Official 2013-14 NBA Regular Season Thread - SPOILERS!

Interesting

And do what you will with this: The Heat was offered Evan Turner before Indiana. All they had to give up was Haslem, who wasn’t even playing. Haslem, like Danny Granger, has spent his basketball life with only one team, and he talks a lot about the Heat way and family. The Heat didn’t make the trade at least in part because it didn’t like how the message contradicted what it was selling James when it met him, or what it might do to the locker room. And Haslem, the old pro who has twice given up in excess of $10 million to stay in Miami, never once said a negative syllable from the bench, telling anyone who would listen that a time would come when he would be needed. And, as the Pacers continue an uncommon short-circuiting since the Granger-for-Turner trade, that was the undersized Haslem pushing around Roy Hibbert, the giant who called his teammates selfish, in the most recent game to help decide the Eastern Conference’s best team. Miami Herald - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.uoO5md75.dpuf

Interesting

The Heat would never give up Haslem, I read this the other day. There's no need for them to do it.

There's just no way they'd do that trade.

Indy aren't struggling because of the Granger trade, Hibbert and the negativity surrounding that team is the reason, pointing fingers, you've got Lance carrying on and then P. George struggling with his game. G. Hill has been very poor this season.

With or without Granger, Indy are struggling.

They may however, be suffering from bad karma for picking up that giant waste of space Bynum. He has screwed a few teams now and I hope he retires.

I don't think the Bulls will be too upset with the loss to the Knicks.

Sure they have to get through the Nets in the 1st round but then they'll play the Pacers who they're 3 and 1 against this year.

That will be a great series and one I think the Bulls can win.

Yesterday I would have said Nets will win. Today KG fell on his back and Pierce hurt his shoulder again. Hope not too serious but you never know with vets! Going into the playoffs not the best timing! Still will be a good series!

You do realize Bron and Bosh were sitting out and Wade played 18 minutes? I think in the grand scheme of things, Miami probably decided that they would benefit more from the rest before the playoffs than to get HCA against Pacers. The Heat likely not to have HCA in the NBA Finals with their record anyway. Interestingly, the format for this year's NBA Finals will also be a 2-2-1-1-1 instead of the 2-3-2 format.

You do realize Bron and Bosh were sitting out and Wade played 18 minutes? I think in the grand scheme of things, Miami probably decided that they would benefit more from the rest before the playoffs than to get HCA against Pacers. The Heat likely not to have HCA in the NBA Finals with their record anyway. Interestingly, the format for this year's NBA Finals will also be a 2-2-1-1-1 instead of the 2-3-2 format.

You do realise that the Heat had every intention of finishing second so they can make it to the ECF with only possibility of facing Bobcats, Wizards, Raptors and won't have to face Bulls or Nets until ECF if they make it! ;)

Thats the conclusion I came to.
You came to the conclusion that they were tanking the game for playoff seeding and that's why you called Miami choke artists despite them resting Lebron and Bosh and limiting Wade's minutes? :crazy: That makes sense, how?

Wolves vs GS game is like a scrimmage, just up and down with very little D being played, gonna be some crazy stats.

No surprises at all with the Heat loss, they can't get no.1 and now as mentioned will have the easier run to the ECF anyway. Plus the Pacers need to get there first, Nets or Bulls will give them trouble.

Mem/Pho game has been great, I think Pho lose but they have been incredible all year.

You do realise that the Heat had every intention of finishing second so they can make it to the ECF with only possibility of facing Bobcats, Wizards, Raptors and won't have to face Bulls or Nets until ECF if they make it! ;)

Ah, so losing 5 out of their last 7 games was intentional...:thumbsdown: Tell me again, why was Lebron playing 37, 41, 37 and 48 minutes in losses? It makes no sense that Miami would tank games to get the second spot and play their most valuable player extended minutes and be scoring 33.5ppg over the stretch of the past 6 games if he was trying to lose? Silly rabbit.

Ah, so losing 5 out of their last 7 games was intentional...:thumbsdown: Tell me again, why was Lebron playing 37, 41, 37 and 48 minutes in losses? It makes no sense that Miami would tank games to get the second spot and play their most valuable player extended minutes and be scoring 33.5ppg over the stretch of the past 6 games if he was trying to lose? Silly rabbit.

Lol no one said they were trying to lose the last 6-7 games, silly rabbit! :rolleyes:

They were in a situation at the end of the season where they could:

A. Rest players and possibly lose the game, ensuring they get to play scrubs from here until Finals.

B. Play hard for the win and secure Home court.

No one was saying they were tanking, but they were willing to concede in favour of a rest and easie run to the finals.

Back
Top Bottom