Official 2016/17 Tap N Play Cricket Trading Card Thread

@Mike_K Starcs jersey must be a USA sized 'Medium" lol or it could be official CA party gear where Starc wears this with his midriff showing loll

Was told by a little birdie that he doesn't like changing jerseys during the series and this one was worn in all games in which he played.

Been told to expect another post in the next few weeks for another piece of memorabilia that has been acquired.

Cheers
Matt

Only thing with tap n play game used cards are I don't like the way the cards are folded over, not the correct way we normally see GU cards produced. Let hope the insert cards this year have a little more wow factor than last years, which looked no more special than the commons. Looking forward to seeing how they improve on last years release.

Some good recent posts here. Just picking up on some themes, if the Starc shirt is the only one that he used throughout the series, maybe the GU card may need to be in 'housed' within some car air fresheners:lol:

image.png

Only thing with tap n play game used cards are I don't like the way the cards are folded over, not the correct way we normally see GU cards produced. Let hope the insert cards this year have a little more wow factor than last years, which looked no more special than the commons. Looking forward to seeing how they improve on last years release.

I agree with you on this 100%. I'm led to believe the patch cards will be made more like we expect them to be (not a folder card) and some inserts will be numbered similar to AFL/NRL cards - not hand numbered.

I believe that there has been a lot of work done to improve the inserts this year including adding more value into a box or case.

I agree with you on this 100%. I'm led to believe the patch cards will be made more like we expect them to be (not a folder card) and some inserts will be numbered similar to AFL/NRL cards - not hand numbered.

I believe that there has been a lot of work done to improve the inserts this year including adding more value into a box or case.

That all sounds really positive. Thanks for sharing that info.

Nice to see another jersey card for this release.
Although the sizing of shirts must have been very 'generous' for that ODI series, given his shirt in the photo is M size, and Mitch Starc is 6ft 6in (197 cm) :whistle:

Reminds me of the tag line in that vintage Mitsubishi ad - 'not so squeezy!'
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

First week November so only 10 weeks away.
Gordon & Gotch handling the newsagency release, just need to ensure I get some allocated now.

so this seasons cricket cards wont be released till November? I feel a little disappointed as we at the waca are finally having a few domestic one dayers here for the first time since 2013, in the first week of October, and our test match is on the first week of november

Hopefully you should have them in time for the Test. You've still got shield and big bash games along with other international fixtures and trainings to hopefully get your domestic player cards signed.

Hey Guys,

I have under the For Sale/Trade Section cards from the 14-15 and 15-16 sets if you need any. I also have cards for some of the South Africans that will be coming out in this section for sale as well.

Cheers
Chris

so this seasons cricket cards wont be released till November? I feel a little disappointed as we at the waca are finally having a few domestic one dayers here for the first time since 2013, in the first week of October, and our test match is on the first week of november
Unfortunately it happens every year. We have had the entire One day domestic series here in Sydney for the last few years & the cards are always released after the tournament has finished. Last year all the test players were there, so could have had 90% of the set completed if they were out in October.

Hopefully they are out first week in November as has been reported & will give you the chance to get them at the test & some shield games as well as the BBL.

Unfortunately it happens every year. We have had the entire One day domestic series here in Sydney for the last few years & the cards are always released after the tournament has finished. Last year all the test players were there, so could have had 90% of the set completed if they were out in October.

Hopefully they are out first week in November as has been reported & will give you the chance to get them at the test & some shield games as well as the BBL.

This years were delayed by late signings for the BBL. Broad and Bell will have base cards from what I was told recently.

Also been told to expect some really limited number cards......

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
This years were delayed by late signings for the BBL. Board and Bell will have base cards from what I was told recently.

Also been told to expect some really limited number cards......

Cheers
Matt
How long is the delay for this years? What is the new release date expected?

Who / what is board & bell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuart Broad and Ian Bell - both new BBL signings.

Still expected out in early Nov I was told.

Cheers
Matt

looks like ill have to be on the lookout for some of this seasons signed hurricanes cards cause the tassie shield team come to the waca before our test (3rd november), and the hurricanes arent coming to perth this season :(
thanks anyway guys!

Back
Top Bottom