Predictors Gold Sets

I thought saying they come out of a $3.99 packet was referring to their value . Pretty sure that was the context??

I thought saying they come out of a $3.99 packet was referring to their value . Pretty sure that was the context??

I think the message was more along the lines of Traders is a low end release so you shouldn't expect overall values to be huge.

If all sets or collection values were based on what they cost to put together then we would all be sitting on a fortune. Unfortunately NRL card values are right down at the moment. Regardless of how disappointed everyone is with the gold predictor sets they are /20 which is only 180 cards in total. Even the Emerald Mojo sets are over 1000 individual cards produced. The value on these will go up, don't sell them off because you are frustrated with the product.

Last edited:
I think the problem with the value of cards can be put solely on the biggest dealers .One of which gets mentioned on here regularly. Getting huge over supply of stock from TLA/ESP for way cheaper then the average punter . So they are in fact contributing to dictating prices themselves .
Im also aware that's how business works and good on them , but the percentages don't seem to add up , unless they are getting them for way under rrp??
If someone wants to do a cost breakdown of case of traders I think you'll see what I'm getting at . Unless you pull a #1 it's pretty scary . Basically left with a billion base cards and 4 hits ? 2 of which were predictors ?
Would be like Mercedes selling cars in the dealership for 100k and giving them to
Aussie Fleet sales for 50k and wondering why the dealerships were blowing up lol . Btw I get footy cards aren't mercs hahaha just a comparison

I suppose the thing with busting packets and boxes of NRL cards or any cards is that you don't do it to make money. Every now and then you pull a rare card or low number which can get you some $$$$ back. Everyone wants value for money but that is subjective.

Personally I enjoy breaking boxes so if I spend $200 and get a card or two I need I call that a win even if I could have purchased said cards individually for half the cost of the box.

Back to the thread topic though, the predictor cards were built up to be something they weren't and ESP can't be blamed for this because they delivered what they promised, a gold parallel of the premiers set /20.

I am not sure why the prices were so high, some were certainly subject to shill bidding but more so I think an assumption was made because of the difficulty of completing the set that these would be top notch.

In relation to the dealer I am sure you are referencing I believe that he buys nearly half the stock and no doubt gets a very special price. The bigger issue is that this dealer and ESP aren't collectors and probably aren't concerned with secondary market values and stock dumping, as long as they get their product sold.

Interesting way to sell off the predictors. Not sure if the buyers have read that description
Brendan, that would make his set worth bugger all when he comes to sell it, because he has sold off his predictors, that is not smart business sense.
On the other hand he is getting in early while he can still flog off the predictors and get some cash back while he can.
He has been doing this since esp came into the market and knows how fast the cards fall in value, mainly because he has a lot to do with that.
He is a business and can do what he likes with his cards when he wants, because he bought them.

I feel like a lot of people bought up predictor sets early when teams like Eels or Dragons were looking more likely as premiers because those teams generate more interest for most collectors than Melbourne do, and some of the disappointment probably comes from having a team's premiers set they weren't a fan of or couldn't get their money back on. I haven't even seen too many Melbourne fans dying to get a gold set. Of course there's also some disappointment in the collectors having absolutely no idea what the cards would look like or which players were in the set until they were received.

Back
Top Bottom