Official 2016/17 Tap N Play Cricket Trading Card Thread

Just got a message from Neil at Tap N Play......expect a rash of new signing photos soon on their Facebook page.

1 player (Sixers) signed today and 3 more on Monday.

Nic Maddinson is the Sydney Sixers Signature Player (from the Tap N Play Facebook Page)

14292378_1739868092946959_2204064030798707397_n.jpg

14344944_1739868069613628_1937690337958187995_n.jpg

The big hitting Nic Maddinson from the Sixers dropped by to sign 210 signature cards for this year's Tap'N'Play CA & BBL Trading Card series.
The Nowra lefty is the most successful Sixers' batsman with a pinch under 1000 BBL runs in only 39 matches, including 98 x 4's and 40 x 6's. In addition to the great stats, at 25 Nic is a fine leader who we are proud to have as part of our signature set this year.

210 sig cards, if there's 210 for all the players, then there's certainly plenty to find!! :)

Looks good, still don't know if we will get allocated anything from this release.
Received a email back from G&G yesterday telling me at this stage they don't have any info on the release. Guess I will have to keep pestering customer service every few weeks.

Looks like we wont be getting any international Sig cards this year.

At least we will have them in the packs rather than via redemption. cards look great, looking forward to seeing them in hand....

Looks like we wont be getting any international Sig cards this year.

At least we will have them in the packs rather than via redemption. cards look great, looking forward to seeing them in hand....

I know there are 2 Australian signatures 1 men's and 1 Southern Stars and 1 each from the bbl teams.

I believe the signatures may be redemptions again as well....due to the Aussies only getting back from overseas.....and most of the players being part of the international teams.

From the last list I saw, Maddinson is the only player who hasn't played for Australia I think.

If the list stays the same that I saw, I really want a Brisbane Heat Auto!

I know there are 2 Australian signatures 1 men's and 1 Southern Stars and 1 each from the bbl teams.

I believe the signatures may be redemptions again as well....due to the Aussies only getting back from overseas.....and most of the players being part of the international teams.

From the last list I saw, Maddinson is the only player who hasn't played for Australia I think.

I was meaning internationals ie. Kumar Sangakkara, Brendan McCullum, Samuel Badree etc etc.

No matter, looking forward to this release. Counting down the weeks!

Just had this sent to us from Tap N Play:

CA.jpg

I was told that each case (on average) would have:

3 x Signature Cards - Limited to #/210 each
1 x Ultimate Performers - Limited to #/60 each
1 x Jersey Numbers Gold - Limited to Players Jersey Number (Ranging between #/1 and #/77)
5 x Jersey Numbers Silver #/150 each

1 x Case Card for the first 100 cases sold - Limited to #/100

Was also told all of these would be serially numbered like other manufacturers do them.

Regards
Matt

Last edited:

CA.jpg

1 x Jersey Numbers Gold - Limited to Players Jersey Number (Ranging between #/1 and #/77)

Was also told all of these would be serially numbered like other manufacturers do them.

Regards
Matt
Wow. Shaping up to be a very very impressive release! :thumbsup:

Brendan mccullum???

CA.jpg

Regards
Matt
Cards look great.

Are you saying there is a Jersey Numbers gold foil card that is a 1 of 1 which forms part of this set of 20?

Cards look great.

Are you saying there is a Jersey Numbers gold foil card that is a 1 of 1 which forms part of this set of 20?

There is a Jersey numbers set which is Silver and is limited to 150 cards each (20 Players) 1:72 packs

There is a Gold Variation of these cards 1 in 360 packs that is limited to the players jersey number. The highest number I was told is 77 and the Lowest is 1, so yes only 1 set of Golds can be completed if that's the case.

Cheers
Matt

There is a Jersey numbers set which is Silver and is limited to 150 cards each (20 Players) 1:72 packs

There is a Gold Variation of these cards 1 in 360 packs that is limited to the players jersey number. The highest number I was told is 77 and the Lowest is 1, so yes only 1 set of Golds can be completed if that's the case.

Cheers
Matt

Wow - conflicted about how I feel about that although if they are going to have 1 of 1s I wonder if the printing plates will be incorporated in future series like overseas releases

I just hope the collation is better than the early cases last year

I don't know how to feel about the 1/1, I don't have an issue with 1/1 as stand alone cards.
1/1 in a 20 card subset that has up to 77 of some cards leaves me disappointed, makes putting together a complete subset impossible for anyone apart from who ever is lucky enough to get their hands on the 1/1.
Cant help thinking having a 1/1 will really devalue the other cards in the subset as no one will seriously chase a full set.

Back
Top Bottom