Predictors Gold Sets

"How long have you been collecting mate?

Any cards that are sent for redemption are hole punched so the redemption can't be used again. This is a very standard practice."

Only this year, point is that they ESP as a Australian Company selling product in Australia have to follow/abide by the consumer laws.
They ESP never publically announced at the time of what practices/damage they would do to my property.
That example was used as to show how I could easily "win" a ACCC case, as it was questioned as I "having a case"
Like I said, many ways to skin a cat if not adequately compensated.

This is what a select predictor says:

s-l1600.jpg

And this is what an ESP predictor says:

s-l500.jpg

This is ridiculous, literally all you were promised was a mini Premiership set for the winning team, it says nothing about what you get for putting all 16 cards together, so ESP giving you that is a bonus. If you wanted to go out and spend thousands on predictors (like some guy on facebook is claiming he did) on the promise of what is written on the back of that card then each to their own.

Remember being a kid (way back in 94), saving your hard earned coins, jumping on the pushie to the corner store to buy cards. And the mind blowing excitement when you pulled a 'gold' card. Best feeling in the world! You just lost your s*** at how awesome the universe was.
I'm getting off topic here but this right here Dave is what got me back into collecting cards last year. I found my 4 gold cards while moving house and remembered that feeling of buying packets and that feeling you get when you hit one. I bought the Kerrod Walters a few weeks ago to finally complete the 5 card set, only took 20 odd years to do.

But all 16 are required to claim the gold parallel set so they are all redemptions. Where did they say they would collate the numbers on the database?

Just like when you sent the 16 predictors in for Select, they would hole punch every one.
I actually rang esp to find out what the go was, they said to me you had send in all 16 predictors, only the first 20 people would get the set.
Then it was said who ever won the comp would get the set. by sending in all 16 cards is only to prove the collector had in fact were in possesion of the 16 cards, they would hold them and send them back with the gold set.
In saying that, the only card that should be whole punched should be the winning team as there are no other cards being sent out nor redeemable.

Every Australian redemption card I have ever redeemed starting with the cricket series in the mid 90's though to current day have all had their redemption cards hole punched.

If you have a case against ESP then 100000 other collectors should also take Futera, Select, Dynamic, TNP, SEP etc and the rest to court!

Might be hard getting any cash out of Dynamic and Futera though!

Fair enough......I have a lot of issues with things that TLA does but on this occasion I just don't see how what they have promised and what they have delivered are different?
The only people I've seen with that view are people that don't have a set . Of the predictors that is ?Opinions are like a holes and everyone deserves one but I haven't seen one person with the set say they were happy . And to be fair , that's the only opinion that really matters?

The only people I've seen with that view are people that don't have a set . Of the predictors that is ?Opinions are like a holes and everyone deserves one but I haven't seen one person with the set say they were happy . And to be fair , that's the only opinion that really matters?

I think you will find that objective views like that are what contribute to the growth of the hobby and give a bit more credibility to the situation.

How long have you been collecting mate?

Any cards that are sent for redemption are hole punched so the redemption can't be used again. This is a very standard practice.
I haven't been collecting long myself , but from what I've seen , aren't redemptions usually a plain looking card and not as good as what you redeem them for ?? Forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about ?

I haven't been collecting long myself , but from what I've seen , aren't redemptions usually a plain looking card and not as good as what you redeem them for ?? Forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about ?

Signature redemptions yes. In the Select years some of the Premiership predictors were very nice

That example was used as to show how I could easily "win" a ACCC case, as it was questioned as I "having a case"
Like I said, many ways to skin a cat if not adequately compensated.

This is getting a bit old now. If you are so confident of being successful then get moving. No need to post 50 posts here about it.

I'm getting off topic here but this right here Dave is what got me back into collecting cards last year. I found my 4 gold cards while moving house and remembered that feeling of buying packets and that feeling you get when you hit one. I bought the Kerrod Walters a few weeks ago to finally complete the 5 card set, only took 20 odd years to do.
Totally!!!!! It was like winning the golden ticket for the chocolate factory!

I hadnt been following this, only just read it all.
Personally I think all the predictors were way overpriced on the secondary market.
I thought the standard premiership set would be worth $100-200 and the gold around $400.
I feel the golds should be individually stickered but apart from that what has been delivered is pretty much what I was expecting.
The individual stickering is a easy fix and I hope they correct it but apart from that I cant see what else needs to be done.
Every predictor came out of a $3.99 packet of cards.

Back
Top Bottom