Postage Costs and things like that!

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
Just in another thread mentioned to metallica about buying padded bags in bulk.

So post here good posting tips/costs etc. I'd very interested to here from those of you sending a lot of stuff to the US.

Anyway (these costs may have gone up I know Aust.Post had a price rise in the last month or so)

PADDED BAGS
Padded bags can be bought over the counter for 90 cents each. OR you can buy a box of 100 for $36 (36 cents each). Thats a saving of $54 for the 100. I just stash the box of them away in a cupboard and use them as I need them.

Postage Costs

This info has come from another site i use so use this as a reference point only.

Large Letters (360mm X 260mm X 20mm)
- Size 1 Padded Bag
- Can fit a max of 8 discs in CD sleeves to pass as large letter

- Up to 125g = $1.00
- Up to 250g = $1.45
- Up to 500g = $2.45

and to give a rough idea/reference point

- Size 1 Padded Bag ($0.90 or $0.36)
- Up to 5 discs (111g) = $1.00
- Up to 8 discs (171g) = $1.45

Again use this as guidelines only and prices may have risen recently

Yeah the savings on padded bags is huge!

Also, anyone know if and where you can buy cd cases not hard covers, but the thin plastic ones? And can they be bought in bulk? I'm guessing maybe Officeworks or somewhere similar?

do you mean the thin cases like this

CD_JEWEL_CASE.jpg

or the double thin soft platic ones like these
DSCN5823.JPG

Not the first ones and couldn't see the second picture? I'm talking about the paper thins ones that have some fluffy cotton lining on the inside, and that is it. Thinner than an actual CD.

i bought a roll of bubbe rapt today, thought it might come in handy.
i always clean up the toploaders, because most of the time theyr raped by sticky tape, and i also pack it neatly and try to add extras aswell.
You want to make a good impression!!

i will have to get me a box of padded mailers. thanks for the tip billy :wink: bought 5 today lol, like $5 :oops:

i get my postpaks from Big W...for about 56 cents each...so maybe I need to hit the aussie post...what do you ask for? like 100 padded bags?

Yep i went to the Postie's the other day and grabbed myself a box of 100. 98 left at the moment!!!

Well worth it, good post Billy!!!

Lets hear some more tips for the new fella's so come on Thumb, Chad and clarkey you are veterens at the post office lets hear ya stuff!!

**Also when i pack cards i like to stick to UD E-Cards thingies on the outside of the top loaders just to give extra protection.**

I'm not so much a veteran of Postage, but generally I keep most packing (cardboard, top loaders, team bags etc), and notice how sellers send stuff to me.

When sending (this is especially helpful in winter), I will try to place cards in team bags. Nothing worse than A.Post leaving mail exposed in the letterbox when it's raining. I've been fortunate at least twice, but last week, when it was very wet here in SA, I was panicking, knowing I was expecting a Dwighty auto. Thankfully it was well packed, and even survived postie shoving the envelope into my letterbox.

Trey said:
i get my postpaks from Big W...for about 56 cents each...so maybe I need to hit the aussie post...what do you ask for? like 100 padded bags?

Exactly. If you have a small Aust. Post office it's probably worth the courtesy of asking first, if they always stock a spare box. My local one said they normally do, but otherwise if I come in on Wednesday and they don't have it they do their ordering then and would order me a box and I could have it by Friday.

Yeah its a good idea i got a box of size 0 postpaks for $32 last me ages, cant believe i used to pay 80 cent a postpak :oops:

Back
Top Bottom