NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

T
At least those by Dan are created and signed and done well and with affection for the players and the era.

Getting old Scanlens cards, signing and stickering them is not kosher in my eyes.

PS didn't realise they were called Heroes of Yesterday either. Wasnt trying to take the p! $$

Thanks for the comments

I've heard a whisper that ESP are releasing a Club set for every team with some signature cards in them!!
Also we might have the Marvel set unless the club ones replace them..

If this is true, my prediction is that we wouldn't see Marvel jersey cards this year.

They're not doing Marvel Round this year are they? That gimmick will be in the AFL realm after Marvel takes over Ethihad naming rights too I would think. And if you've noticed in 2018, specific jerseys are being highlighted and worn in the specified round by NRL clubs .

Still...plenty to choose :
Indigenous Rd
Women in League
ANZAC Rd...though I don't think you can merchandise ANZAC.

Then they could branch in to Dynasty - Saints 11 in a row; Souths 1967-71, Fibros and Silvertails; Para 80s; Dogs of War; Green Machine; Broncos 90s; New Frontiers (expansion teams ), etc.

Club sets are great too as long as priced well so folks can get all 16 (which really tells you collectors want better common sets).

Then there is the memorabilia cards etc.

Plenty to do to keep kids and low & high end collectors and dealers happy.

They're not doing Marvel Round this year are they? That gimmick will be in the AFL realm after Marvel takes over Ethihad naming rights too I would think. And if you've noticed in 2018, specific jerseys are being highlighted and worn in the specified round by NRL clubs .

Still...plenty to choose :
Indigenous Rd
Women in League
ANZAC Rd...though I don't think you can merchandise ANZAC.

Then they could branch in to Dynasty - Saints 11 in a row; Souths 1967-71, Fibros and Silvertails; Para 80s; Dogs of War; Green Machine; Broncos 90s; New Frontiers (expansion teams ), etc.

Club sets are great too as long as priced well so folks can get all 16 (which really tells you collectors want better common sets).

Then there is the memorabilia cards etc.

Plenty to do to keep kids and low & high end collectors and dealers happy.
Plus the Kokoda jersey (sharks and Canberra) it’s sharks Anzac jersey

I got around to having a look at the Elite flier recently and am I reading it right about the base sets? 160 card base set but the last card of the team set (No 10, 20, 30 etc) will be inserted as a box card. So what is that like only 281 complete base sets available. The collector has a choice of a 144 card base set that goes from number 9 to number 11 or a 160 card base set with all 16 of the box cards. What is that going to do to the price of a base set........they will be hugely expensive say $80 - $100?

I got around to having a look at the Elite flier recently and am I reading it right about the base sets? 160 card base set but the last card of the team set (No 10, 20, 30 etc) will be inserted as a box card. So what is that like only 281 complete base sets available. The collector has a choice of a 144 card base set that goes from number 9 to number 11 or a 160 card base set with all 16 of the box cards. What is that going to do to the price of a base set........they will be hugely expensive say $80 - $100?
The box cards will probably be 145-160 for consistency (hopefully.) They never go for more than $5 each though but this year could be different

160 card common set with the box card description as a 10th common card. I can't see the sense in having the 16 cards at the end cause the description has it as a common card. I reckon someone in the know should ask...........or we just wait until the checklist is released on release day.

160 card common set with the box card description as a 10th common card. I can't see the sense in having the 16 cards at the end cause the description has it as a common card. I reckon someone in the know should ask...........or we just wait until the checklist is released on release day.
The flyer states the box card and the commons as two different things altogether. "10th common" seems to me that it just implies it's the 10th player and not counting checklists as "real commons".

Maybe the 9 normal commons are the players and the 10th "Box Card" common is the club logo/checklist

I heard it was just a player card. It would be like TLA to do this to encourage the trading part of the hobby not just buy/sell. I mean they are doing something similar with the ruby's aren't they, single ruby in packs.

I heard 1-9, 11-19, 21-29 etc in packs and 10, 20,, 30 etc are numbered as such and as box cards only and a player not the logo /checklist.

On second thought I think there will be 9 players and a checklist per team and the "10th common" will be another player not in the common set, with the common design, but clearly numbered as a box card.

Flyer says Commons (160) and Box Cards (16). I have a feeling they'll be separate.

All I will say is don`t count on it ....

I heard 1-9, 11-19, 21-29 etc in packs and 10, 20,, 30 etc are numbered as such and as box cards only and a player not the logo /checklist.

Exactly what I heard so if that IS the case how expensive will a 160 card base set be. Also if the box cards are numbered 10, 20 and so on how soon will it be that we have someone start to hoard the cards............similar to what happened with the LLB's in Dynasty.

Exactly what I heard so if that IS the case how expensive will a 160 card base set be. Also if the box cards are numbered 10, 20 and so on how soon will it be that we have someone start to hoard the cards............similar to what happened with the LLB's in Dynasty.

Imagine having a case with a "common set" per box and you have 10-12 "Common sets" with 16 cards missing in each.

No thanks. LOL.

Next year, they'll just release team sets of 30 cards at $80 a pop instead.

Back
Top Bottom