Official 2014-15 NBA Regular Season Thread

Omg Duncan with the turn over with less than 6 seconds from an inbound pass and BJennings with the game winner that left 0.1 on the clock that just happened now. Pop is a sick sick coach he sat TD for the last 6minutes of the 3rd and the hole 4th until the last minute lol, they gave up a 18 point lead (after the early 3rd). At least Danny Green got his shot back but god dam Munroe & Drummond are tearing it up since Jsmooth got waivered.

Cavs get Mozgov. Nugs get two future first-round draft picks.
very good trade for the cavs in my opinion. Big guy who will block shots and rebound , currently averaging 8.5pts (on 6 shots), 7.8 rebs and 1.2 blocks. Won't require the ball and will play a role like Omar Asik.

DEN will never see the picks they are so protected. It's a good trade for them, given he isn't really much of a player.

The protections on the pick from Memphis: Nos. 1-5 and 15-30 in 2015; 1-5 and 15-30 in '16; 1-5 in '17 and 1-5 in 2018; unprotected in 2019. The protections on the OKC pick: Nos. 1-18 in 2015; 1-15 in '16; 1-15 in 2017. After 2017, it becomes two seconds.

couple of good articles:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/why-the-cavaliers-traded-two-first-round-picks-for-timofey-mozgov

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-talks-acquire-timofey-mozgov-denver-nuggets

Importantly, the trade clears up the logjam of big men in Denver and creates playing time for rookie Jusuf Nurkic (I suggest seeing this guys highlights of last 3 games!) and minutes to JaVale McGee. The writing was on the wall all last week for Mozgov who averaged only 16 minutes a game as a starter, with Nurkic averaging 26 and being far, far more efficient.

Nurkic is the best big man to come out of the draft, with a question mark over Embiid - obviously.

Quietly, the Hawks have emerged as possible title contenders from the East. How are they doing this?! Big win against Memphis tonight solidifying that this isn't a fluke.

Quietly, the Hawks have emerged as possible title contenders from the East. How are they doing this?! Big win against Memphis tonight solidifying that this isn't a fluke.
They literally ruin the west i think they are 8-2 vs west atm or 9-2 now ? something like this. Thing is clearly Horford still has room to get back to his usual self which is very very scary.
Paul Milsap is bossing it as well as all the other pieces.

They literally ruin the west i think they are 8-2 vs west atm or 9-2 now ? something like this. Thing is clearly Horford still has room to get back to his usual self which is very very scary.

Yep this puts them at 9-2 against the West. And they have the ability to swap draft picks with the nets this offseason. They could be about to get deeper as well!

Also, the Pistons just blew out the mavs. what the hell... moves them to just 3 games behind the 8th spot out east. Monroe and Drummond combine for 37 rebounds.

And in a strange twist, these two teams meet next! Can't wait to watch it to be honest!

oh, and the other trade that went down... @Reignman40 's boy Jared Cunningham traded from the Clippers to the Sixers. The Clippers get the rights to Serhiy Lishchuk in return.

The wizards also waived Glen Rice Jr and the wolves waived Jeff Adrien

Nah all non guaranteed contracts that were not waived by today (I think the cut off is in a few hours time) become guaranteed for the rest of the season. They only have to pay the daily rate of full contract / number of days on the roster and that's all the counts toward the cap. So i would expect the sixers waive JC very soon (could be wrong) as they are below the cap and the clippers would have had to pay the tax on those days.

And Teague has been on fire! Averaging 23.5 pts, 7.8 ast, 2.5 stl and 4.5 reb over the last 6 games at 54% fg%

I'm loving the teams on top at the moment. It's about time we see some different teams dominate.

oh, and the other trade that went down... @Reignman40 's boy Jared Cunningham traded from the Clippers to the Sixers. The Clippers get the rights to Serhiy Lishchuk in return.

Nah all non guaranteed contracts that were not waived by today (I think the cut off is in a few hours time) become guaranteed for the rest of the season. They only have to pay the daily rate of full contract / number of days on the roster and that's all the counts toward the cap. So i would expect the sixers waive JC very soon (could be wrong) as they are below the cap and the clippers would have had to pay the tax on those days.

Another sad day for me as JC moves to another team, only to get waived instantly (from the reports I am hearing, yet to read it though)

So that would have made team 5 in 3 years in the 76ers. Finally he gets to some teams that may produce some decent patch cards for him and he isn't there long enough for Panini to grab a jersey/ Oh well.

I'm loving the teams on top at the moment. It's about time we see some different teams dominate.

Reckon its a result of the new / current collective bargaining agreement bringing in heavier taxes to make the smaller markets more competitive?

Its Jeff Teague. My boy is killing it and yet all the all-star talk is about the usual ball hogging bozos.

Wow thought rice jr would have stuck around, watched the cavs play today and they are not winning a championship, the remind me of the lakers when they had shaq, Malone, rice, Kobe and Payton, looks good on paper but somthing just an't clicking, they just don't seem to be playing team ball, love looks like he's trying to get his own, as are a lot of them, the real threats this year in the east are the bulls, raptors, wizards and hawks, the west is a lot harder to pick, so so stacked, even the spurs with their current record would struggle to make the 8, going to be a great playoffs, but I'm tipping a bulls/mavs finals, With the mavs winning it in 6 and dirk walking away a champ, and this is hard to say because I am a bulls fan lol

Reckon its a result of the new / current collective bargaining agreement bringing in heavier taxes to make the smaller markets more competitive?
Think it's more to do with the teams that used to stink drafting well and the big market teams blowing their picks trying to win now only for it to blow up in their faces, Knicks have a chance to be great again next year with a good draft (okafor) and a couple of good signings, Monroe and butler come to mind for me, pick up a half decent pg and that's a pretty deadly starting 5

Back
Top Bottom