OFFICIAL WINNER - First PC Battle Champion - Slobbythegreat!

Crown the First Ever PC Battle Royale Champion

• Onvison/OJ Mayo

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Slobbythegreat/Scottie Pippen

Votes: 43 69.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: PC Battle Royale - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN

gotta vote for Pippen- sorry Mayo :v: - 90's inserts are darn gorgeous - PMG GREEN is a sure winner!!! My Vote accidentally bump the PIPPEN' tally to 33 - jersey no anyone (weird coincidence?)

Who'd have think it????

I wouldn't have picked such a one sided vote!!!

Bump for mayo???

NICE ONE SLOBBY!!!!!

You are destroying this round! Now the interest is gone!!! You that's right, somehow it is your fault.

I don't know what I am saying, I think I meant to say "bump"

Mate I'm only up by 22.....u know theres still time! I'm aiming to be up by 33 would be fitting!

slobby, your lucky my hardens didnt make it into this comp.. pippen would have been running scared of the beard..

Mate I'm only up by 22.....u know theres still time! I'm aiming to be up by 33 would be fitting!

I think it should be 'Cockythegreat'!!!:lol:

---------- Post added 11-10-2011 at 08:17 AM ----------

;) Ofc, can't possibly be wrong ;)

except that I voted for the wrong John, which nobody is aware of mwuahahaha

You know, I read that 3 times before I saw the light grey print!!!

i saw cebru's light grey post...i think my epic pippens made him slightly unsteady so he clicked the mayo then realised the error of his ways....i will refuse to win by 23 as well...some one vote for me..i need the confidence!!

lol even in this comp, Pippen is shrouded in Jordan :p

I'm a Minnesota fan, it's pretty much habitualised that I'm gonna cheer for the underdog, even when the underdog has no chance...

Go John!!

Onvision you have my vote, i can relate to all those cards you posted since my PC guy is from the same class + i can't handle seeing Slobs head get bigger then it already is :D

Onvision you have my vote, i can relate to all those cards you posted since my PC guy is from the same class + i can't handle seeing Slobs head get bigger then it already is :D

This competition should be Age Ranged so that you dont get two completely different eras facing up, its hard to say which is better because they dont compare. the Pippins are better now because of their age, when these mayos are 14 years old it would be a fair fight but not against Pippin because those cards would be 28 years old then.

Battle Royale 96-00
Battle Royale 01-05
Battle Royale 06-10

This competition should be Age Ranged so that you dont get two completely different eras facing up, its hard to say which is better because they dont compare. the Pippins are better now because of their age, when these mayos are 14 years old it would be a fair fight but not against Pippin because those cards would be 28 years old then.

Battle Royale 96-00
Battle Royale 01-05
Battle Royale 06-10

best idea i've heard all day.

I have two points, firstly the age of the card was never a factor for me, though I can't say whether other people thought that made a difference and secondly, three comps is a bit intense, I'm surprised Adam has time run this one, being that he has a full time job and a young family!!

All these ideas are very welcome! The idea would be to run one comp at a time, but take it in turns as to the 'Target'.
I like Al's idea of the 'image' of the cards as that would open the door to some awesome inserts to be the main attractions.

Also like the idea of Era's, but I guess it would be a question of whether you determine by the era of the player or the cards??

Pairing 09/10 & 10/11 rookies together would solve the Upper Deck/Topp/Panini issues, but could be hard from there.

When me and Bainy came up with this idea, it was going to be orientated around recent pickups, but since it was a new idea, it made sense to allow all previously acquired cards in on it for the first turn.

nup, ive had enough...for 3 rounds i've been watching and reading whats been said about the different cards...i like the fact that you are passionate about your mayo's i stayed humble and kept my thoughts to myself but not now...simple truths.

These cards are very easy to compare, thats what this damn thing was about...COMPARISON!!, The pippens have ALWAYS been better and not because of their age..but because they are simpley better, tag...better...autos...better....patch....better....inserts....better...yeah you got some good, no you have GREAT cards...bUT you never stood a chance...only people who would stand a chance are some people in the 2nd round..but they didnt get a chance to make it in time...even then id still have won cause ive got what people want...90's credentials, 90's pmg's, 90's star rubies, exquisite patch autos etc. This competition is suited to me because of the limitiations of the types of cards. Stop trying to make excuses for the reasons why your mayo's are getting pumped. Im surprised Mayo actually got 17 votes...i think 10 are out of sympathy, and im sure you will get more now that ive posted this...but ive said from the start im not in it to win...i only voted for myself once! Ive watched all the excuses and remarks about it being unfair...pippen has 2000+ cards, pippens are older, different time frames, who's been collecting longer...the thinly veiled snide remarks having tiny shots...like i said before i love your passion for mayos and love your competitive drive, but i also enjoy your arrogance...but thats never a competition you will win against me either....so how about every body shut up about what sort of limitations you want on the competition and just put up what your supposed to and stop trying to find ways to win...this was not a serious competition..it was a chance for people to post up their stuff for everyone to see without having to peruse expansive photobuckets/webpages.

nup, ive had enough...for 3 rounds i've been watching and reading whats been said about the different cards...i like the fact that you are passionate about your mayo's i stayed humble and kept my thoughts to myself but not now...simple truths.

These cards are very easy to compare, thats what this damn thing was about...COMPARISON!!, The pippens have ALWAYS been better and not because of their age..but because they are simpley better, tag...better...autos...better....patch....better....inserts....better...yeah you got some good, no you have GREAT cards...bUT you never stood a chance...only people who would stand a chance are some people in the 2nd round..but they didnt get a chance to make it in time...even then id still have won cause ive got what people want...90's credentials, 90's pmg's, 90's star rubies, exquisite patch autos etc. This competition is suited to me because of the limitiations of the types of cards. Stop trying to make excuses for the reasons why your mayo's are getting pumped. Im surprised Mayo actually got 17 votes...i think 10 are out of sympathy, and im sure you will get more now that ive posted this...but ive said from the start im not in it to win...i only voted for myself once! Ive watched all the excuses and remarks about it being unfair...pippen has 2000+ cards, pippens are older, different time frames, who's been collecting longer...the thinly veiled snide remarks having tiny shots...like i said before i love your passion for mayos and love your competitive drive, but i also enjoy your arrogance...but thats never a competition you will win against me either....so how about every body shut up about what sort of limitations you want on the competition and just put up what your supposed to and stop trying to find ways to win...this was not a serious competition..it was a chance for people to post up their stuff for everyone to see without having to peruse expansive photobuckets/webpages.

wow, i never said that i had a chance agianst you, you are really worked up, i wonder why.
I have always been glad that I was lucky enough to not be in your group in every round.
the stats i stated last round were facts, you can research them.
Im sure people will disagree with you, at least 17.
You are winning this competition, no reason to be so irate.
I was talking about a future competition with an age restriction.
I happen to think that it is a good idea.
Every stop along the way i have respected your collection.
You suggested that we base this competition on Price and Value,
I dont care about that, this is all fun.
Lets be civil here, mate

**Edit**
they are simpley better, tag...better...autos...better....patch....better.. ..inserts....better

simply not true, sorry this is an opinion

you never stood a chance

Very True

I am really worried that this is being taken in the wrong context here! I know that there is a 'poll' and in turn a competitive spirit to the comp, but what Slobby has said is spot on - "it was a chance for people to post up their stuff for everyone to see without having to peruse expansive photobuckets/webpages.".

I do welcome the ideas of variations of the comp, but the ideas need to revolve around the best way to show off cards and in no way should they be designed to give one person an advantage over others.

In future comps, I am more than happy to take out the random.org component and try to pair like PC's with each other to try and keep the votes close!

In saying this, before we even started this comp, there were heaps of people saying that they think Slobby will demolish everyone in this because of what they know about his PC, but also because of what they know about Slobby. I have never had any dealings with him at all until this comp, but I can see why he is well liked and respected on here. I know that my DeJuan Blair PC wouldn't stand a chance against the Pip's, but I would allow him to smash me in the polls, just so I can get a look at some of his PC!!!!

All that said. Lets all make sure this comp continues to be taken in the way it was intended. A fun, friendly and enjoyable way to chat about each others cards and admire the eye candy!!

Back
Top Bottom