Panini 2014 World Cup Prizm

Here's the most detailed checklist I've found so far:
http://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/panini-fifa-world-cup-brasil-2014-prizm.html

As expected plenty of parallel prizm rainbows, although only 7 different Australian cards....
How's this for the combo signatures!
CS-PC. Pele & Cristiano Ronaldo (Brasil & Portugal)
CS-GA. Gianluigi Buffon & Andrea Pirlo (Italia)
CS-TC. Tim Howard & Clint Dempsey (United States of America)
CS-RA. Robin van Persie & Arjen Robben (Nederland)
CS-BS. Bobby Charlton & Steven Gerrard (England)
CS-CP. Cristiano Ronaldo & Pepe (Portugal)
CS-MX. Mesut Ozil & Xavi Hernandez (Deutschland & Espana)
CS-FE. Frank Lampard & Eden Hazard (England & Belgique/Belgie)
CS-HR. Hugo Sanchez & Rafael Marquez (Mexico)
CS-CJ. Carlos Valderrama & James Rodriguez (Colombia)

Update from our Panini rep:

"What we can say is that the autographs will more than likely fall 5 to 6 per 12-box case" - I like this as it will maintain the rare nature of the World Soccer star autos whilst also delivering a very achievable chase insert!

We still offer an OZCT Pre-Order special of $145 per box, but you MUST pm us soon to reserve as we only have a small number of boxes available at that price!

More deets below:

prizm.png

prizm2.png

Update from our Panini rep:

"What we can say is that the autographs will more than likely fall 5 to 6 per 12-box case" - I like this as it will maintain the rare nature of the World Soccer star autos whilst also delivering a very achievable chase insert!

We still offer an OZCT Pre-Order special of $145 per box, but you MUST pm us soon to reserve as we only have a small number of boxes available at that price!

More deets below:

prizm.png

prizm2.png

loving the looks of these!

No Ibrahimovic? I'd love a neymar, the Buffon/Pirlo would be sweet to.

No Ibrah in this world cup so no card will be made for him, as he said: "One thing is for sure, a World Cup without me is nothing to watch so it is not worthwhile to wait for the World Cup.”

Personally there are far too many inserts (Prizm parallels) and having 5-6 Auto's per case is a piss poor effort, should be 1 per box at least!

This whole prizim colour parallel thing is is just totally ridiculous now. Panini are so out of ideas and all they care about is getting a product out.

Bring back UD!

This whole prizim colour parallel thing is is just totally ridiculous now. Panini are so out of ideas and all they care about is getting a product out.

Bring back UD!

I like the Prizm range of products and different parallels, some of the best looking cards out. Tough on set collectors though I suppose.
Just wish there was some Irish or Arsenal in the set, apart from Özil.

Disappointing there are no Aussie signers in this one. Did Select tie up their Socceroo signers to exclusive deals perhaps?

Select don't have the license anymore, so perhaps the new deal with SE Products had this in there.

Agree though, disappointing about no Aussie sigs. Hardly World Football without at least one.

Not sure about that. Earlier 2000's had limited autos, but Futera, Topps and UD products since have had at least one auto or more hit per box.

Spot on! The early 2000's were made by Panini and were 'cut signatures' of the players, continuing with their slack form we will be having sticker auto's in this new release.

I've had the chance to speak to a fair number of collectors whom all agree that it should be 1 auto per box, only expressing what the collectors want.

This release in general looks pretty dodgy. Panini just recycling the design from the NBA release. One would think Panini would put a little more effort into a set for the biggest sporting event in the world.

@BoondasH1 I understand.

I'm still a believer in autographs being harder to find than one per box. i think it ensures more valuable collections and wish that the NBA had less autos and more patches personally.

I think this product will be the single best World Cup trading card release ever and if I hear anyone say "I wish Upper Deck".... I worked in a store which sold their faff in '94 - please spare me! AWFUL. This set will be 1 million times more collectable and sought after.

Considering last World Cup we had crumby Match Attax and crumby Adrenalyn XL, I think this will be a great release!
And I thought the whole idea of it being called Prizm was that it followed the look and feel of the Basketball/football releases..

I think as we saw with the Topps Premier Gold, if the autos are too prevalent, they become horribly devalued.
I'm no fan of the bindippers, but when I heard of John Barnes (he was a fantastic player when I was younger to watch)
autos from that product going for $6-10, it just makes you shake your head in disbelief. THerefore 3-4 a case or thereabouts
works best for Prizm I think...

@BoondasH1 I understand.

I'm still a believer in autographs being harder to find than one per box. i think it ensures more valuable collections and wish that the NBA had less autos and more patches personally.

I think this product will be the single best World Cup trading card release ever and if I hear anyone say "I wish Upper Deck".... I worked in a store which sold their faff in '94 - please spare me! AWFUL. This set will be 1 million times more collectable and sought after.

I wish UD was making these.:p

1994 was a long time ago. Look at those Man Utd sets. They were amazing and still hold their value.

Back
Top Bottom