NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

I'd still expect to see patch cards in some form, just maybe shy away from the Road to the Finals theme which is creating an issue with teams duplicating over the years where others have missed out completely.
Yep OK that alleviates "the keep missing out concerns" Dragons would have to be first off the rank then in this brave new world. Elite has been a long drought for St George supporters as like others we missed finals every year.

True - I was remiss in snobbing the Maggies.

University were impressive in their brief time in the Comp too - with 10.

Just messing with ya :).

Still, of the 'current' existing clubs, Para are out in front.

I like to remind people that the current existing club with most consecutive premierships are Souths - 5. But don't let St Merge fans know I said that, ha!

So, based on team break pricing I'm seeing, I assume Manly does NOT have a Jersey card this release and the Jersey cards are only from Broncos, Sharks, Cowboys and/or Eels?

So, based on team break pricing I'm seeing, I assume Manly does NOT have a Jersey card this release and the Jersey cards are only from Broncos, Sharks, Cowboys and/or Eels?
Seems like it. That brings us to:

Sharks - 3
Broncos, Storm, Cowboys - 2
Panthers, Roosters, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Eels - 1

Between 2014-2017 Manly, Dragons and Titans all made finals as well but they still managed to double up 5 times.

Last year the Warriors missed out on the mid-tier inserts as well as the high end stuff (bar parallels and sigs). Is there anything beyond 1:6, 1:12 and the captain's card this year? (I don't think there are any Dally M players, nor 300 gamers) I don't count the extra common.

Last edited:
Last year the Warriors missed out on the mid-tier inserts as well as the high end stuff (bar parallels and sigs). Is there anything beyond 1:6, 1:12 and the captain's card this year? I don't count the extra common.
The standard League Sensations/Young Guns and Mojos plus the ball pieces. But the ball pieces aren't a "team specific" insert and the others are available in all teams.

Sharpshooters are 2 each and 1:4, M&A 2 each 1:8, Dally m 1:12 but the make-up of those is unclear.

By the looks of it the packs with numbered hits (excluding sapphire and higher mojos) will also contain a parallel, considering the box makeup.

Seems like it. That brings us to:

Sharks - 3
Broncos, Storm, Cowboys - 2
Panthers, Roosters, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Eels - 1

Between 2014-2017 Manly, Dragons and Titans all made finals as well but they still managed to double up 5 times.
Im going to say it again, sharks have been dudded some poor runs with high end stuff over the past 15 years. It’s been a long while for the sharks to be getting high ends hits. I think it’s fair for sharks to get some good stuff for a change.

Im going to say it again, sharks have been dudded some poor runs with high end stuff over the past 15 years. It’s been a long while for the sharks to be getting high ends hits. I think it’s fair for sharks to get some good stuff for a change.
And so have Souths? And a lot of teams?

None of that really matters because it's a new era, and ESP's thing has always been diversity in high end hits. They've started with a clean state, they're a new company and there isn't really any reason why they should be trying to "make up" for Select's mistakes.

T
At least those by Dan are created and signed and done well and with affection for the players and the era.

Getting old Scanlens cards, signing and stickering them is not kosher in my eyes.

PS didn't realise they were called Heroes of Yesterday either. Wasnt trying to take the p! $$

Thanks for the comments

Back
Top Bottom