NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per standard practise looks like James Roberts is going to get off with his latest incident.

Swept well under the carpet by the Broncos and the nrl integrity unit.

The guy sounds like a Knob of the highest order when on the drink

Couldn't agree more.

Carney, Monaghan, Dugan and Ferguson all fair players and all sacked by Canberra for being recidivist morons on the drink. Why is the same rule not applied to all NRL clubs?

I hate how the NRL puts expectation on clubs to discipline players for 'non-football' issues - it puts clubs in compromising situations and leads to inconsistency. Compare Pearce/Norman - both stupid, but one was legal and in private, the other was illegal and in public!
The NRL sits back and see how it flies with the public before deciding whether to step in.

I think such matters should be handled by an independent panel that can apply common sense, consistency and objectivity to punishments when required (and justify its decisions) - rather than the haphazard knee-jerk system we currently have that is up or down depending how the media and/or government promote or stifle the story. Another example is the handling of Brett Stewart versus that of SKD, for claims they were both declared innocent of.

If it is independently determined that a player should be suspended or sacked, then the club should be rewarded for protecting the game's image - e.g. 2nd tier salary cap relief to cover a suspension, and a mandatory period of de-registration for sacked players so other clubs can't scoop them up (though I realise Easts have benefited from this at times!).

I am hopeful Hunt will work out, But 1 million a year !! i think could strangle us salary cap wise obtaining some big forwards to match other teams as you can can have the best halves in the world but they need Room to operate and current Dragons pack can not achieve that up against such teams as Cowboys,Storm,dogs,Broncos ect.
I hope to be proven wrong.

I hope you will be proven wrong IMO our pack is big and mobile and can pretty much match anyone's. To me their effort was strong last year as it must be demoralising when your halves look like school boys and cant score points. Broncos look light on to me this year hence the K Sims joke.

On the Hunt signing I am hopeful it is the missing piece of the puzzle, 1 million is a lot but IMO is the norm for halves now and in 5 years time if he goes strong will be considered a bargain as halves will be getting 1.5 and more.

The cap will rise considerably over the next few seasons hence why so many players have held off signing recently and that again will justify the Hunt price tag.

Always the optimist.
Ross

Parramatta Eels forward Peni Terepo has been stood down from all official club duties effective immediately after pleading guilty for careless driving and refusing to give a blood alcohol test.

What was he thinking by not telling the club?

Parramatta Eels forward Peni Terepo has been stood down from all official club duties effective immediately after pleading guilty for careless driving and refusing to give a blood alcohol test.

Dick head!!!!

It came out in the media and Bernie gurr was all over it. I'm liking the moves of him since he's over taken the reins of the eels. Seems like a black and white man.

He's certainly the right man to lead the Eels forward in the back office. Talking Sport 2SM was suggesting that there is still some faction in fighting at the Eels he will need to strong to stop the B Sh^t continuing.

I hope you will be proven wrong IMO our pack is big and mobile and can pretty much match anyone's. To me their effort was strong last year as it must be demoralising when your halves look like school boys and cant score points. Broncos look light on to me this year hence the K Sims joke.

On the Hunt signing I am hopeful it is the missing piece of the puzzle, 1 million is a lot but IMO is the norm for halves now and in 5 years time if he goes strong will be considered a bargain as halves will be getting 1.5 and more.

The cap will rise considerably over the next few seasons hence why so many players have held off signing recently and that again will justify the Hunt price tag.

Always the optimist.
Ross

In hindsight in a lot of games in 2016 we could match with certain teams but with other teams with big packs we couldn't match it .
Dragons v dogs in 2016 34-16 comes to mind were kasiano size just killed us.
The 36-0 thumping by the cowboys
26-0 Broncos
26-10 warriors
36-6 manly
But i am hopeful if we can get Mose Masoe on the field and the inclusion of paul Vaughan and no sideways running Benji Marshall we might have a better year in 2017.

It is being reported that Ben Barba has signed with French Rugby side Toulon.

This is interesting as will the NRL register his Cronulla contract and clear his 12 match ban while he's playing Rugby? My initial feelings are no they shouldn't but their ban excludes him from training or being with the Sharks while he serves the ban so maybe it is a way around it.

The Eurpean season doesn't end until May or June depending on finals.

Very interesting to see what will happen

Last edited:

Terepo has been handed a penalty

Suspended from the 9s this weekend, 3 game nrl suspension (also not available for wenty those weeks) and $15k fine from his 2017 contract.

Also needs to complete in educational drink driving courses

Great move by the club in taking action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom