OCT Rides thread

Mico, are you looking at spending money on it after purchase?
You'd probably be looking at Jap cars in that price range, the awd euros are still a little pricey. I got my S4 for $13k but that's at the lower end of what they are selling for. The 2.7tt v6 with 20psi stuffed into her is a fun ride and nice to cruise home in after the racing stops :D

Yeah but not much, don't want to mess with the motor too much, but the usual suspension/struts, exhaust, ECU, wheels.

Nice!! I love the Euros (got to drive a M3 around AHG track for hours behind Geoff Brabham a few months ago! Even taught me how to drift!!) but can't afford another one for a toy.

So I pulled the Orange wrap off on Christmas day and had here wrapped in a new colour the day before New Years eve.

Hey Nick,

So can you order any colour wrap you want?

With the latest slow down on the cardboard decided to treat myself to a car (slightly your fault with this thread by the way:D!) Its been a long time coming though!

Yeah mate there's many colours and textures available. I've bought all mine from a mob in the States, even with shipping and the $ at a low its been way cheaper than buying here.

What did you buy?

Hey Nick,

So can you order any colour wrap you want?

With the latest slow down on the cardboard decided to treat myself to a car (slightly your fault with this thread by the way:D!) Its been a long time coming though!

Well its not exactly new, but new for me and it will surely have mixed reviews. But I treated myself to an RX8 picked it up 1.5 hours ago and the smile is from ear to ear:D!

So I have been looking at this thread since I joined this site wishing I had a half decent car so I could contribute to this amazing thread. Now never really been a car enthusiast but rather always been an car audio enthusiast, now I know there are a lot of doof doof haters but atleast I can assure you I am in it for myself keeping my sonic bliss to the highways not the traffic lights! But finally I feel my car may join the presence of some of the others on here.
Cant believe it has taken me this long to purchase a decent car... and also cant believe I purchased this car with less than HALF of what I spent on cardboard last year:woot::woot:!!

Though currently it is away in the audio shop and has been for the last week.. which has left me with a bit of time to finally upload a pic.

I love this car:):hearts::)!

IMG_3698.JPG

Nice. What's your audio setup?

Well it was supposed to be my old setup minus one sub which was all alpine type x, but like a kid in a candy shop I could not resist a couple of upgrades whilst I was waiting for the install date to rock around.. so the new system now consists of.
Dynaudio 3 way system up front all run active 7+3+1 inch configuration
Dynaudio 6.5 splits as the rear fill
Type R 15 inch sub (my only original item left)
A couple of alpine pdx amps
Alpine processor to give me full quality control
Sound proofing for the entire car
Custom door panels to house the 3 ways and custom amp rack and sub box to neaten up the boot:D!

Gotta say was really hoping to have it back by now, so this weekend with the crap weather feels like a long slow one!

And the cabin in that thing is small!!! I'm surprised a sub that size hasn't blown the leather off the headrests. far out that would sound awesome. The 3 way's are sweeeeeettttt

So very happy with the install:D! Sounds pretty amazing and the boot came up pretty neat. did have a minor problem with blowing the surround on my type R while testing, so had to upgrade sub at last minute too, but suits the install so still super happy!

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3739.JPG

I've always loved my Commodores. And had a few nice ones too. A mint white VN SS 355 V8 5 speed, was my pride and joy until it was stolen. Also had a VN Calais supercharged 355 5 speed and a neat black VQ V8 Statesman. But got a work ute 12 months ago and sold my last ride as I wasn't using it. After not having a car of my own the bug bit hard a few months ago and I just had to get myself a nice cruiser, and have always loved the VL. So after plenty of searching (Tassie sucks for nice cars at a good price) I found this Group A replica V8. Was over priced to start with but managed to do some great haggling and get it for what I think was a steal. 2 pac paint job and retrimmed interior less than 6 months old. Is at a mates workshop getting a couple of things done right now but snapped these pics just before I left it with him. The plan is to just cruise in it and maybe enter it in a few shows. Let me know what you all think.

Couple of interior shots

Thanks for looking.

Sold the VL to buy something a little newer. Picked up a 2002 Monaro. Here are a couple of picks from a photo shoot I did today. It's going to be in a book called Our Wheels Tasmania with money going to make-a-wish. Have always wanted a Monaro and now I finally have one. Engine is pretty standard with just a few small mods, has pacemakers and full stainless exhaust. But the suspension is where the coin has been spent. Full Pedders eXtreme XA adjustable coilovers, adjustable front and rear heavy duty swaybars with all new bushes through out. Pretty trick bit of gear. Its a 6 speed manual with black leather.

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

Sold the VL to buy something a little newer. Picked up a 2002 Monaro. Here are a couple of picks from a photo shoot I did today. It's going to be in a book called Our Wheels Tasmania with money going to make-a-wish. Have always wanted a Monaro and now I finally have one. Engine is pretty standard with just a few small mods, has pacemakers and full stainless exhaust. But the suspension is where the coin has been spent. Full Pedders eXtreme XA adjustable coilovers, adjustable front and rear heavy duty swaybars with all new bushes through out. Pretty trick bit of gear. Its a 6 speed manual with black leather.

Nice colour. Good to see someone spend money where it matters, on the suspension! All that power means nothing without good suspension!

Back
Top Bottom