NBA Championship!

Who do YOU think will win the NBA Championship ?

• Dallas Mavericks

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Phoenix Suns

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Detroit Pistons

• Miami Heat

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Houston Rockets

• Utah Jazz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington Wizards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Richo dont be silly, Miami shouldnt be on that list, coz they wont even make the PLAYOFFS, let alone the Finals or win it all ;)

ohh matty your gonna start getting on my nerves!

we're goin to the postseason baby, and without Wade we're gonna pull off what NYK did in '99. #8 seed to the finals baby, except this time we'll beat the Spurs! :p ;)

Heat wont make the playoffs. :eek: lol i love seeing footage of Zo promising the people of Miami for back to back championships on the night of the ring ceremony and they got thumped by the bulls. It would be further salt to the wound if they couldnt even make the playoffs lol :cool:

It's Phoenix's year :)

question- How are the seedings working this year after they changed it all after last season?

If they playoff started today how would the matchups look?

we'll always have a chance. nothing is impossible.

who the hell gave Chicago 3 votes.. hahaha, they couldn't even beat Detroit today..

You just said nothing is impossible ! No-one is dissing you for voting Miami so pay the same respect to the people who voted Chicago [-X

Just a question for all those who believe the Suns can/will win the championship. How many teams in the past who have won a championship, didn't play a lick of defence? Its pretty simple: defence = championship. History says so.

question- How are the seedings working this year after they changed it all after last season?

If they playoff started today how would the matchups look?

Division Leaders are only guaranteed a Playoff berth, no longer a top-3 spot. So as for last year, Denver got 3rd seed for winning division, but this year would be 8th seed (where they finished).

Just a question for all those who believe the Suns can/will win the championship. How many teams in the past who have won a championship, didn't play a lick of defence? Its pretty simple: defence = championship. History says so.

Lakers of the 80s ring a bell??

ok maybe they played a bit better d than the current suns but they had the same run n gun offense and parlayed it into multiple championships.

I think the Mavericks will do it hey but I hope spurs will do it ! comon Timmy has the big fundamental got it?

Suns for me

Nash Marion and Amare

And with Barbosa, Bell and Diaw, theyve got the best 6-player rotation in the league

Having said that, an injury to any of those would really screw with their chances

Lakers of the 80s ring a bell??

ok maybe they played a bit better d than the current suns but they had the same run n gun offense and parlayed it into multiple championships.

Just becuase they had 'Showtime' didn't mean they didn't play defence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kareem anchored the interior defensively more than aptly.

Suns for me

Nash Marion and Amare

And with Barbosa, Bell and Diaw, theyve got the best 6-player rotation in the league

Having said that, an injury to any of those would really screw with their chances

Scoring the most points doesn't equate exactly to being the best. If I was going on the best, then it would have to the 6 best all rounded rotation; which is entirely debateable.

I voted Mavs but I have a feeling about the Spurs and the Bulls. Last playoffs I said that the Suns would eventually run out of juice because they just run and run. With Amare they are a bit more solid and in my opinion a team with a weak defence can find heart come crunch time but I can't see the Suns doing that as they rely on a few players which means 5 or 6 players would have to miraculously find some guts at the same time (unlikely).

Division Leaders are only guaranteed a Playoff berth, no longer a top-3 spot. So as for last year, Denver got 3rd seed for winning division, but this year would be 8th seed (where they finished).

Thats what I thought but the other day on sports center they were talking different. They were saying the record only went to Home court advantage and the divison leader got the tops seeds. Not sure if they knew that the league changed it, and it made me second guess and think make it was being brought in next season.

I'm hoping it's that way cause I don't want to see the southwest going against each other in the 1st rd.
Hoping for a Utah vs Rockets or Rockets Lakers match up in the 1st

I'm confused can someone explain this ? I didn't know the playoffs had changed :( I just thought the higher team got the home court advantage !

^If you win your division you have to automatically be a top 4 seed, regardless of w/l record. So its not unlikely to see the 4th and 5th seeds fighting it out with the 5th seed getting HCA. I think thats how it works anyways...

Back
Top Bottom