No Credit Card payment accepted!

Hennessy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hendra Barnes
Hi guys,

I've got my eyes on this great auction from a U.S. seller but he can't/won't accept credit card payment. In other words, only PayPal Bank Account transfer or PayPal Balance transfer are allowed, besides the obvious Money Order.

Now as most of us know, BidPay has seized operation. BidPay was my back-up payment method, to be used in situation like this.

I was just wondering if someone can give me a tip on how to make a PayPal payment out of the two options given, if possible. I think using PayPal Bank Account transfer is out of the question because we cannot use this feature as of yet. It's kind of odd though, considering, when I make PayPal payments, there are coming from my savings account, rather than my credit card.

Since I haven't been in this situation before, I thought this might work. Can anyone PayPal me the required money so it will go to my PayPal Balance (because I do not have a business PayPal account) rather than to the credit card?

Let me know guys... I've only got 14 hours left before the auction is done.

Thanks!

as far as I know the paypal bank account features up and working...like you said, your transactions lately have been coming off your bank savings, once you got it, it made it the primary account for funds...I dont like the feature, i like using my CC)

its actually against ebay rules to state you accept paypal, but not via credit card...so either way

Trey said:
as far as I know the paypal bank account features up and working...like you said, your transactions lately have been coming off your bank savings, once you got it, it made it the primary account for funds...I dont like the feature, i like using my CC)

its actually against ebay rules to state you accept paypal, but not via credit card...so either way

Oh okay, I didn't know it was illegal to state that on your auction.

Here is his response in regards to my question of not accepting credit card payment.

Thank you for your interest. I am sorry but if I accept a Pay Pal Credit/Debit Card payment Pay Pal will make me be a buisness account and then they charge me every time I use them so I cannot do this. You can use the Pay Pal Bank Account or Pay Pal Balance Transfer Buttons at Pay Pal.

You can transfer funds from your account to paypal now. So just do that. Too easy. But Trey is right if he accepts paypal he has to take your CC payment with eBays new rules. They set them and own paypal too.

Yes I can confirm you can transfer funds to your Paypal account from a bank account you link to it. The problem is, in the future, it will always try to fund payments with your bank account. Apart from that it is quite safe, as you still have the safety of Paypal Protection.

It is not illegal to list auctions by saying you will not accept payment by Credit/Debit card when you accept Paypal. It is nopt acceptable if you do state you accept Paypal, but don't state you will not accept CC/DC on the auction page then after the auction disallow it.

They just have to state their conditions for accepting payments.

I would recommend funding your account with a bank account, pay for the auction, then remove the bank account. The other option is paying by Western Union Money Order (from Australia Post) and posting it to them.

Ersk

Just read what you wrote Chadjaja.....that is new to me too. Don't want to lead anyone up the wrong path. When did that happen?

Ersk

closer to a year at least? I remember looking into it when i started selling to worldwide...and put no credit cards in my auctions, then read up on it...

Back
Top Bottom