tak35bne

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
tack35
COMC User
tak35bne
You may have read that I bought those Holden Master Edition cards that I ended up with playing cards........well to complicate things further the tin holding the cards arrived damaged. His description stated brand new etc etc, and they arrived with a big dent, contacted the seller about this, no reply so opened a dispute with PAYPAL and got a very quick reply indicating the seller would refund.

Email today told me that as he had insurance on the item I was to take it to AUSPOST and lodge a claim for the full amount item + postage and deal with all the rigmarole of aussie post when I believe I should just be able to send it back to him, he refunds me and he deals with aussie post.....................????

thoughts?

Check with Australia Post. I am sure they actually have a requirement about which one of you deals with them (and I think it's the sender).

Well thanks for your comments, researched a bit further and downloaded the AUSPOST General Post Guide and at Section G6.2 on page 62 of the guide it states who may claim compensation or extra cover, for loss it is the sender who may claim and for damage only the addressee may claim.

So I will have to make the claim against Australia Post.................this does not absolve the sender, he charged $21.75 postage from Highpoint in Melbourne when in fact he only spent $5.80 + Registered Post fees.

Ahh well there you go. Loss = sender. Damage = receiver. Must have been the loss scenario I was thinking of.

Really I would just go through with the PayPal claim - it's his responsibility to get it to you undamaged, and with that sort of postage cost he could have almost hand delivered it!

Back
Top Bottom