streak lately and really wanted to get the win.

Went into overtime and couldn't keep up the pace. Brooks went down in the 3rd and didn't return so I was kind of handicapped unfortunately. Oden is ridiculous, he's just like Dwight. Catches the ball around the rim and just dunks it. Scored 28 of 33 in the paint all within about 3 feet or so.

Granted I know people think Rudy Gay gets in the paint too much, but at least he works some moves and takes his man off the dribble. Also 18 fast break points for Rudy today so only scored 20 in the paint. I think it's more annoying when you have a guy like Dwight or Oden and you just toss it inside and he dunks it.

On the positives I went to David Lee a bit more. He had a solid game, 16 points and 12 boards. T-Mac couldn't find his shot from deep, missed a couple of open looks.

I thought Rudy did a really good job on his match-up with Danny Granger, clearly showing he is the superior player ;)

I had a 3 point lead with 40 seconds left but Oden got an and-1 and tied it up, then nobody scored.

Anyway, at the end of the day I laugh at Eastern Conference teams :lol: Even if you get to the playoffs you most likely are eliminated by Vivo. I like my chances in the West better :D:wave::p

I'm not sure where else players like Oden and Dwight are going to score, it's not like Oden can step out and hit an 18 footer.

I'm not saying he should score elsewhere. But the degree of difficulty for players like Oden and Dwight to grab it inside and dunk is far too easy. You can't dispute that.

I've read 2K are looking at changing the positioning to make it harder. You can't say that Oden scoring 33 points on 85% shooting isn't ridiculous. The very fact that Dwight Howard won MVP in Season 1 backs this up. You simply can't stop players who have that combination of ratings in size/strength/standing dunk when they catch the ball near the basket.

Unfortunately ITSBRANDON doesn't know how to use Dwight to his optimum ability in S2 though... haha ;)

man just saw 6 of my 8 losses have been decided by single digits. what a killer!

Need a reset on Hawks/Grizz please. looks like 2K again :mad:

Lag was ridiculous and couldn't hit a thing in the first half then changed my D for the 3rd and was on a tear (18-2) then game drops out when im at the line for 2 free throws to even the score :rolleyes:

Devo's Nick!

How are you finding Memphis?

Man the most frustrating losses for me must be the ones where I give up 6-10 point leads, and leading comfortably the whole game then lose it in the last 2 minutes.

Happened against Ranga, Katmagic, Zelmeister and Arzbar. Poo.

Just a little annoyance,
I noticed that I was given the loss for the simulation between swish and myself. Surely thats not fair considering I attempted to play him 4 times and EVERY SINGLE TIME his connection cut out.
Any chance of a little magic dig/nenji? ;)

I'm not saying he should score elsewhere. But the degree of difficulty for players like Oden and Dwight to grab it inside and dunk is far too easy. You can't dispute that.
You can't say that Oden scoring 33 points on 85% shooting isn't ridiculous.

This says it all. Dwight Howard, 66 points, 76% shooting, 42 shots, has to be 30 odd shots in the paint.

2K Sports

It was bull****.

Devo's Nick!

How are you finding Memphis?

Man the most frustrating losses for me must be the ones where I give up 6-10 point leads, and leading comfortably the whole game then lose it in the last 2 minutes.

Happened against Ranga, Katmagic, Zelmeister and Arzbar. Poo.

Hey did u end up getting the trade to work between thabeet, pierce and gallinari??

This says it all. Dwight Howard, 66 points, 76% shooting, 42 shots, has to be 30 odd shots in the paint.

2K Sports

It was bull****.

I don't understand how people let him do this!! I only got through the first quarter with him last night but using a 2-3 zone I kept Dwight out of the paint or managed to defend/change a lot of his shots!

Im not saying it's right to go into the paint like that but it can be stopped.

need reset on hawks v grizz :mad:

---------- Post added 03-04-2010 at 10:30 PM ----------

i bet portland, had 8 players score over 7 points to combine for 93, dwill the max scorer with only 17
barea hit about 3 threes in 5 mins
he can be so annoying with his misses, but when he gets on a roll he keeps rolling :D

I don't understand how people let him do this!! I only got through the first quarter with him last night but using a 2-3 zone I kept Dwight out of the paint or managed to defend/change a lot of his shots!

Against the Rockets I'm sure I could stop him (Haven't played them yet but stopped him when he had Yao in Season 1).

Against the Knicks I couldn't stop Oden. Katmagik is a good player and knows how to use his guys. If I played a zone he had Chris Paul, Danny Granger and Ben Gordon who all have excellent outside shooting ratings. He would have burned me if I played a zone.

Not sure if I'm bad executing down the stretch or other teams just play better against me. Seems whenever I'm in a close game I get outplayed in the last few minutes. With the exception of the win against the Nets I don't think I've won any games where it has been neck and neck going into the last 2 minutes or so.

Sometimes I think maybe I need to take a timeout and just think about what's going on. The Suns was a classic example. I looked at his shots and every one in the 4th bar 2 (so I think that's 32/34 points) was a driving dunk with Jackson. But I didn't stop to think what I could do to stop it. Definitely should have slapped on a zone there.

Im looking to deal Monta Ellis SG (85) & Grant Hill SF (75).
Im after guys with high percentage and high consistency on the 3pt with similar ratings.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, check this sick dunk from my boy Westbrook on the break away. Not bad for a little fella!
[ame="http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=1691251"]2K Sports[/ame]

need reset on hawks v grizz :mad:

---------- Post added 03-04-2010 at 10:30 PM ----------

i bet portland, had 8 players score over 7 points to combine for 93, dwill the max scorer with only 17
barea hit about 3 threes in 5 mins
he can be so annoying with his misses, but when he gets on a roll he keeps rolling :D

I was winning 16-0 and i choked it away to lose by 25.

Explain what you mean, by the annoying misses?

I was winning 16-0 and i choked it away to lose by 25.

Explain what you mean, by the annoying misses?

That's disappointing man. I feel ya as I've had a couple games, 3 or 4 where I've been leading going into the 4th and have lead majority of the game only to have it all go to waste in the last few minutes.

Really annoys you as you feel you're in the drivers seat up to that point...

Ah well, just a game ;):thumbsup:

Hammer, meet nail...now smack him on the head! It can be stopped. Sure Brandon doesn't really know how to use Dwight, but against Oden, I knew he'd try and do this to me alot. Check my boxscore against it...10 points only. I would have won by 35 had Gordon not suddenly went nuts and hit 12 of his 17 in the last 2mins all on contested shots!

2K Sports

It is easy to score in there when they get it in the right position, but then it's the same when we get our Centers in those positions. You can stop the pick and roll style pass though and other entry passes.

Any thoughts on New Orleans.

Do we put in a new owner that will be active immediatly and then offer Sam one of the other teams that become available?

Or just keep New Orleans as a dead team in the league?

admin
swiss and i are about to finish the game, 4th quarter i was leading by 8 and josh howard was about to dunk on a fastbreak so that could be a 10 point lead under 50 secs left, and the game got disconnected, and i think he didn't pull the plug out cause he still online when got disconnected, but it say in 2ksports there's a D on his scoreboard, probably 2ks fault it happened to me aswell the other game....

Any thoughts on New Orleans.

Do we put in a new owner that will be active immediatly and then offer Sam one of the other teams that become available?

Or just keep New Orleans as a dead team in the league?

Has Sam replied? Maybe give the team to someone else, and Sam can take Dallas or something? Not sure.

Back
Top Bottom