OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jamie
COMC User
jamiewy77
768062_001.jpg
768054_5.jpg

~$220-250 per box at release.

Hoops is always a product that I swear I'm done with then it drops and I find a way to justify it each year :lol: I'm pleasantly surprised by the price point. As always it's a pretty basic design but in my opinion it's an improvement over last years release. Myself personally will be picking up a couple Chet's once the eBay market floods, purely for my PC though as I don't see any investment opportunity in this product unless you were first to market like below.

This year it's the Rookie Ink cards that have drawn me back, they're absolutely stunning if you can look past the sticker auto.

s-l1600.jpg

This one just sold for $475usd via eBay auction. There was another sale at $900usd but that was via make an offer.

How do we all feel about this years Hoops release?

I think it's important to have a low/entry end product to scale the rest of the products plus being first out and the name link to the 90s era when a started collecting i always put together a set. Looks like less autos per box and the end of slam inserts but overall looks good for what it is.

I think the design looks pretty good this year. Better than last year at least. Plus from the promo sheet I think the Hypnotised & Spark Plugs inserts look a lot better this year also. The one auto per box sucks though considering the amount of autos in the set.

FYI if anyone hits a Nerlens Noel Great SIGnificance auto I'm interested providing he's wearing a Pistons uni. I assume it's from media day as he's barely hit the court this season.

I notice the design for Donruss has dropped recently too. Not a fan other than the Marvels & Animation inserts...

Link
Yeah i was looking at that this morning, the base cards look ordinary and i've never been a fan of cartoon style inserts. Night moves looks good.

I'll buy a hobby box once the price drops in time. Saw some Hot Sigs yesterday, thought they looked terrible compared to previous releases. Will start a slow chase of the RTTF set and look to pick up some nice holo inserts for the pc when the market settles after other product starts coming out.

I do have to agree that the Hot Signatures are probably my least favourite card I've seen in the past few releases of any set. It's just so boring and uninspiring.

It actually reminds me of the magazine covers we were forced to create in High School for Graphic Design class.

s-l1600.jpg
1673504504683.png

Apologies if you hit one but yuck :sick:

I think it's important to have a low/entry end product to scale the rest of the products plus being first out and the name link to the 90s era when a started collecting i always put together a set. Looks like less autos per box and the end of slam inserts but overall looks good for what it is.

I heard someone say that slam inserts are going to be retail only.

I'm not a fan. This years base cards look like those terrible "complete" cards from years ago. The insterts aren't even insert quality, more like "subset" quality from the 90's. The price is still too high considering that by the end of the year, you won't even be able to give most of this stuff away. I feel Hoops is becoming a tired, lazy and very cheap quality set. It needs something new and exciting, like a case hit, proper looking insert set or something.

I'm not a fan. This years base cards look like those terrible "complete" cards from years ago. The insterts aren't even insert quality, more like "subset" quality from the 90's. The price is still too high considering that by the end of the year, you won't even be able to give most of this stuff away. I feel Hoops is becoming a tired, lazy and very cheap quality set. It needs something new and exciting, like a case hit, proper looking insert set or something.

Price around $220 if importing...way too high.

If this drops down under $100US/$150AU, i might get a box but you're losing $240 from a $250 box atm

I agree with the $120-130 price point is where Hoops needs to be at.

Hopefully the hype slows down and we start to see prices dip. It's ludicrous the fact that last years Prizm Retail is cheaper than this years Hoops Retail.

1673514235992.png
1673514363527.png

Mma Idk GIF by UFC

Yep, case hit would be nice and some more numbered varieties.

I would love a smaller print run too and 1/1s from retail

I like those ideas.

I'd love to see them emulate how Bowman Chrome Baseball have it, you essentially have to rip boxes of Hobby and Jumbo to access the full numbered checklist/rainbow. This obviously doesn't work if Retail is at $200-250 and Hobby is at $1200+ so they would need to fix Hobby pricing back to a reasonable amount.

I like those ideas.

I'd love to see them emulate how Bowman Chrome Baseball have it, you essentially have to rip boxes of Hobby and Jumbo to access the full numbered checklist/rainbow. This obviously doesn't work if Retail is at $200-250 and Hobby is at $1200+ so they would need to fix Hobby pricing back to a reasonable amount.

2022-23 Prizm Hobby might be $800 a box! Would love higher end drops

Back
Top Bottom