Official All-Time Basketball Draft Thread #2 - Complete!!!

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Rules:

• Pick a team to draft your all time best/favourite rosters
  • Time allowed per pick is 12 hours or your turn will be auto-skipped
  • Previous selector will tag the next pick who is up and the time will start
  • More below so please read and be up to speed!

Previous Draft Rules-

1. Draft- The objective here is to draft the greatest basketball team possible from a pool of every professional basketball player who has played in the NBA/ABA. This will be a TWELVE round snake draft, with randomized draft order prior to the beginning of the draft (using random.org)...

2. Roster- Every team roster will include the following TWELVE positions to be drafted. A player must have spent at least 1/2 of his career at your position of choice-
PG-
PG-
SG-
SG-
G-
SF-
SF-
PF-
PF-
F/C-
C-
C-

3. Drafting Rules- To ensure the draft moves along, I will impose a strict twelve hour draft clock for every pick. If you fail to make your pick during the twelve hour window, your team will be skipped. If your team is skipped three times in the draft, you either forfeit your spot or someone who missed out might take over as GM. If you are skipped, you may make your pick at any moment after your draft window is expired, however, you run the risk of the next team drafting a player that you wished to draft.

Also, if you know you are going to be gone for your next pick and do not want to be skipped, you may send a proxy list of players you would like to draft to me, via pm. Also, because sending a proxy list will speed up the draft process, the other team owners and I as commissioner will appreciate it.

4. Drafting Formating and Etiquette- Please format all picks in the following way:

["round number"."pick number"] "Team Name" Select- "Player Name", "Player Position"

EXAMPLE- [1.1] San Antonio Spurs Select- Michael Jordan, SG

Also, members are required to send a pm to the next team to notify them that it is their turn. When you do send a pm, please say so under your draft pick. If for whatever reason you cannot format or pm next, please indicate that and I will do so ASAP, but please, do not abuse it...

5. Maintaining Rosters- I will maintain a draft sheet on page 3, to list all draft choices by pick and also by position. I ask that all of you however maintain your current roster on your own edited post where you first selected your team, in order for everybody to be able to look over all teams individually. Other rules about maintaining the rosters will be available on this seperate thread.

6. Draft Completion- Once the draft is complete and all teams have a full roster, teams will be randomized (using random.org) to see your opponent, and again for each round after. Games will be best of 7 and run through a game simulator software eg whatifsports.com.

Round 1 : 1 v 16, 2 v 15 etc etc - random for home court
Round 2: 1 v 8, 2 v 7 etc - random for home court
Round 3 : 1 v 4, 2 v 3 - random for home court
Finals : 1 v 2 - random for home court or best win/loss record so far? TBC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHECK HERE FOR PLAYERS DRAFTED SO FAR:

Official All-Time Basketball Draft Thread #2 - Running!!!!

or DRAFTED BY POSITION

or TEAM ROSTERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Draft Order.JPG

Entrants/Teams (Alphabetical)

Atlanta Hawks - @thePACisback
New Jersey Nets - @0kramrajnoc
Chicago Bulls - @Billyhoyle
Cleveland Cavaliers - @Harsha_12
Denver Nuggets - @Jaames
Detroit Pistons - @chris_rimp
Indiana Pacers - @TheCardMan
Los Angeles Lakers - @nichj99
Milwaukee Bucks - @jkidd05
Minnesota Timberwolves - @GarnettFan4Life
New Orleans Pelicans - @rhysjsolomon
New York Knicks - @mattyman76
Orlando Magic - @kiwi_in_melb
Philadelphia 76ers - @The Game of Sport
Seattle SuperSonics - @Reignman40
Utah Jazz - @skip20

Here's the old 2015 thread for review

https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/complete-official-all-time-nba-draft.181923/

Last edited:
Nobody thought to tag me? *sigh* Let's roll with the Jazz and try to get them some sort of title.... Kind of busy these days but hopefully making an ill considered decision once in a while won't be too taxing...

Back
Top Bottom