photo bucket question

tony

having a break
Real Name
tony white
my wife has told me i need to have a big clean out of my cards.my question is what is the best way to set up your photo bucket.as i will have about 200 cards to scan in.at the moment i have split it up into
gu/patch
auto's
auto's/patches/gu on one card
#numbered
printing plates
and i will have lots of just common cards of star players.
so should i scan each card on it's own or in bunches and should i scan them in sets or players.any help on the best way would be appreciated.
thanks tony :D

You can scan multiple cards at a time, but the best way to display is individual.

The easiest way to do this is to create multiple copies of the larger images (i usually have 8 cards per scan, so that means 8 copies) and then crop each one to individual cards.

Individual cards are easier for people to view :)

Hope this helps Tony! Good luck :thumbsup:

Agree with Lippo, scan 8 or 9 card pages, then crop/copy/paste each individual card. With Photoshop you can adjust the rotation of each card to get them square (which is nice, but obviously not necessary). The format for the bucket is really an individual thing, some have everything in one page, others have heaps of subpages, probably somewhere in the middle is best (a few categories/subpages, not too many). I also think that the title for the cards is important, I always like seeing the player name there (then you can do a search readily).

I always like seeing the player name there (then you can do a search readily).
i think that is a great point :thumbsup:. Also you may want to put the BV or sale price to save you looking it up.
I have 3 folders Auto, GU, Inserts - if there is a gu auto card i put it in auto's as i think the auto's bucket get more views.

Definitely show them card by card; I hate looking at buckets that have more than one card in the one image. :mad:

Also... there is no need to make 8 - 9 copies of each scan; all you need to do is make the one & then use the selection tool to copy the selected range (one card) & then paste that as a new image - much smoother process - or even crop them with your scanning software before they are scanned (if it can do this) & it will automatically save them as individual images. :)

Card by card is easier for many reasons. You can delete the sold card pics as soon as they are gone. Rather than getting repeat questions about sold cards if you have bigger scans still up.
Good luck with it Tony.

thanks for the tips guys.and the truth you might see a card or two that looks familiar ;)
tony :D

Back
Top Bottom