Nintendo WiiU (Release Date, Price and New Games Announced)

knew i shouldnt have pre ordered from EB Games, they always seem to be more xpensive!
Glad i didnt Preorder any games as they all seem to be cheaper also!

knew i shouldnt have pre ordered from EB Games, they always seem to be more xpensive!
Glad i didnt Preorder any games as they all seem to be cheaper also!

Haha i preorded at EB because there is no K-mart near me as I live in the CBD. Who knows, hopefully they will drop the price.

I am also a little dissapointed not all the games are launching that launched in America.

Madden and FIFA (the game pad controls for both looked interesting) and Ninja Gaiden for the violence all looked good.

At the start of the week I wasn't even thinking about buying one, damn that New Super Mario Brothers!

picked mine up yesterday from EB games. Got the Black console for $378. So i got my 50 bucks back! Now residing under the chrissy tree for the kids :)

picked mine up yesterday from EB games. Got the Black console for $378. So i got my 50 bucks back! Now residing under the chrissy tree for the kids :)

Nice that they pirce matched.

I would suggest you open it, and update the system as there are two updates. One for new features and the second for stability.

The only reason I say that is because if MANY kids at Christmas get the system and have to update, the updates will take forever. Also you can setup upto 12 profiles on the system so don't worry about your kids not being able to setup once you logged in.

yeh i have read about the 2 massive updates, pain in the arse!! I will just not hook it up to the net b4 they play it in the morning, and update it when we go out!

The update didnt take too long, (about an hour at most) just done it while we ate dinner.

I just cancelled the original request to update and played the system b4 doing the full update.
Interestingly, before the update, i could barely move 5 metres with the gamepad before it lost connection.
After the update i can go outside and it still works!!
Also found out you currently cant use two gamepads as controllers, you can only use one plus the wii Remotes.

Probably a sign that they aren't selling well but I picked up a new basic system for $174 :)

Back
Top Bottom