NBA ON 10 HD*** on a BUDGET ***

A1CardsandGaming

@ A1, we love collecting as much as you do !
Real Name
Terry
eBay User
www.A1CardsandGaming.com
Well i was weighing up wether to get "another" TV so i could get some of the NBA action on 10 High def... You know, Flat screen Plasma or LCD ! $1000+ for anything decent

Was told by quite a few peeps I couldnt just get a HD set top box and run it on my old 80 cm TEAC :lol: that you need a new TV to get the right signal....

Bugger em all i decided !!!

Headed to Big W, Grabed the best SET TOP BOX my $150 would get me and would you believe it !

NBA on HIGH DEF on my old pig of a TV.... next move is onto the PROJECTOR for some real viewing pleasure :D

PS, I noticed that hardly any choice of SET TOP BOXES out there !!! Prob due to all the NEW TV'S that have built in HD tuners already :rolleyes: So cunning.....

Good onya Tez! I was trying to find the (true) answer to this very question mate.

Looks like I'll be able to watch some NBA action sooner than I thought then :thumbsup:

I just hope this info helps out some other NBA fans starved of action :)

I picked up a sweet Phillips Set Top Box.

PS, IF you make sure you buy from a major family shop like Kmart, Big W, Target etc you will be able to get an exchange or refund (if it does not work for you) from these shops

My first game was LAKERS v CAVS with odom just going off in the 3rd quarter :)

There is no requirement on the TV side, other than having an appropriate way of getting the set top box signal in (ie. it needs an AV channel). You won't get HD resolution from a CRT as most can't display a 1080i/p signal, but you can definitely watch TenHD.

What's the difference between SD & HD set-top boxes? I mean aren't you gettign them, so you can pickup HD channels.... what's the point of SD boxes?

Standard definition and High definition.....digital signals as opposed to the old analogue signals. The point of SD was originally the affordable way into digital (the first HD boxes were VERY expensive, and there was no HD programming worth watching). SD boxes are now pretty much obsolete, as new HD boxes can be had for less than $100.

Standard definition and High definition.....digital signals as opposed to the old analogue signals. The point of SD was originally the affordable way into digital (the first HD boxes were VERY expensive, and there was no HD programming worth watching). SD boxes are now pretty much obsolete, as new HD boxes can be had for less than $100.

Ok cool.... thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Was told by quite a few peeps I couldnt just get a HD set top box and run it on my old 80 cm TEAC :lol: that you need a new TV to get the right signal....

They were probably just trying to sell you a big new TV.

I bought a huge rear projection about 5 years back - cost heaps.

So didn't want to lose out when that got obsolete.

Got myself the set top box a month or so back.

Great for the Kids with ABC2 having cartoons ;)

Also if you are bored and wanted to watch some parliament hehehe

But this NBA on 10HD is a great bonus!

GO 10!

Ersk

Finally picked up an HD STB today and can't wait until Friday to watch some NBA for the first time in years.

I noticed there seemed to be a couple of NBA shows too. I assume highlight type shows? Are they any good?

I noticed there will even be some double headers shown from mid March.......

Fri. 2/27/2009 2:30 PM Phoenix @ L.A. Lakers

Mon. 3/2/2009 12:00 PM Cleveland @ Atlanta

Fri. 3/6/2009 12:00 PM Dallas @ New Orleans

Mon. 3/9/2009 6:30 AM Phoenix @ San Antonio

Fri. 3/13/2009 11:00 AM L.A. Lakers @ San Antonio
Fri. 3/13/2009 1:30 PM Cleveland @ Phoenix

Mon. 3/16/2009 12:00 PM Phoenix @ Golden State

Fri. 3/20/2009 1:30 PM Golden State @ L.A. Lakers
Fri. 3/20/2009 11:00 AM Portland @ Cleveland

Mon. 3/23/2009 4:00 AM Houston @ San Antonio
Mon. 3/23/2009 6:30 AM L.A. Clippers @ Toronto

Mon. 3/30/2009 11:00 AM San Antonio @ New Orleans

Fri. 4/3/2009 11:00 AM Cleveland @ Washington
Fri. 4/3/2009 1:30 PM Utah @ Denver

Mon. 4/6/2009 5:30 AM Phoenix @ Dallas
Mon. 4/6/2009 11:30 AM L.A. Clippers @ L.A. Lakers

Fri. 4/10/2009 10:00 AM Philadelphia @ Chicago
Fri. 4/10/2009 12:30 PM Denver @ L.A. Lakers

Probably best to check your local guide mate, but for example, on Friday there is a show called NBA 360. It runs for an hour, right before the NBA game (Lakers vs Suns).

i was sick of searching for low quality streams online so i bought NBA international league pass, its great if you have a good connection and a decent pc which im sure everyone has.

also the blazers only play once on 10 HD but i can get every game on league pass :thumbsup:

ok almost had a heart attack, there is black "-" on the screen when watching today's game, and thought my plasma was ****ting itself, but looks like it is from the transmission from america?

Just realised, for those who still have standard definition box you can still watch the nba as channel ten have converted channel 12 as the standard def of 10 HD

So when One Sport channel is launched on 26th March? There will be channel 11 which wil be One Sport HD and Channel 12 which is One Sport Standard Def.

Back
Top Bottom