NSW State of Origin Team named Tonight.....here's mine

I hope they get smacked.

Seriously, i know it only takes 1 bad game for a player to get the flick (when you play for NSW) but how many games/series does it take for a selector to get the flick???

The whole "Let's put our eggs into the basket that says - we won origin 3 last year when Qld already had the series wrapped up and therefore weren't up to their best" idea is soooo frustrating

Official team....
1.Gidley (c)
2.Hayne
3.Tahu
4.Cooper
5.Morris
6.Lyon
7.Kimmorley
8.Weyman
9.Ennis
10.perry
11.Waterhouse
12.Creagh
13.Watmough

14.Idris
15.lahrs
16.lewis
17.White

Seriously, Lyon must've had some sneaky clause put into his contract that they HAVE to pick him for rep teams, as long as he's felling "up to it"... :rolleyes: What a joke! Couldn't get him in the centers, so they had to shoe-horn him in somewhere... And Gidley at full-back continues to amaze me!!! Let's see, we'll move the Dally M player of the year OUT of his preferred position, to get an old "never-was" into the side, and to make it look smarter, we'll put the "C" next to said "never-was's" name...

Also, I don't understand the heat Idris is getting, he's just about the form center in the game, along with Tahu, and they compliment eachother almost perfectly, with Idris having the attack and Tahu the crunching defense. And Idris's been improving big-time on the defensive side of things, just ask Ben Creagh... :thumbsup:

Aside from that, the general age of the team needs lowering. Thats why QLD has been winning, they keep intergrating new blood. With NSW, they're afraid of losing another series "due to inexperience", but "News Flash, Boys!", with this "experienced" team, we've lost the last hand-full of series! Could the new fellas do much worse??? I would've liked to see Dugan and Carney in there just for starters, how about Kevin Gordon? Hell, if we're gonna lose again, may as well make it an ENTERTAINING loss!

---------- Post added 18-05-2010 at 09:21 AM ----------

I will say it's good to see Brett White in there for a bit of fireworks. But what's Watmough going to do, besides cry about all the penalties he gives up while the opposition runs away and scores? Waterhouse is another 1 I believe is past it. Perry, like White, at least should bring some mongrel to the table, as will Slick Mick Ennis... :D

the selectors are morons too many players playing out of position

Gidley at fullback and captain????

Matt " ooohhh my calf is sore" cooper?????

Jamie " i miss my mummy" Lyon should be a centre not 5/8 (booooo lyon)

Daley's comments as to why they picked lyon at 5/8 were funny....
"he played a couple of games in that position at the beginning of the year and he played well"

Daley and the other idiots should be replaced:D

it is good to see young idris get a shot though

NSW 2nd 17.......

Dugan
Jennings
Joel Monaghan
Morris
Minichiello

Bird / Campese / Mateo / Soward
Wallace / Hornby / Mortimer

Hindmarsh
Gallen
Stewart
Farah
Snowden
King

Beau Scott
Laffranchi
Bailey
Carney

Anyway this aint a bad side either.....

Ross

NSW 2nd 17.......

Dugan
Jennings
Joel Monaghan
Morris
Minichiello

Bird / Campese / Mateo / Soward
Wallace / Hornby / Mortimer

Hindmarsh
Gallen
Stewart
Farah
Snowden
King

Beau Scott
Laffranchi
Bailey
Carney

Anyway this aint a bad side either.....

Ross

No Sutton or Champion in that team...Can tell you dont watch muvh for footy...Champion is the form centre...

No Sutton or Champion in that team...Can tell you dont watch muvh for footy...Champion is the form centre...

Yep your right I omitted two very good players and know doubts plenty more, I'm even all for Dean Young in there somewhere but I resisted. :p

Champion I agree with you could easily slot in the centres instead of Monaghan he's having his best year yet and as a local Souths junior should be discounted on the cap.:thumbsup:

Sutton is also a player I like but his 2010 form has been well........less than impressive......until last weekend, he just needs to get more involved IMO and run the ball more.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just putting an opinion out there.....and bashed out a 2nd team without a lot of thought.....;)

Go the bunnies !!!

Back
Top Bottom