NBA wannabes!

Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Hey guys thought this thread would be a bit of fun.

The premise is, for all the people that still play basketball on a weekly basis, they can put up their stats for the week, even if you had a bad game! :)

I'll start

Jason - #4
Point Guard

Simcraft Senators Vs Armadillo's
Win
43-34

14pts
3blks
3stls

That's all I could remember, assists and rebounds to boot!

ok
me= cath #13 ( i think) someone elses shirt
position= guard/forward bit of everything
game= miracles v FBI home lones
final score= not sure ,we won

was filling in for a team that didnt have enough players
so i really didnt shoot much, Didnt want to piss the other team off as i play for another team in the same division was only playing to stop a forfeit.
anyway

5pts (lay-up and 1 3pointer)
about 13 assists, 5 or so rebounds
think that was about it
:)

Wednesday
Marty #6 PG/SG
won 59-27
scored 17 first half points (including 4-4 threes + an and 1), all in the first 7 minutes, finished with 21 as the game turned into a blowout and I wasnt very interested.

Thursday
Marty #21 PG
won 45-22
scored 23. We were down 10-2 early, then 16-13 at the half, I couldnt buy a call until late in the half, which helped us get closer, had 6 at halftime, then exploded, our D stepped up big time, and I started burying the 3 ball.
Had a bunch of steals off deflections and rebounds in the trash lane. Got a nice gash across my forehead, and the guy complained to the refs that he didnt touch me...yeah right!

Here's something different. Started playing mixed netball last night.

Manboobs (us) v ?
25-14
Jason - GS

12 goals
12 assists
3 alley-oops
3 reverse layups

God this game is fun, especially when you use your basketball skills and leave be bemused with what you just did! :shock: :lol:

heheh
i can relate to that i played indoor netball for about 5 years( even though i hate the sport) iused to play GA and would just shoot from anywhere in the half circle or shoot fall aways, or throw behind the back passes, the other netball chicks didnt like it much, ahahahahhahahahahha :twisted:

Ok my turn
Saturday 2 weeks ago
Haven't played in a team for two years.
Friend asked me to play at last minute as someone didn't show up.
Won
72 - 58
My stats
29 pts
3's = 5/7
2's = 7/11
Reb's = 7
Ass't = 6
Blk's = 2
Turnovers = 2
Fouls = 4

Not bad for an old bloke like me.

I HATE Mixed Netball umpires!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

They could always tell the basketballers out there, and they'd (& myself) would always get called for stepping and contact/obstruction on loose balls. In basketball, you can chase down a loose ball, and if you're 1st there, it is your possesion. However, and still still confuses me, you may be the 1st person to the loose ball in Netball, but you are in the wrong!?!

Absolutely hated it.

Experienced that the other night clarkey, got a loose ball in my hands and got bumped by the other guy and I was called for contact! :twisted:

I was fuming!

Played Bball last night, had a loss by four points

14 pts
6 assists
3 steals
4/6 3pt

back to the drawing board! :cry:

Rukas said:
My stats
29 pts
3's = 5/7
2's = 7/11
Reb's = 7
Ass't = 6
Blk's = 2
Turnovers = 2
Fouls = 4

Do u keep a record log of all that????

I actually played last night, first game back in 6 months since I hung my boots up.

Paying for it today a little, but ya get that.

We only played with 4 (I was filling in for a team of mates, and the one who got me to fill in didnt turn up!!)

We lost by 1, but ya get that too. Not sure about my stats, was probably about 11-12 points, didnt take many, it was just scraps off the glass and some post work.

I was fucked thru the game, just couldnt cart my gut up and down the court like I used to be able to... :p

One guy gets ALL the stats???? Usually a team needs a panel of guys to get all the stats clearly. Talking thru experiance here.

Mate its just not possible to get all that with one person accurately. Thats all.

Back in the day we had a guy each doing our stats and would get video of our games with the breakdowns. I knew then my stats were accurate.

Oh well, all I can go on is what he gave me.

I guess if he made any mistakes we'll never know.

We used to have a guy, he prob used to score 30 pts a game, very rarely missed and then he got an injury, so he started doing stats and he put each weeks up on a web site! Only lasted a couple of weeks but it was pretty cool coz you could see who had the best shooting %'s and stuff like that.

I played in a private league www.sbl.com.au they keep stats (though poorly) the ended up taking the stats my mate kept, his were accurate, he's a freak, he even did little shot charts...he learnt how to do it going through the rep system he's a gun player too...

Only 1 game last week, had a bye on Thursday...

Sparnics vs Trouble
W - 45-39
Some young enthusiastic kids, gave us a good run for our money, we were a little out of sync, with our Big man sick, and our PF DNP.
I scored 16, had a few boards, hit a few threes, controlled the tempo, got away with a nice hack on a guy in the clutch, no call :)

just couldnt cart my gut up and down the court like I used to be able to...

Hehehehe .....

Beer tends to do that to guys.

I used to be able to run the floor too, until too much beer on the weekends made this very difficult (plus being a food-lover doesn't help either!!!!!!)
:partyman:
:drinkers:

clarkescards said:
Hehehehe .....

Beer tends to do that to guys.

I used to be able to run the floor too, until too much beer on the weekends made this very difficult (plus being a food-lover doesn't help either!!!!!!)
:partyman:
:drinkers:

I dont think I can argue too much with this at all, sounds very like me.... :smt046

Had another bye, this time for wednesday!

Thursday our first loss, 49-39
Game started weird, one of our guys dislocated his finger in a real nasty way, so we went from have a 6'6 guy, to everyone around the 6' mark, which didnt help, plus my thursday team has some pretty sheeet over 40's in it, and we didnt have a sub...

To make matters worse, the opposition has one of my wednesday team mates, PLUS I was the year below the rest of them at school, and they know I can ball...so of course, I get pressed full court then tripled all game :(

Despite all this I still had 10 at half time, and we were up 2. 19-17. 2nd half started and fatigue and hung overness kicked in from watching the soccer, staying out all night, then going to work! I tossed up an air ball first shot in the 2nd, but then splashed 3 more in a row, so we got up by 9....then the wheels fell off and we couldnt get stops or score.
So I ended with 19, had my usual few boards, and when I got tripled I found the open man for assists...not my greatest game, but Im getting back into the swing of the season, but these byes dont help!

Back
Top Bottom