Nintendo WiiU (Release Date, Price and New Games Announced)

Cobretti

Fleer Collector
Real Name
Dominik
I'll keep it simple for now, so who is getting one?

I think i'll get one because you can output your game play to the screen. Bit of extra gaming in bed when sick haha.

hero.jpg

Release date: 30/11/2012

Wii U Basic Pack AU $349.95 SRP

Basic Pack contains:
  • White Wii U console (8Gb of internel memory)
  • White Wii U GamePad
  • HDMI cable
  • AC adapter
https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-153813-Wii-U-White-Basic-Pack-Wii-U

Wii U Premium Pack AU $429.95 SRP
Premium Pack contains:
  • Black Wii U console (32Gb of internel memory)
  • Black Wii U GamePad
  • Stand for Wii U console & GamePad
  • Sensor bar
  • Charging cradle for the GamePad
  • Nintendo Land software
  • HDMI cable
  • AC adapter
  • Nintendo Network Premium reward programme - 10% discount on Nintendo eShop prices
https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-154428-Wii-U-Black-Premium-Pack-Wii-U

WiiU GamePad
ZombieU​
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition

LEGO City: Undercover

New Super Mario Bros:

Confirmed Launch Games

Nintendo and other publishers haven't been real clear with which announced games will be available at launch. This short list below is of the games confirmed for launch.
Announced Retail Games

Announced Digital (eShop) Games

I'll get one cos it's a Nintendo, maybe a new Mario game in the mix?

What's your verdict on this?

I'll get one cos it's a Nintendo, maybe a new Mario game in the mix?

What's your verdict on this?

There is a 2D platformer mario coming (videos added to opening post), to cater for the Japanese market. Hopefully a 3D one will be announced.

The 3DS also has an impressive line up coming. Not to mention new model 3DS XL, which apparently fixes the sweet spot for the 3D effect as the screen is bigger.

if anyone wants a one of the original nintendo wii's i have one here collecting dust id happily sell. havent turned it on in over a year. so i probably wont be going anywhere near this wiiU. ill wait for my ps4.

if anyone wants a one of the original nintendo wii's i have one here collecting dust id happily sell. havent turned it on in over a year. so i probably wont be going anywhere near this wiiU. ill wait for my ps4.

PS4 is at least 2 years away.

Wii U is going to offer asymmetric gaming. If it gets good support it will be fantastic. or it will end up like the Wii later on.

next gen looks like it will be a Microsoft gen as they hve deep pockets and can take a hit. Sony isn't in good shape to take a hit.

It should probably be noted that the Wii U's launch window will be longer than usual, so while games may be stated for first wave release, they may not hit the shelves for up to four months..It's a good thing though, as hopefully it helps prevent the console from burning out like the Wii.
I'm a big gamer, but apart from Mario galaxy, SSB and the Zelda series, I can't enjoy Nintendo Wii at all. So much 3rd party crap, i dislike the motion controls and it's too heavily focused on casual gaming.. Hopefully the Wii U can reintroduce Nintendo's ability to make games for true gamers.

It should probably be noted that the Wii U's launch window will be longer than usual, so while games may be stated for first wave release, they may not hit the shelves for up to four months..It's a good thing though, as hopefully it helps prevent the console from burning out like the Wii.
I'm a big gamer, but apart from Mario galaxy, SSB and the Zelda series, I can't enjoy Nintendo Wii at all. So much 3rd party crap, i dislike the motion controls and it's too heavily focused on casual gaming.. Hopefully the Wii U can reintroduce Nintendo's ability to make games for true gamers.

blame that on third party though. they were arrogant and thought wii would flop day 1. so they never committed to it. instead they flooded it with crap to keep them afloat when the hd games where loosing them money due to increase in dev costs.

Wii's best games where probably ports like RE4, godfather and okami. motion controls worked very well in these,

COD games, metroid prime 3, red steel 2, conduit and sports games also had great motion controls. Problem with COD was that visually they didn't really try as gamecube games looked better and by the time they were released, everyone already owned them on the hd consoles. I actually preferred the motion controls over dual analog in COD as you can rest your arms on your legs whilst sitting, but the game itself was no modern COD lol.

I haven't played all those games, so I can't make any real comment.. but Okami was fantastic.
I think Nintendo should just refocus on their major franchises more, as those games are enjoyed by everyone.
I really don't think they will ever be able to compete with Sony or Microsoft in games like online shooters, as their community isn't large enough and they changed their target audience to pensioners and family.

I like what they've done with the 3DS thus far, as there isn't too much crap and 1 in every 2 or 3 games has been a hit - they seem to be screening what games are released and not just providing licenses to whoever applies. I understand there will always be bad games, I just really hope they prevent it from turning into the Wii where I'd say 1 in 40 games are good.
Still some big games to come as well - Kingdom hearts - Smash Bros. - Luigi's Mansion 2. It's looking positive.

That's why I don't like how they've taken on board the name of the Wii again, I think they should just rebrand completely, as although a lot of people bought the wii, it hardly gets used by anyone. People will see it as a waste of money in my opinion, as many non-gamers who purchased the console will just see it as an upgrade to the console they already have.
I'll still be getting one, but I don't have high expectations or nearly as much excitement as I used to for Nintendo console releases.
Already in the line up I see some games I'll love - Pikmin, SSB.. but it's disappointing they aren't sticking more to their exclusives and there is no Kirby or anything.. + I'm not looking forward to anything with 'Wii U' in the title and I'll be opting for a 360 or PS3 purchase of a game if it's released on multiple platforms.

Can you tell my hope in Nintendo has diminished apart from their exclusives :p

I haven't played all those games, so I can't make any real comment.. but Okami was fantastic.
I think Nintendo should just refocus on their major franchises more, as those games are enjoyed by everyone.
I really don't think they will ever be able to compete with Sony or Microsoft in games like online shooters, as their community isn't large enough and they changed their target audience to pensioners and family.

I like what they've done with the 3DS thus far, as there isn't too much crap and 1 in every 2 or 3 games has been a hit - they seem to be screening what games are released and not just providing licenses to whoever applies. I understand there will always be bad games, I just really hope they prevent it from turning into the Wii where I'd say 1 in 40 games are good.
Still some big games to come as well - Kingdom hearts - Smash Bros. - Luigi's Mansion 2. It's looking positive.

That's why I don't like how they've taken on board the name of the Wii again, I think they should just rebrand completely, as although a lot of people bought the wii, it hardly gets used by anyone. People will see it as a waste of money in my opinion, as many non-gamers who purchased the console will just see it as an upgrade to the console they already have.
I'll still be getting one, but I don't have high expectations or nearly as much excitement as I used to for Nintendo console releases.
Already in the line up I see some games I'll love - Pikmin, SSB.. but it's disappointing they aren't sticking more to their exclusives and there is no Kirby or anything.. + I'm not looking forward to anything with 'Wii U' in the title and I'll be opting for a 360 or PS3 purchase of a game if it's released on multiple platforms.

Can you tell my hope in Nintendo has diminished apart from their exclusives :p

Thing with the Wii was, Nintendo tried to let 3rd parties onto the system as they lost all the support. Sadly 3rd parties shit all over the Wii.

Third parties use to complain Nintendo have too strick of a acceptance criteria (back in the snes and n64 days) and also that they release too many good games so ours cannot compete. Hence why you saw these HUGE gaps between Nintendo releases on the Wii. They basically said here is your window, but no big hit ever come from 3rd parties.

I too agree with you. hopefully WiiU they will focus on their games to ensure there is a steady supply for the system. If third party want to release a great game they can negotiate a window for them and perhaps delay a major Nintendo game by 2-3months, but only if there is a guranteed AAA title from 3rd parties.

Well juust found a new video of ZombieU.

This looks like an interesting concept. Apparently when you die you respawn as another human who has survived the zombie apocalypse. Your original human who was killed becomes a zombie, and if you want to recover the gear you collected, you must hunt them down haha. Also dynamic story and zombies. So when you return to the same area, the enemies are in total different places.

Anyway, I will let the video do the talking.

Updated OP with prices and launch date.

Announced games:
- Monster Hunter 3G
- Bayonetta 2 (Exlusive)
- COD Black Ops 2

New videos:

NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge Trailer

LEGO City: Undercover

Bayonetta 2 Trailer for Wii U (EXCLUSIVE TO WIIU ONLY)

Raymond Legends

Darksiders II: Death Lives

Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense

The Wonderful 101

looks cool. never had any interest in the wii but this looks amazing and the games look really good. the price isnt all that bad either and cant wait to see what other games they come out with.

got MINE preordered and paid for , for the KIDS :) Picking it up on NOV launch date, but gotta keep it as a chrissy present for kids... gunna be itching to crack open and try it out!

Back
Top Bottom