Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FC Barcelona

• Athletico Madrid

• AC Milan

• Total voters
Speculation David Moyes is making a second bid for Sergio Canales from Real Madrid. Could mean another exciting player in the EPL. Also Phil Jones's transfer to Manchester United is being drawn out...

Also Harry Kewell to Sydney FC ;)

yeah hopefully that will be confirmed today.

Speaking of United, the new kit rocked up to mine today, i'm loving it to be honest! I can post some pics if people want!

yeah hopefully that will be confirmed today.

Speaking of United, the new kit rocked up to mine today, i'm loving it to be honest! I can post some pics if people want!

please no... ;)
kewell to sydney? what a wasted career. should have won alot more. liverpool sure did a number on him...

How did Liverpool do a number on him?

well considering at leeds he played the majority of his football as an attacking midfielder or even striker, and was absolutely amazing, then he goes to liverpool and houllier tries to turn him into a full-time left sided midfielder where he never really excelled at all. then benitez takes ages to give him a proper go, and that doesnt last either.
harry was one of the most exciting players in the league to watch at leeds. at liverpool, he was lame.
its not like hes the only one? pennant, cisse, morientes, riera, gonzalez, keane and most recently joe cole. all had success at more than one club.

looks nice mate here is the img code.

IMG_1582.jpg

Some valid points he was not played in the right position, but it was a 2 way street he did win a Champions League /FA medal ? and hardly played came off injured, his career at Liverpool was punctuated by heaps of injuries.
Cisse from memory had 2 major broken legs was and is a miracle that he ever go onto the field at all, A.Riera never rose to great heights in England played well for a few games but was never consistant then had a falling out with Benitez, Gonzales was a nobody and still is, Robbie Keane was not wanted by Benitez was bought literally without his knowledge the 18-20million was wasted by on him and Benitez on purpose hardly played him, Pennant has and always was erratic, starting to play abit more consistant but he has never lived up to the hype and finally Morientes without doubt one of my fav players ever i have always enjoyed watching him play and he was "GREAT" at Liverpool, not a bad word will be spoken with him :)
The one you missed is Ryan Babbel heaps of talent but was never given a consistant run of games, played on the wings, striker and anywhere elsethat seemed to be required, i was hoping he would be given 10 straight games of 90minutes in his preferred position but never was, used as a sub for 10minutes here and there never got the confidence BUT you could say that about any team in any sport would have heaps of stories like this...

well considering at leeds he played the majority of his football as an attacking midfielder or even striker, and was absolutely amazing, then he goes to liverpool and houllier tries to turn him into a full-time left sided midfielder where he never really excelled at all. then benitez takes ages to give him a proper go, and that doesnt last either.
harry was one of the most exciting players in the league to watch at leeds. at liverpool, he was lame.
its not like hes the only one? pennant, cisse, morientes, riera, gonzalez, keane and most recently joe cole. all had success at more than one club.

---------- Post added 14-06-2011 at 05:48 PM ----------

One talented player was bought for next to nothing and when he finally goes, will go for big $$$

yeah :)

My current favourite player, Chicharito :D

Some valid points he was not played in the right position, but it was a 2 way street he did win a Champions League /FA medal ? and hardly played came off injured, his career at Liverpool was punctuated by heaps of injuries.
Cisse from memory had 2 major broken legs was and is a miracle that he ever go onto the field at all, A.Riera never rose to great heights in England played well for a few games but was never consistant then had a falling out with Benitez, Gonzales was a nobody and still is, Robbie Keane was not wanted by Benitez was bought literally without his knowledge the 18-20million was wasted by on him and Benitez on purpose hardly played him, Pennant has and always was erratic, starting to play abit more consistant but he has never lived up to the hype and finally Morientes without doubt one of my fav players ever i have always enjoyed watching him play and he was "GREAT" at Liverpool, not a bad word will be spoken with him :)
The one you missed is Ryan Babbel heaps of talent but was never given a consistant run of games, played on the wings, striker and anywhere elsethat seemed to be required, i was hoping he would be given 10 straight games of 90minutes in his preferred position but never was, used as a sub for 10minutes here and there never got the confidence BUT you could say that about any team in any sport would have heaps of stories like this...

---------- Post added 14-06-2011 at 05:48 PM ----------

One talented player was bought for next to nothing and when he finally goes, will go for big $$$

the injuries is another flaw that liverpool have. they must train a certain way, because players that have no history of major injuries at other clubs (torres, cisse, mascherano) fall apart at anfield. they push there big players too much. fowler, owen, gerrard all came through the ranks and all have had multiple seasons plagued by injuries. the list is very long.
babel has wasted his time/talent at liverpool. bellamy was another one.
all the excuses for the mentioned players i think tie in with why liverpool kill off talented players. and morientes scored 8 goals in 41 games. under-achievement compared to the rest of his career.
as you may have guessed im pretty anti-liverpool, so i may be a tad bias...

Are rumours of Alexis Sanchez moving to City from Udinese, looks a decent winger in the Adam Johnson mode but quicker. Think United are also tracking him..

Anyone else think the prices for Jones to Utd and Henderson to 'Pool are BIG? These guys are being signed on potential, haven't really done much....

They have brought in a couple of Aussie Doctors/Physio who have taken over the injury/rehab etc so hopefully that is not an issue down the track... Bellamy has an attitude problem attacking your own team mate with a golf club say's it all problem for some players is that they think they're entitled to be picked, then sulk when they are not, he was a classic example...
I gather your anti-Liverpool but thats OK, your entitled to your opinion but why so anti -Liverpool?

the injuries is another flaw that liverpool have. they must train a certain way, because players that have no history of major injuries at other clubs (torres, cisse, mascherano) fall apart at anfield. they push there big players too much. fowler, owen, gerrard all came through the ranks and all have had multiple seasons plagued by injuries. the list is very long.
babel has wasted his time/talent at liverpool. bellamy was another one.
all the excuses for the mentioned players i think tie in with why liverpool kill off talented players. and morientes scored 8 goals in 41 games. under-achievement compared to the rest of his career.
as you may have guessed im pretty anti-liverpool, so i may be a tad bias...

---------- Post added 14-06-2011 at 07:01 PM ----------

Big money, young talent, in 5 years time the $ will look like a bargain especially if they're are playing to their potential...Also new rules coming into effect fair play rules etc...

Are rumours of Alexis Sanchez moving to City from Udinese, looks a decent winger in the Adam Johnson mode but quicker. Think United are also tracking him..

Anyone else think the prices for Jones to Utd and Henderson to 'Pool are BIG? These guys are being signed on potential, haven't really done much....

Not really that much. Both are promising English youngsters and have signed long contracts. When these end they should be near the peak of their careers too :)

Sorry for the random Inter vote, but I accidently clicked it or my internet glitched I have no idea.

On the topic of conversation, I am a passionate Chelsea supporter and I think the Hiddink move is going to be awesome!
Players wise, I want Suarez at Chelsea :)

Cris Kirkland was tipped to be a future England goalkepper, played once and thats it means nothing...

who said that? they must of been smoking something strong ;)

It can go either way really.. when United bought Chicharito before the WC everyone was doubting his ability and look how he has turned out!

Leave Suarez alone, we gave you Torres, if you want him pay double... :)

Sorry for the random Inter vote, but I accidently clicked it or my internet glitched I have no idea.

On the topic of conversation, I am a passionate Chelsea supporter and I think the Hiddink move is going to be awesome!
Players wise, I want Suarez at Chelsea :)

Back
Top Bottom