Official 2018 NRL TLA Traders Thread (Sell Sheet Page 5)

For Freddie I can kind of understand as he was a Penrith junior and GF winner before going to Bondi.

Blocker should be in Balmain as he was a one club player.

Don’t forget Raper, Coote & Lewis Legends are all in green and gold to!!

You're right but it seems inconsistent as Langer, tallis, Johns played for Australia. Don't understand.

I don’t think the big hit ratio or value is any different to last year, just luck of the draw I guess. Aside from SAS Authentics all cards will drop significantly in price in 4 weeks, that is the best time to grab them.

The Pink Startoons are a great addition but only about 1:18 starters. I will be interested to see what $$ value they settle at. I think $20-$25 as all starters will be busted so quickly and the market will be flooded!!
Last ye predictors haven’t all come out. They must be floating too. I hope they don’t but I do think the sigs will go up in price like 2013

I think SAS will definitely hold in that $150-$200 Mark and gradually go up. Nice cards, good players. You don’t see any SAS from 16 Traders, probably get $250 for most of those now.

Predictors from last year, apart from Storm are useless! Glorified team logos!!

Hi all. Ive decided to start collecting again after a 10 year hiatus and im looking forward to traders being released on thursday. Just wanted to ask arpund and see if anyone knew of any physical trading card shops around the North Brisbane/ Sunshine coast area. When i used to collect part of the appeal was going into a trading card shop and checking out the stock and talking shop with the staff. Whilst internet stores are quite handy, its just not the same.
Also, there is 1 or two card shows a year in Brisbane run by APCS (check out the card show thread) which are really good. Chasing the Dream has a stall at the Rocklea Markets on Sundays as well.

I think SAS will definitely hold in that $150-$200 Mark and gradually go up. Nice cards, good players. You don’t see any SAS from 16 Traders, probably get $250 for most of those now.

Predictors from last year, apart from Storm are useless! Glorified team logos!!
I still cant find a STG one to add to the PC and the odd one that does come up is still selling $50+ in no time.

Patience.............

Anyone seen any in Newsagents yet?
Just looked at my delivery manifest for tomorrow and printed labels.
Boxes of traders are listed, albums were on the list but showing as Monday delivery, no sign of starters although a quick search shows we do have a allocation but cant find a delivery date.

Matt Lodge interview on Fox
What a crock!

Contradictions left, right and center and still no real accountability.

‘I can’t remember that night, I blacked out’

Next question

‘I disagree with some of the court facts, I didn’t do that’

Umm, I thought you blacked out? How do you know what you did and didn’t do?

Last edited:
I picked up on that as well, do you or don't you remember!

My concern was that he hadn't accepted responsibility or shown remorse and had never spoken publicly it was like they were trying to hide him.

After tonight I must say though I am getting soft in my old age as I did feel that he is perhaps on the right path and deserves another chance......but on a very very tight leash.

I would have thought the NRL could have put in a clause and garnished his wages to force the compensation of his victims and made this all very open and public months ago rather than a week out from Rnd1.

Ross

Time will tell I guess. I just dislike the way that some clubs try and display integrity with player actions and others do what they feel like when it suits.
There seems to be the way all other 15 clubs deal with it and the broncos that don’t

Ie Roberts, now this goose

There seems to be the way all other 15 clubs deal with it and the broncos that don’t

The Broncos need to be more open and transparent.

However I think Brendan is likely referring to Canberra and their issues with enforcing strong moral standings to then only have another club sign the player seemingly without consequence.

Ross

Not sticking up for him at all considering we lost Barba for having a sneaky line after the sharks first ever gf win ?? Hardly a crime , NRL should of supplied the bags lol. But I’ve had a few big weeks in Vegas and trust me when I say some things become a blank lol.
The alternative is scrap him from the only thing he’s good at , he spirals down further and does the same thing again (in Australia)or worse ,or get him the help he needs and keep him busy . As for the 1.6 mill ?? Please , that’s the stupid yanks trying to extort a bloke. Hardly worth that for what he did . People rape and murder in Australia and don’t pay a cent to victims?As for him not speaking publicly earlier, I’m pretty sure it would of been advised by his psychologist and rehab people in his best interest not too??

I call bulshit on this. Don't just single out Brisbane when other clubs are worse. NSW origin never seem to give a shit either in context against Kevie Walters banned x number of players from QLD selection just for staying out late.

Not sticking up for him at all considering we lost Barba for having a sneaky line after the sharks first ever gf win ?? Hardly a crime , NRL should of supplied the bags lol. But I’ve had a few big weeks in Vegas and trust me when I say some things become a blank lol.
The alternative is scrap him from the only thing he’s good at , he spirals down further and does the same thing again (in Australia)or worse ,or get him the help he needs and keep him busy . As for the 1.6 mill ?? Please , that’s the stupid yanks trying to extort a bloke. Hardly worth that for what he did . People rape and murder in Australia and don’t pay a cent to victims?As for him not speaking publicly earlier, I’m pretty sure it would of been advised by his psychologist and rehab people in his best interest not too??

The point is he hasn’t been held accountable for his actions. 1.6 million compensation or 20+ years in a maximum security jail in America, I know what I would be choosing. That was the plea deal, no jail time and the huge fine. The Australian justice system is far from perfect, sentences tend to be more lenient but victims of serious crimes tend to get remunerated from the government.

These guys ( NRL players) have the world at their feet. Great money to do what they love while keeping fit. Some aspects are very tough for them as they basically live in an acquarium but they are idolised and need to set good examples / make good choices. I don’t condone drug use on any level and Barba made a dumb choice.

You raise a fair point that this is all Lodge is good at so let him go and keep him on the straight and narrow. No argumentsfr me as long as he accepts full responsibility which he hasn’t. He made excuses, contradicted himself and the written apology to the victims was disgraceful. Same as Ferguson when convicted of sexual assault, all excuses no accountability.

Back
Top Bottom