PC Milestone mailday!

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
I now own every Bill Russell card with this nice high end example of his second year one! :D :D :D :D :D

I already have offers to move it but have knocked them back. This is too nice to part with especially after having it for only half an hour.

I would have never thought I'd ever own a Russ let alone all three. Like most of you it goes back to the early days of beckett where we first learnt the value of cards we had never seen. We all paid double book, book and half etc etc. The BV on these was pretty high then. While his RC has softened the 61 fleer have remained mainly static. Although the demand for high grade ones has soared and most sell for above book. This one has drawn offers from another collector of $500US already.

Anyway I think its time for the three of them to ocupy the space in front of the TV for a while! :D

Have a look at the sharpness of this! Ohhhh I'm like fishkid in a candy shop! LOL Sorry for the large scans but I wanted to point out the condition. Any white marks on the colored parts are from the dirty scanner. Why don't I clean that thing? The scan makes it look a lot granier that it really is too. Much better is person :D

BillRussell61front.jpg

Russell61fleerback.jpg

I just took some anti nausea pills to feel better but I'm not sure if the Russell or the pill is the placebo??? Can you tell I'm happy??? LOL

Imagine if it was centered!
(EDIT: Were these from sheets - perferation?)
That's a very high grade, and an awesomely looking card. (yeah, another monopoly card!!)

Well done Chadly, that's a feat not easily accomplished. Do you know many others that have all 3?

It's crazy u know, he only had 3 cards.... How many seasons did he play? (excuse my ignorance) And what's his RC??

Oh yeah, nice card, what's the BV???

Wow!
That really is one of the best cards I have seen on this forum
Congratulations!
Well, where do you go from here after getting that Card?

Nah not perforation but dodgey cutting techniques.

I'm sure heaps of collectors have all three. Set collectors of vitage with 57 topps and 61 fleer would for example. I'd dare say I'm the only one in OZ with all three though.

He played 13 seasons Mavs and one as player coach. He failed to lead the Celts to a championship in two of those years though :lol:

His RC is below Scotty and the BV of this one is $400US in raw condition of nrmt.

Well Locky I want to comlete the Celts master set.

ALTHOUGH there is his topps test issue card out there somewhere??? I know of 5 or so in existance but there may be more?? Its a 1968 issue produced to show the execs at topps what a set would look like. They went on to make a set in 1969 but went with the tall boy design and Russell retired the year before so wasn't included in the set. He was suppossed to have a topps ruler too and they pulled it so there is no number #6 in the set.

Also for many years it was unconfirmed that a Russell test issue was even made as sets had popped up but no Russell. This would set me back 10's of thousands US regardless of condition.

Here is the only pic of it I could find
card_bb_russell_L.jpg

I can always upgrade mine but you will see the extra point costs a lot as well as centering etc.

Here is a psa 9 but look at the price tag in US dollars...

Russellpsa9.jpg

Funk I'll scan them together and put it up for you if you like.

Edit..Here ya go. :) The other Russell is off to SGC soon for grading and is also sharp as. Its OC so it might pull a SGC 76 or so??

AllthreeRussells.jpg

Ooops, didnt think to look in ur sig, even tho I see it every bloody day.. lol.

It's still a hard feat to accomplish I spose huh? Collecting all 3. Especially with all the set collectors compiling vintage sets.

U need to edit ur post (put another "]" at the end of ur img line).

Very nice looking card chad!!!! thats a fair effort to get all 3 especially in that sort of condition

That's nice, I have only ever seen his RC before! Also didn't know only 3 different types existed! I shoulda collected Bill Russell, lol alot less cards!

Russell has and auto/gu in this and last years ud sp game used. They go for around the $120US mark. He also has a few in UD 2004 exquisite as well that sell for more.

His GU stuff can mostly be had around the $20 US mark and autos as cheap as $90 now as well. The supply is finally catching up to the demand.

Back
Top Bottom