NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's thoughts on the Soliola hit?

Should it have been a send off?

4 weeks?

My thoughts (hard to be objective) are that it was certainly late and high but Slater slipping made the contact much worse. I think a send off or ten in the bin with a couple of weeks suspension would have been fine.

With the uproar about lack of penalty on the night I think he will get 4-6 weeks. Sia is not dirty or a grub, just a hard but but unfortunately he got this one wrong.

With the media witch hunt because it was on Slater plus the referees boss sticking his nose in, he is never going to get a fair trial and I won't be surprised if he gets much more than he deserves.

With the media witch hunt because it was on Slater plus the referees boss sticking his nose in, he is never going to get a fair trial and I won't be surprised if he gets much more than he deserves.

I think they will make an example out of him. You should see the dribble in the Courier Mail up here. I have even seen some call for a life ban FFS

Loving the Goon fans, I win in about 10 games and they are premiership faves LOL
I'm a realist I'm just having a bit of fun but I really can't pick a certainty with so much player carnage and strange form lines.

I understand you bitterness though...in Des we trust!

Oh on a side note it's 4 wins in 10 and peaking at the right time.

Cheers
Ross

Everyone's thoughts on the Soliola hit?

Should it have been a send off?

4 weeks?

My thoughts (hard to be objective) are that it was certainly late and high but Slater slipping made the contact much worse. I think a send off or ten in the bin with a couple of weeks suspension would have been fine.

With the uproar about lack of penalty on the night I think he will get 4-6 weeks. Sia is not dirty or a grub, just a hard but but unfortunately he got this one wrong.
Based on the refs calls this season no not a send-off, however personally i would have sent him for ten and a grade two 3-4 weeks as he did make contact with the head which resulted in the player being unable to continue in the game, if slater hadnt slipped and sia made contact high it would have increased the grading and the amount of weeks, however if he contests it and pleads not guilty I would suspend him for 5 weeks

Sia Soliola has been suspended for 5 matches for a high shot on Billy Slater. Soliola will make his return in Round 26.

Based on the refs calls this season no not a send-off, however personally i would have sent him for ten and a grade two 3-4 weeks as he did make contact with the head which resulted in the player being unable to continue in the game, if slater hadnt slipped and sia made contact high it would have increased the grading and the amount of weeks, however if he contests it and pleads not guilty I would suspend him for 5 weeks
I think he has been made an example of and would have got less if he was in fact sent off during the game probably 2-3 weeks. He was hung in the court of public opinion.

I agree they should use the sin bin more but I believe it is not allowed for foul play it is only for things such as:

Constant Infringements (never used)
Professional foul
Punching
Dissent

I think he has been made an example of and would have got less if he was in fact sent off during the game probably 2-3 weeks. He was hung in the court of public opinion.

I agree they should use the sin bin more but I believe it is not allowed for foul play it is only for things such as:

Constant Infringements (never used)
Professional foul
Punching
Dissent
I've got no issue with the high shot. Slater was slipping. So it wasn't intentionally high. But...it was very, very late. Very late. It probably should have been a send off because they have to factor head contact into it. But if it hit him anywhere else, I'd say sin bin purely because of the lateness.

With that said, Slater is a grub and I like seeing grubs take their medicine.

Not normally a Saturday afternoon Oz Carder, just logged on to check my SuperCoach teams, who are performing like the Dragons as well.

Nice win by Parra last night first game they've really shown that intensity.

Oh and Kenny Edwards is such a nice guy.

Ross
Now I love Parra...always have. I cant wait to see the back of Edwards..the guy is a f@cking joke and liability..he does a few good things and then carries on like a jerk and undoes any good work. Every time he touches the ball its a 50/50 which way its going to go

Oh and Kenny Edwards is such a nice guy.
hahaha
Now I love Parra...always have. I cant wait to see the back of Edwards..the guy is a f@cking joke and liability..he does a few good things and then carries on like a jerk and undoes any good work. Every time he touches the ball its a 50/50 which way its going to go
I feel the same way about Adam Blair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom