Not happy with Replacement.

Ersk

Auto collector
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Al
With all these great stroies about Upper Deck replacements.......I feel pissed with mine.

A few weeks ago I got a replacement for an Jasikevicius Exquisite RC awaiting redemption for 3 years! Yes that is right.......3 years. I contacted thema afew times and they said I could wait and I could get the card......WTF????? they then do not email me saying it will not be redeemed.....there was just a message on my Ud account (not that I cehck it that often).

So email them asking for a few things and reminding them about how ling I have waited etc etc........

So what did I get?

1. Rudy Fernandez Skybox Auto Rookie card.....unnumbered
2. JaVale McGee UD Black Rookie, numbered /30

Now maybe a UD Black Rookie numbered out of 30 doesn't sound too bad. But personally I am not that happy.

They said it is of "equal value", but they did not consider that it was redeemed when the value of the card was double what it is now, and the only reason why the card dropped in value was because of the absolute !@#$ UD work in not redeeming the card, so any redemption was considered worhtless because the card was not being redeemed.

They do not even give me a card I requested.

they do not exchange for an Exquisite.......IMO Exquisite = exquisite. exquisite does not = UD Black, and there is intrinsic value to Exqusite compared with any other of its releases.

Emailed them multiple times.......take them at least 1 week to reply each time.

they said call UD customer service, I email them multiple times saying I am in Australia and they say the same thing.....do they read the emails? Then I call them.....on hold for over 10 minutes.....WTF?

Emailed them again......finally weeks on, they say send them the details and they will start up a dispute.........have they not read the email? the details was in the original email I sent them. Could they not just do it at the beginning? Save a month of time wasting?

Will they do anything? Who knows.

And to make things worse, I have about 10-15 other cards with the "athlete commited to signing" whatever that means.......Have a McCants Exquisite Rookie also 3 years waiting for redemption.

And also have another that was supposed to be repalced. Also Exquisite - Don Slick Watts auto. Been waiting over 1 month now (since when they said it was shipped) and not arrived.

Did they combine both the cards exchanged for those 2 crap cards? I surely hope not. that would definitely not be of equal value.

How do some people get such luck with exchanges?

They should be able to see from my account with them I have redeemed many many cards from them, all high end. You would think they would not treat their customers so badly.

End rant.....I'll be waiting to see what they come up with for me.

ersk

Thats a pretty disgraceful effort as you said atleast an Exquisite for Exquisite or your PC players.

Is the Rudy the Emerald? If so i believe these are SP'd to 10 aswell as the PMG greens ;)

game of bobbing for apples with them when replacing cards

cathaytraders on HK replacement story was also another example of the terrible crap UD dishes people

guess there is that saying some people fall in **** (redeem ****) and end up smelling like roses (get fantastic replacements)

With all these great stroies about Upper Deck replacements.......I feel pissed with mine.

A few weeks ago I got a replacement for an Jasikevicius Exquisite RC awaiting redemption for 3 years! Yes that is right.......3 years. I contacted thema afew times and they said I could wait and I could get the card......WTF????? they then do not email me saying it will not be redeemed.....there was just a message on my Ud account (not that I cehck it that often).

So email them asking for a few things and reminding them about how ling I have waited etc etc........

So what did I get?

1. Rudy Fernandez Skybox Auto Rookie card.....unnumbered
2. JaVale McGee UD Black Rookie, numbered /30

Now maybe a UD Black Rookie numbered out of 30 doesn't sound too bad. But personally I am not that happy.

They said it is of "equal value", but they did not consider that it was redeemed when the value of the card was double what it is now, and the only reason why the card dropped in value was because of the absolute !@#$ UD work in not redeeming the card, so any redemption was considered worhtless because the card was not being redeemed.

They do not even give me a card I requested.

they do not exchange for an Exquisite.......IMO Exquisite = exquisite. exquisite does not = UD Black, and there is intrinsic value to Exqusite compared with any other of its releases.

Emailed them multiple times.......take them at least 1 week to reply each time.

they said call UD customer service, I email them multiple times saying I am in Australia and they say the same thing.....do they read the emails? Then I call them.....on hold for over 10 minutes.....WTF?

Emailed them again......finally weeks on, they say send them the details and they will start up a dispute.........have they not read the email? the details was in the original email I sent them. Could they not just do it at the beginning? Save a month of time wasting?

Will they do anything? Who knows.

And to make things worse, I have about 10-15 other cards with the "athlete commited to signing" whatever that means.......Have a McCants Exquisite Rookie also 3 years waiting for redemption.

And also have another that was supposed to be repalced. Also Exquisite - Don Slick Watts auto. Been waiting over 1 month now (since when they said it was shipped) and not arrived.

Did they combine both the cards exchanged for those 2 crap cards? I surely hope not. that would definitely not be of equal value.

How do some people get such luck with exchanges?

They should be able to see from my account with them I have redeemed many many cards from them, all high end. You would think they would not treat their customers so badly.

End rant.....I'll be waiting to see what they come up with for me.

ersk

Mate im in the same boat with the McCants Exquisite!!!Ive asked for some 08 09 Ultimate RC'S that i need see what i get from them!!!

sorry to hear man :(

i have heard many horror stories like this and count myself very fortunate to have had a few good replacements

i wonder if it has anything to do with who you talk to or whether it's completely random

you raise a good point, which i will apologise for taking out of context, but maybe most of the time they are just doing it based on current "market value". for a super collector like yourself it may not mean much... having said this i have seen a few redemptions worth say $1k replaced with something of significantly less value say $200

Hey Ersk,

Don't feel so bad. Here is what I got for 3 Jasikevicius Exquisites and 1 McCants Exquisite:
- 1 Jerryd Bayless Limited Logos
- 1 Farmer Noble Nameplates
- 1 Baron Davis Exquisite Patches
- 1 Premier Trios Stuckey/Samb/Afflalo

For $200us worth of redemptions purchased. Exchanged and received: 22/4/10
UpperDeck.jpg

Like I always say, none of this crap will be happening because sets should never have redemptions anyway in my opinion. If you don't have something, don't sell it. It's like me trading people a card that I see on ebay but I haven't won yet.

I am sure they have some fine print saying they can replace a redemption with something of equal value (in their opinion). But I am sure if someone really wants to, you can sue these card companies for false advertising because they never delivered something that they have released in the official checklist.

Damn....thats pretty average.:rolleyes:
I just got a replacement yesterday as well.

pulled a anthony randolph signature thread rookie auto/599
and replaced with a
ud premier noteworthy auto of david thompson/73

Prefered to have mr randolph but i can live with the replacement.

Im crossing my fingers on the $$$ exquisite that should be replaced shortly

I'm right with you Ersk. I had a DWill / Parker dual Exquisite auto redemption in the pipeline for over a year, finally got tired of the "waiting for player to sign" rubbish, since both players had numerous auto products in the interim time. I told UD I collect DWill, I mentioned Exquisite should equal Exquisite, and I gave them a list of reasonable player replacements...and what do I get?

A Tony Parker/Bruce Bowen UD Black dual auto patch card. So, given the massive number of DWill autos I was expecting it was TP who didn't sign the original redemption, so just to **** me right up the wall, UD send me a TP auto...useless *****s.

This has been typical of upper deck since 2007 - they just don't seem to care. Yet people praise the company and badmouth panini who have (to my experience and others at beckett) an excellent reputation for replacing missing cards from boxes and redeeming cards. Makes you wonder why people praise UD so much when this crap happens.

This has been typical of upper deck since 2007 - they just don't seem to care. Yet people praise the company and badmouth panini who have (to my experience and others at beckett) an excellent reputation for replacing missing cards from boxes and redeeming cards. Makes you wonder why people praise UD so much when this crap happens.

Don't get me worng, I love their product and some of their designs, but yes, their customer service can sometimes be a little behind th 8 ball.

not good ersk, them replacements dont sound good at all. slap some pics up if u get a chance mate. if u want to know wether them cards were replacements ONE card or more, just look on the front of the package UpperDeck sent u the cards in. You still got it yeh?? On the front theres your "address label". on top of that white label they have the CODE for which the card is meant to be/exchanged for. check this number and compare it with one of the redemptions you have in ur "My UpperDeck" login page, and it'll match up with one of the cards then that way you'll know exatly what them two cards were meant to be replacing.

sometimes aswell upperdeck can take ages to reply, and/or when they do reply they tell ya what u already know. so it feels like your just goin in circles sometimes mate i know :lol::D, but be persistent with it and hopefully upperdeck will see ur case to be highpriority and they'll get onto it sooner or later i guess. and i agree with ya on the "Exquisite for Exquisite" replacement. instead of "exquisite for UD Black". yeh UD Black is a sweet and highend product too, but hey thats why they have UD Exquisite and they have UD Black. two different products, even thoguh their box prices are similar to Exquisite. all the best ersk, hope u get something fixed up, and kudos for having 3years of patience to wait for the redemptions/exchanges, U are a very very patient man, props :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::wave:.

Damn....thats pretty average.:rolleyes:
I just got a replacement yesterday as well.

pulled a anthony randolph signature thread rookie auto/599
and replaced with a
ud premier noteworthy auto of david thompson/73

Prefered to have mr randolph but i can live with the replacement.

Im crossing my fingers on the $$$ exquisite that should be replaced shortly

Goodluck with that Steve!

Ersk - Sorry to read of your sh*t replacement mate :(

Back
Top Bottom