NRL Autograph Cards? Interesting new product......

From what I read, the NRL did not block the release. The massive fee the NRL wants for the image rights has made TCM decide not to release the other 8 teams. The massive fee obviously makes the release uneconomical.
Surely they would have weighed this up before producing any of these cards???? This whole thing is a balls up.......but they have learned from their mistake and will be right for 2016 apparently. I'm sure that everyone will be jumping on board when that's ready for release....

Surely they would have weighed this up before producing any of these cards???? This whole thing is a balls up.......but they have learned from their mistake and will be right for 2016 apparently. I'm sure that everyone will be jumping on board when that's ready for release....

From what I know Jonno, They were a few ghosts (Other Parties) that came out of the closet for money very recently (Even though the cards have been out there for some time)
I'd be guessing, But the NRL did the deal with TCM and got their cut - TCM thought the deal was done.
Still guessing, But I'd say the NRL gave TCM the images without telling them someone else owned the copyright of them and they would have to pay them also....
Putting 2 & 2 together - I could than hazard a guess that TCM got an unexpected bill from the owner of the images and a cease and desist letter (as with most copyrights) - If the petition had got more support they may have weighed it up a little more...

But to keep 20 odd people happy - Why worry...

I do know they do cards elsewhere, And other leagues are different - In the UK, I believe they pay the commission to the league and are granted the images.
As with the NRL - Everyone has their hand out....

Feel a bit sorry for TCM, They've spent 2 years sorting through this with the NRL and (By my guessing) find out the NRL doesn't own the images they've used until just now.....
You could blame them for this oversight on their par?, But lets not forget Select (Who have done NRL cards for a living for many years) "GAVE" the license back to the NRL... Probably for good reason!!

TCM have also got these cards in stock - So they've spent the money to produce them. Good to see the involved parties rather see TCM burn the stock than come to an agreement over the release... Surely, There could be an arrangement based on good will the funds could be re-couped over the next few releases....

Won't be surprised to see TCM left with a sour taste in their mouth, Telling the NRL to shove it and moving on to AFL, Cricket or A League cards....

18 People signed the petition....

18!!

Good to see the collecting community banding together to try and get the cards released.

If there is only 18 people that care enough for them, Why would they release them?

This far in to the off season and after a poorly received release in Elite, the traffic on here doesn't seem as heavy as usual so it might it have been missed by a few people that would be interested.

It's great that you've organised it though. I've signed it and sent it to a few people. Hopefully everyone else does the same.

I ended up also having 13 sets presold and at least 20 more people willing to buy them once they come out. Real shame to have to refund everyone the money. All the chasing up on them with no answer from TCM. Most of the set I had sold were meant to be Christmas presents :(

On another note to have a NRL license compared to AFL is a massive different in price. Why does the NRL have to charge so much for a licence in the first place. If a company makes NRL products and people buy them isn't that promoting the game we all love ? or is it more about filling the NRL's pockets more than giving a company a fair chance at making something of themselves .

I guarantee you they won't M....
They'll be torched on site, Not even a set kept by the manufacturer as a momento!!

9HIzcn4.jpg

I've lost so much interest in collecting nrl cards, after what ESP has done in the last two years, so I don't even look at the NRL boards anymore. That's why I'm late on signing the petition. I ordered a manly set straight from their website, so does anyone know if they are going to send refunds?

they will mate...
Are also sending out extra Sig cards for free - To make up somewhat for the delay...

Are also sending out extra Sig cards for free - To make up somewhat for the delay...
I don't get the bit about sending out extra sig cards for free. Weren't the additional players suppose to be sent out for free anyway?
What are the extra cards doubles so you can have 1 signed and 1 unsigned card?

Wow........... what a cluster ****

60 people now signed.

IMO TCM should honour what they committed to......they are about as well run as the Tigers.

Ross

I don't get the bit about sending out extra sig cards for free. Weren't the additional players suppose to be sent out for free anyway?
What are the extra cards doubles so you can have 1 signed and 1 unsigned card?

Cards were free - postage was not

Still hoping for a miracle and we see them released. Would be so frustrating knowing they were sitting there ready to be sent out and had to be destroyed.

Push the petition Jimmy - get everyone to sign it. Where there's life there's hope. The cards definately still exist....

Two sets of extra cards arrived from TCM today, they did the free post to NZ too which was a bonus.

Their website still didn't allow multiple product codes to be entered, but two emails took care of it.

I wish they'd just refund us already if thats the intent? Instead of spending weeks writing a long winded letter of apology!

I got stuff I could be spending the money on!

TCM = Totally Crap Mechandise. What a crock! I would have signed batboys petition but i havent been on lately. Ah well i will never buy any of there crap again

Back
Top Bottom