Official 2013-14 Playoffs Thread - SPOILERS!

Pretty disappointed...but congrats to the spurs, they deserved to win that series, they played complete team basketball without anyone starring the whole series, pick and pop and pick and roll with Duncan worked so well and when the heat made adjustments and went under it, the ball movement and catching the defence off guard worked a treat...Still believe the Wade and Bosh's inconsistency and the role players not showing up didn't help, Lebron at times went to take over and then he tried too hard to involve everyone else when they weren't producing, all in all the Heat where flat out out played...as much as I hate Duncan, he has been rejuvenated and has to be the best PF of all time, imagine if the spurs were in the east, could Duncan maybe of gotten close to Russells legacy of championships????
if Lebron stays or goes he will always be under the microscope and can never escape that...the most over analysed sporting figure ever...I reckon he will go, unless the heat can piece together some younger talent to offset the minutes of the veterans--my guess a new dynasty in the making--at the cavs, knicks or bulls...

Pretty disappointed...but congrats to the spurs, they deserved to win that series, they played complete team basketball without anyone starring the whole series, pick and pop and pick and roll with Duncan worked so well and when the heat made adjustments and went under it, the ball movement and catching the defence off guard worked a treat...Still believe the Wade and Bosh's inconsistency and the role players not showing up didn't help, Lebron at times went to take over and then he tried too hard to involve everyone else when they weren't producing, all in all the Heat where flat out out played...as much as I hate Duncan, he has been rejuvenated and has to be the best PF of all time, imagine if the spurs were in the east, could Duncan maybe of gotten close to Russells legacy of championships????
if Lebron stays or goes he will always be under the microscope and can never escape that...the most over analysed sporting figure ever...I reckon he will go, unless the heat can piece together some younger talent to offset the minutes of the veterans--my guess a new dynasty in the making--at the cavs, knicks or bulls...

Wait.... WHAT??? How can ANYONE hate Duncan??

I don't think LeBron will leave. Come on, 4 straight Finals appearances and 2 championships isn't a bad outcome. Riley is an absolute mastermind and he will undoubtedly be analysing the situation and figure out what is going to be the best move to put the Heat in a position to succeed.

10452387_10152966017462575_1521463912156329907_n.jpg

lol at above post ^^^. Yeah i guess his DNA failed him.

Wade was owned in G5. I saw one good quarter from the heat the whole series (irrespective of G2) and that was the first quarter in G5. Their intensity in that quarter was great, i thought we were going to have a close game and then the spurs defense just completely shut them down and Kawhi should get a lot of credit for the way he played lebron defensively. One thing i noticed in the first quarter was when wade hit the floor at one point he jumped straight up without assistance. First time i saw him do that. Usually he puts his arms in the air like the queen of sheba waiting for his subjects to help him off the floor. I know he has bad knees but it's the finals...where's the intensity? He found it for about 5 mins and then went back to sleep.

Kawhi for MVP IMO. His defense alone against what the commentators called "the greatest player on the planet" (lol yeah right, i think your only as good as your last game) should get him the award. Although the help defense the spurs played was impeccable.

The other thing that spun me out was hearing the commentators talk about Mills. I never thought i would ever see the day when American commentators, during an NBA finals game, would discuss MABO. I can imagine there is probably a few million americans scratching their head going, he's an aborigi...what? But the way Mills played that game, if Parker retired tomorrow he could step in and the spurs wouldn't miss a beat. Was interesting to watch Parker in the 4th QTR go to great lengths to get some personal points on the board. I don't think he wanted to see Mills - 17, Parker - 0 at the end of the game.

Was an awesome series to watch and a lesson by the spurs in how to play team basketball.

Finally got the chance to watch the 2nd half of Game 5. I already knew the result, not being able to avoid it given how well Mills played.

What an amazing result given the way the game started. At one stage the Spurs run was 50-20, that is insane on two levels, firstly the greatness of the Spurs offense and defense, but secondly, the lack of bench play from Miami is clearly the area that they must upgrade in the offseason. I am just not sure how they possibly can, given that they use their whole salary cap on 3 guys and then have to go into luxury tax territory just to field a 12 man roster, so I have no idea how Riley can conjure up a way to improve this team. As far as I am concerned, the Heat's run is over! Wade will continue to struggle with health, Bosh is not getting any better and they have no young guys where natural improvement will come from. And that is presuming that Lebron comes back (which I think he will).

As a Perth Wildcats fanatic I say bring in James Ennis!

But most importantly, a huge CONGRATULATIONS to the Spurs and to TEAM Basketball in general. It proves that you do not have to have the best player on your team to win. Remember the Spurs led the entire NBA with a 62-20 regular season, so this should not come as a surprise to people, especially to regular NBA viewers.

Lovin the quietness (I think I just made up a new word lol) on most forums now that the Heat fans dont have anything to shout about, mainly because as quickly as "fans" jumped on the bandwagon, they are already jumping off. Wonder who they will be supporting next year? There's plenty of room on the Pacers bandwagon lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom