post your premium gear here

My Kobe Bryant Buyback Auto I pulled from a single pack of 01-02 Upper Deck. Makes this card so so sweet! :D
KobeBryantBuyBackAuto06-88.jpg

The card company (Upper Deck) send out a person to buy a certain amount of pre-released cards of a player from a certain release.
In this case there are 88 Kobe Bryant Common Cards from an earlier Upper Deck series that were purchased, they are then signed by the player (hand numbered) and re-released into a new product as a Buy-Back auto with a certificate. In Upper Decks Case, the certificate and the autographed card are included in a soft sleeve inside the pack and both cards have a hologram sticker with matching serial number.
Very rare to pull one.

Buybacks are more commonly know in Upper Deck Ultimate Collection. They were inserted in most of the older SP Authentic series from the mid-late 90's.

So basically buyback means the company bought some of their old released cards back, had them signed and re-released them into new product releases. :D

:retard: You're looking at me Metallica! LOL :lol:

First buyback was from a single pack (broken on this forum too!) from a pack lot off US eBay, that was a while back now and the latest was from the box of 01-02 UD Pro's & Prospects I broke today. Check the other cards I pulled in the other thread in this pic section.

Back
Top Bottom