New Member intro - nbagames

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbagames

Jordan fanatic
Real Name
Adam
Hey there,

My name is Adam, I live in Central Victoria.

In relation to trading, my obsession is collecting NBA games on VHS / DVD - more specifically, Michael Jordan-related games. I have about 16 boxes of VHS tapes in my shed that I collected during the 1990's (mainly) when Jordan was playing in the NBA. Not all of the tapes are Jordan, but 75% would have something to do with him.

I'm proud to say I first started following the Chicago Bulls just after draft-day 1987 - unlike so many people out there (not on this forum, but fans in general), I followed Chicago before the NBA mass-marketing campaigns came along, etc.

Only recently, I have begun the slow task of transferring games from VHS to DVD, using my VHS to DVD Recorder unit. It will take a long time, but it's a process I love all the same.

My eBay user ID is: adlise - we have had excellent feedback to date, 100% with no negatives.

Anyhow, I think that covers most information that's relevant to this site, so thanks to BillyHoyle from the Kickz101 forum for letting me know about this site - there appears to be some like-minded collectors who I look forward to dealing with as I increase (hopefully) my collection on DVD.

Feel free to ask me any questions about trading / collecting, or the NBA in general - my specialty is the Jordan era however.

Welcome mate!

That sounds like a very comprehensive collection of games you have.

I'm sure you'll find others here that you can acquire more games off too.

BTW, how is the quality after you transfer onto DVD anyway?

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, it is a good size collection; some of them are quite rare in terms of them never being shown here in Australia.

Well, in terms of transferring to DVD, the quality is exactly the same as it was when on VHS - except, it is digitally encoded to DVD-R which is much more long-term and safe, compared to VHS tapes. I hope that is what you mean?

Thanks again...

Welcome, good see a long term and loyal collector/supporter joins the throngs of them here. Well sort of ;-)

I'm sure you will be able to advance your collection somehow and make someones day with a particular game yourself.

Enjoy. :)

Thanks a lot - yeah, I am really keen to advance my collection into freak-boy status. Nothing beats having a couple of hundred Jordan games on DVD for no apparent reason, but loving the fact that I do...or will, should I say.

welcome to the forum
wow that is some VHS collection you must have, im sure people here can help ya out with some more for the collection
enjoy! :)

Here's a picture of some of the boxes I have in storage, all containing NBA-related stuff (Games, NBA Action, Inside Stuff, Specials, etc)...

Sad, isn't it? I'm surely not the only one? Or, am I? :D

Tapes.JPG

hey, i have a heap of nba games on video from when ABC telecasted them on tv. a lot of pistons badboys playoff games in there, and most of the playoffs from those years. i dont know if u have these, lmk
[email protected]

Hey there,

Sounds interesting, but I am really only after Jordan games only. I know the Pistons and Bulls played each other often in those Playoffs years, so if you have a complete list of what you have and the quality of the picture, etc - I'd be interested to see it.

What sort of deal can you do with these? Or, do you trade?

Thanks.

i have a few of the bulls v pistons games, i guess u got all the bulls v lakers from jordans 1st championship as well.
the quality last i saw was very good, straight off the tv. no ads, seeing as its ABC.
i no longer collect, so i guess im only selling. seeing as i dont even watch them anymore, i guess u can have them for teh cost of the tape.
what yr does ur tapes start from so i can get an idea of what u need

I've got a lot of transferring to do, myself, so I empathise with you. All those games from the 90s... no wonder I keep putting them off!

Welcome mate. I'm relatively new here as well.

hi there mate, just joined up to the ozcard trader site just tonight and am looking to trade nba dvds/videos with people and i noticed that you are very into collecting as i am so please send me your email list and i will email you my list of nba games and can you please email me your list to [email protected] thanks from Chris.

Please only trade and mention licensed games on DVD and video. Any posting about pirated/burnt games will be deleted by Mods.

hey, i have a heap of nba games on video from when ABC telecasted them on tv. a lot of pistons badboys playoff games in there, and most of the playoffs from those years. i dont know if u have these, lmk
[email protected]

hi there, i too collect nba games and am looking for people to trade with, i have emailed you as i dont know how to work everything on this site yet.
hopefully you can send me your list of nba games to my email and also give me your email address so i can email you my list of nba games.
hope to hear from you soon.
thanks from CHRIS.

G'Day there mate,Welcome to the forum.
Hope you enjoy it here.I am sure you will add to your collection .

welcome aboard mate, hope u can build on your mj collection from here, i have 5 or 6 old mj vids (originals) but u prob got those anyway cya around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom