Pokémon GO Discussion and picture thread

Another city session today, super successful. Hatched this, thought id post a photo because i was unaware that it even existed

IMG_7409.PNG
One of our Instinct ladies hatched one today too, very nice mate.
Had great raid day, Lapras 98% IV, Vaporeon and Gengar all caught but no TM's :(

For your info, reddit Legacy and TM available moveset list.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...t_of_new_movesets_obtainable_by_using_tms_on/
Machamp with Karate Chop (Legacy) and Dynamic Punch (TM) is now the best.
That is why I am hanging to get a charged TM to try for Dynamic Punch on my Karate Chop Machamp.

i did 8 raids yesterday 5 lvl4 and 3 lvl 3, and not a single charged tm. (2 fast tms).

this morning i do one lvl 4... boom (2 charged tms and a fast tm).

Use the first charge tm on my 100IV alakazam trying for anything psychic. changes from shadow ball to focus blast, use the second one on it and boom SHADOW BALL. FML

im so filthy haha.

My Alakazam has focus blast. It's a unique skill set in that it's only really good against Blissey. I'll be changing it when I can too

i did 8 raids yesterday 5 lvl4 and 3 lvl 3, and not a single charged tm. (2 fast tms).

this morning i do one lvl 4... boom (2 charged tms and a fast tm).

Use the first charge tm on my 100IV alakazam trying for anything psychic. changes from shadow ball to focus blast, use the second one on it and boom SHADOW BALL. FML

im so filthy haha.
Watched a trainer tips video, where it did exactly that too him. Think he used 6 Charge TM's to get what he wanted.
Switched and switched back on him 3 times lol.

so i've gone and got two more charged TM's but im scared to use them after watching that video now.

got 7 Fast TM's any pokemon that i should be targeting for them? i think i've been pretty lucky with fast moves nothing that overly sticks out at me.

also, got my second unown this morning. (making the most of the school holidays NOT), my body clock hasn't switched off, so i woke up this morning usual ritual, cup of tea, check the pogo sydney map and about half an hour away theres an Unown in punchbowl. was in the car within the 30 seconds and back home by 6:30 am. this games taken over me.

Well, I just caught my first Ampharos - 1918 CP moves of Charge Beam (8) and Focus Blast (140). Ampharos is my first new entry since I caught a Flaaffy on 11th June.

This leaves me with five left to add to the pokedex that I can catch in my area - Tyranitar, Togepei, Smoochum, Sunflora and Bellossom. What sucks is that only one of them is catchable and the others are 2x egg and 2x sun stones, which I'm still yet to obtain a single one.

Last edited:
IMG_7412.PNG

3rd Time Lucky! Success

Now i just need stardust. Have litteraly pumped every last bit into my machamp squad

Here's my team I'm building around. May not necessarily be the best IV's in some cases but they more than get the job done. I just need more Dratini & Snorlax candy and like everyone else - more star dust!!!

IMG_0182.PNG

i would suggest powering more machamps at this time of the game.

they're by far and away the most useful pokemon, particularly in terms of raids.

they are effective against lapras, tyranitar, snorlax

another 6am 40 min sprint for an unown. i dont know if you guys have a map like sydneypogomap, but its so handy, especially linking it to discord and getting a phone notification when one spawns

so i've gone and got two more charged TM's but im scared to use them after watching that video now.

got 7 Fast TM's any pokemon that i should be targeting for them? i think i've been pretty lucky with fast moves nothing that overly sticks out at me.

also, got my second unown this morning. (making the most of the school holidays NOT), my body clock hasn't switched off, so i woke up this morning usual ritual, cup of tea, check the pogo sydney map and about half an hour away theres an Unown in punchbowl. was in the car within the 30 seconds and back home by 6:30 am. this games taken over me.

I did get lucky with fast TM I used on Dragonite, got Hurricane with the Charge TM, which I guess is not too bad :whistle:
Yeah I have found myself running out the door at odd times too lol, did a late night mission for a Dragonite spawn last week.

made the most of this two week break from teaching. about to hit lvl 35 today, about 60k off it but im heading into the city shortly. hopefully do a few more raids and get some stardust to power up these two golems i have waiting for these legendary birds to drop.

the go fest news is exciting. im spewing that i just did a big batch of two lucky egg evolves. about 140 things i evolved. With the potential of these rewards being triple xp and then 6 times with a lucky egg.

trainer tips has a good video breaking it down if you are unaware of the rewards and how all this go fest business works.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7fGYw1B3kA

also here is the poster for the australian time zone difference. hurts us, its a 1am to 10am with the main part being 1am to 6am. don't know if i will be able to commit to helping the proccess or not.

hi9lda3y699z.png

Had meant to post all this info up myself, was slack :(
Look forward to this event, only problem for us are the times are very early sunday morning from 1am to 6am.
Really can't see me running around in the cold catching every Pokemon that moves.

i have the bye in soccer that weekend so im half considering it haha. want to help them out so that we reek the rewards. they all better be catching grass pokemon, thats all i can say

I read that in Europe they are temporarily opening up the safari zone to be able to catch the non available region exclusives if you go to a certain point on a specific day too

can see it happening eventually. im really annoyed that we arent on the list for the safari zone thing,

so far only chicago, japan and half of europe have made the cut in terms of events.

Surely sooner rather than later we will get a run for some sort of event.

can see it happening eventually. im really annoyed that we arent on the list for the safari zone thing,

so far only chicago, japan and half of europe have made the cut in terms of events.

Surely sooner rather than later we will get a run for some sort of event.

Just need to keep our eyes open for 5 star raids in the following two days after the Chicago event.
We have a good Raid chat on Facebook messenger so i'm sure someone will post up if it happens.

Good day on the raids, 3 done and 3 caught, Alakazam, Tyranitar and Blastoise.
And pulled up to throw some mons in a yellow gym and an Aerodactyl spawned right across the road at stop, caught also.
Still no TM's though :cry:

That's awesome!

I live in a quiet suburb and I'm a student so unfortunately there's not enough people around for the 4 star raids for me.

Failed attempt on a Rhydon (twice) and a Snorlax. Saw a Tyranitaur down the road during work hours and didn't even bother to check it out.

Have done a few with my brother in-law and also got lucky with people being around once or twice.

Total 18 raids: Machamp (3), Alakazam, Arcanine, Jolteon (2), Exeggutor, Magmar (2), Electabuzz (3), Weezing, Croconaw (2), Quilava, Magikarp

Back
Top Bottom