Postage Success from the USA !!!

Richo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
Richo75
Hey guys & gals, I know a BIG bone of contention with us collectors is that the US collectors charge WAY too much for postage !!! To be honest it's a JOKE !!! Anyway I thought I would tell you all about some recent success I had at negotiating a price.

First of all, it was for a single card to be posted Airmail to Australia, he quoted me $5.50 which by some of the rates I have been quoted is quite reasonable. I asked him if he could check what it would cost at the post office as I was quite sure it would not cost that and he said:

Just pay 1.75 shipping on top of the final price of the card...and I'll ship it out the way you said....if for some reason its a lot more money to ship...then I'll let you know.

Anyways he posted the card and I asked if i need to pay him any more and postage, this is the response I got:

I think it was .93 cents......if you want I'll paypal you the remaining 0.83 cents.....Thanks

I told him not to bother as I was happy with paying the $1.75 but CAN YOU BELIEVE IT - A honest US eBay seller !!! I wish he sold more cards I needed because I would be buying from him again. :)

Good work Richo, lol. There are some decent selers out there.
What's his username?
I just had another spat at a seller for overcharging me $5.00 on the shipping. They said it was for paypal and ebay fees, currency conversion fees and going to the post office to wait in line! Thing is, I paid in US dollars! F-ing D-heads! some of them, no idea.

im generally happy to pay 4usd for regular air mail or 6.50usd for global priority..
its part of collecting from australia..

The Truth said:
Good work Richo, lol. There are some decent selers out there.
What's his username?
I just had another spat at a seller for overcharging me $5.00 on the shipping. They said it was for paypal and ebay fees, currency conversion fees and going to the post office to wait in line! Thing is, I paid in US dollars! F-ing D-heads! some of them, no idea.

His eBay Id was little_victories, unfortunately he doesn't sell a lot of cards.

Although MOST US sellers charge between $3.00 & $5.00 the truth of the matter is that it only costs them $1.50 including a padded envelope. I personally think $3.00 is fair, $4.00 I can deal with and $5.00 if I REALLY want the card - Over that I just pass !!! (After attempting to negotiate of course) :lol:

I was quoted $11.50 the other day. When I questioned it, a few days later, they sent me a 2nd invoice, with the same amount but included $4 for insurance. lol. I got the card cheap enuff, I'm happy with the total amount.

Not normally would I let it slip without questioning them.

$.93c is excellent.

Does anyone know the amount to ship surface mail? I believe it's a lot cheaper? Just make sure Richo that they've sent it Airmail.....

Yeah I thought that but I asked him and he said Airmail so it's all good.

Airmail is quite cheap over there, I have been to the USA twice and send a few things home so I know :)

Not the same in the UK though, it's bloody expensive :(

Yeah, as stated, the majority of sellers are OK, but we don't tend to highlight them. We only tend to bitch about the bad ones. Congrats Richo, and well done to your seller.

i picked up a card the other day and was only quoted $1.75 for shipping which surprised me as most of them charge ~$5 ..so i was quite surpised...if the card arrives safe and secure i will deffinately buy more cards from him

0.83 cents is what the yanks pay for a single card USPS Airmail (4-7 days) Letter Post in a padded envelope. I've had up to 3x jersey cards sent for $1.80 before. So it's really cheap for decent Airmail service.

The Truth said:
0.83 cents is what the yanks pay for a single card USPS Airmail (4-7 days) Letter Post in a padded envelope. I've had up to 3x jersey cards sent for $1.80 before. So it's really cheap for decent Airmail service.

Depending on size, postage for the small is 80c to $1, the medium is $1.30 to $1.50 and the large is $1.80 to $2. Don't ask why the price varies, but they do. At least we have a fixed price for mail. Add up to $1 for a postpack and about $1 for handling, and that's how I figure a fair price.

clarkescards said:
Yeah, as stated, the majority of sellers are OK, but we don't tend to highlight them. We only tend to bitch about the bad ones. Congrats Richo, and well done to your seller.

True but I would have to disagree you saying the Majority are OK, I would say the Majority charge too much but we put up with it ($4-5US is way too much). Anything more is a Joke !!!

Richo said:
True but I would have to disagree you saying the Majority are OK, I would say the Majority charge too much but we put up with it ($4-5US is way too much). Anything more is a Joke !!!

You would then have to say that the majority of Aussie sellers charge too much too, then!!!!

Postage in Australia over $2 or Airmail over $3 is the same thing...
:shock:

Back
Top Bottom