NBA 2K10 My Player Mode Official Thread

My player is a 94 rated PF, won 2 championshps, 1 MVP and i average 40 odd a game.

Wow 94 you must've played heaps!

I figured out I must not be getting ROY consideration because my team's record is only 19-54.

Despite me averaging 18.7 PPG and 3.7 APG for the season with pretty good all-around percentages.

Only 9 games left in the season, so once I can get out of this team I'll be jumping ship. That said we just beat the Hawks, Bibby once again refused to play any decent defense so I dropped 44 points that game.

I threw down a poster and-1 dunk on Bibby and Al Horford who was late coming on help defense as well.

I'm doing fine with 6 minute quarters, would never get games done playing the 12 minutes that some of you lads do!

Wow 94 you must've played heaps!

I figured out I must not be getting ROY consideration because my team's record is only 19-54.

Despite me averaging 18.7 PPG and 3.7 APG for the season with pretty good all-around percentages.

Only 9 games left in the season, so once I can get out of this team I'll be jumping ship. That said we just beat the Hawks, Bibby once again refused to play any decent defense so I dropped 44 points that game.

I threw down a poster and-1 dunk on Bibby and Al Horford who was late coming on help defense as well.

I'm doing fine with 6 minute quarters, would never get games done playing the 12 minutes that some of you lads do!

dw you will be offered by better teams at the end of the season, i was offered by Lakers, Celtics and Magic but i decided to stay with Bucks.

Here's a photo of me guys.

Starting point guard for the Philadelphia 76ers, James Wong. A 6'2" scoring-orientated point guard rated 52 overall.

I am an un-drafted rookie from Duke University and am 22 years old. I am averaging 18.7 PPG in my rookie season.

JWong.jpg

Here's a photo of me guys.

Starting point guard for the Philadelphia 76ers, James Wong. A 6'2" scoring-orientated point guard rated 52 overall.

I am an un-drafted rookie from Duke University and am 22 years old. I am averaging 18.7 PPG in my rookie season.

JWong.jpg

sick, lol my player is so small, lucky 2k11 is coming out next month coz i want to start a new one with out feeling bored, because the circuit and summer camp is just plain BORINGG! I might try out for Point Guard for Lakers, I can beat Derek Fisher.

Just reading this is making me jump off the NBA live band wagon (I've been on it since live '95). I cannot WAIT for the 2K11 to show up!

Just reading this is making me jump off the NBA live band wagon (I've been on it since live '95). I cannot WAIT for the 2K11 to show up!

It's definitely the better brand. I played both 2K10 and NBA Live 10 at my friends house. 2K10 is much more realistic.

You can tell even by the basic animations. Live 10 looks so unnatural, especially when they are running! It's so shiny and plastic as well. For me, if the animations aren't even life-like, I can't take the game seriously..

Jimbo, i'm sold, I can see my created player suiting up and making it big in the coming months...

Hahahaha, I'm actually looking at buying one.. wife has ok'd one for chrissy if I swing a HD in my uni class..

After my 44 point outburst dropped 43 against a team who I'm not sure. I think the Thunder?

Yeah. I had 22 in the 1st quarter on 10/10 shooting and 3 and1's of which I only converted 2.

I thought I'd be breaking the 50 point milestone, but not happening! I dropped 10 in the 2nd quarter, 9 in the 3rd to give me a grand total of 41 points going into the 4th.

For some strange reason I didn't get put on till there was less than 2 minutes left, and only got a bucket.

My scoring is up to 19.4 PPG, leading all rookies now. Still not among the ROY candidates.

Is it because:

1) My team has only won 19 games out of 75?
2) I have only played like 38 games for the 76ers due to being in the D-League, so maybe I am not eligible for the award?
3) Despite leading all rookies in PPG, I only average 18.5 minutes per game

What do you guys think?

---------- Post added 23-07-2010 at 03:51 PM ----------

Played two more games today. Finally broke the 50 mark with a 67 point explosion in a game against the Raptors.

Five more games till the off-season and I can jump ship! Scoring average increased to 21 PPG and player rating to 55.

I finally finished the season with averages of 22.9 PPG and 3.4 APG on 50% shooting from the field.

My Players is rated 57.

My 76ers however didn't make the playoffs, and I only played 47 games, not enough to qualify for the ROY Award or All-Rookie Teams (disappointing).

Anyway off-season simmed through and I got offers from:
a) Nets (play behind Devin Harris)
b) Grizzlies (play behind/with Mike Conley)
c) Rockets (play behind Aaron Brooks)
d) Remain with 76ers (start)

I wanted a starting gig, but then didn't want to remain with the 76ers. I also wanted to make the playoffs, so I chose the Rockets because they are the best team.

I'll have to battle Brooks for minutes, but if I start producing I think I'll have a good season. If I don't win the starting spot I'll be 6th man of the year.

I wanted to go to the Heat though :(

---------- Post added 25-07-2010 at 12:17 AM ----------

My Player Rating up to 58.

Played 4 games with my new Rockets team.

The good news - I get to play with Yao Ming, Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks and some new rookie who is a dunking machine.

They can fill it up and I don't have to do everything. So for now we're 4-0 atop the West which is great.

The bad news, I'm getting limited time.

In Game 1 I played a lot, finished with 18 points, 9 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks and Player of the Game Awards. I thought they'd keep me playing that much, but turns out they were just testing me.

The last 3 games since then I've got barely any time behind Aaron Brooks. I'm averaging 14 PPG and 4 APG in barely 10 minutes per game.

What else is annoying? In the last game I played I had a B+ rating, but it froze at the end at the free throw line. So I kept pressing the pass (x) button to try and get it to get back to normal. It did, and then said I had called for a pass like 10 times, which lowered my rating down to D and it was the end of the game! Grrr! :lol:

After starting 5-0 my Rockets dropped 4 straight and just bounced back with a win against Phoenix to make our record 5-4.

Trevor Ariza has gone down with injury. I've had to step up the scoring load. Averaging 25.3 PPG and leading the team right now, ironic since I'm not even starting every game. My assists are only at 3.7 APG but that's cause the bigs keep missing easy give-me's next to the basket!

Man I'm averaging over 26 PPG (#10 in the league in scoring), I'm #1 in the league in FT% and FG%, also averaging 4.2 APG and leading the league in PER (Player Efficiency Rating).

And I'm STILL battling Aaron Brooks for the starting gig! I've only started 8/19 games and my bloody Rockets are 11-8 after starting the season 5-0. We've dropped 3 in a row. Whenever I'm on the court we go up by at least 5 points, and then I get subbed for Aaron Brooks and when I sub back on we're down by double digits!

In a game against the Clippers I played the entire 3rd quarter and we were up by like 8 at the break. Then I simmed till I was subbed, and found I was benched the entire last quarter, and the final score had us losing by about 10 points! How annoying!

Not in the All-Star voting either. Not sure why that is...

Hey guys. I still only have 2K10. My player is called Shawn Cavanough, a 6 foot 3 inches point guard. I went to the NBA training camp with the Suns, but got cut after the final game! Anyway, I played for quite along time in the D-Leage for the Bighorns (I think?). After about 10 games, I sign with the Kings (who were about 15 games into the season), I am pretty sure I was behind Udrih for starting position. So I get some game time, go pretty well and we trade Udrih, so I became starter for the Sacremento Kings. When I started we were in 15th position in the Western Conference (I play on the 2nd easiest level by the way & 5 minute quarters). So, with about 10 games left we get into the top 8 (or whatever the NBA call it). We ended up finishing in 5th position. So our first playoff match (7 game series type thing) is against San Antonio Spurs. I played the first game at 2AM in the morning. It was a tight tussle, having the Spurs up by 5 with 1 minute to go. A quick 3 from Tyreke Evans, then a steal from Cavanough and a fastbreak score. The game went into OT. It was a really even battle, going into 2OT, we finally get a roll on and win by 3! Our next 3 games were really easy and we swept the Spurs. Jazz were up next. It was a really easy series, sweeping the Jazz and winning by 16 or more each game. In the Western Conference final, was the Rockets. They got off to a real good start, and i had real trouble containing Brooks. So the Rockets won their frst 2 home games. Then it went onto our home court were it was a tight struggle but had enough to then win the series in 6. So here I am about to start the NBA Finals. We are up against the Bobcats. I am leading the NBA in FG%, SPG, and am averaging about 9 APG. I am also leading the Playoffs in PPG & SPG. I was selected in the NBA Rookie 2nd team (behind Curry for PG, but starred alongside fellow teammate Tyreke Evans in the SG position) & the NBA Defensive 1st Team. I have won the Player of the Week 3 times and the Player of the Month once. My overall rating is 70. So, tomorrow, I might play 2 games or so (maybe even 4) and will let you know how I go. Wish me luck in the biggest 7 games of the season.

Sacramento Kings win the 09/10 NBA Title! We swept the Bobcats, including an OT win in the 4th to secure the title. We were in big trouble after Charlotte scored 22 to our 7 in the 2nd quarter. but fear not, slowly but surely we got the lead back to about 6. Then a stellar 4th quarter performance by Shawn Cavanough including a layup buzzer beater. Then in OT, the Kings momentum got them home to win by 4. Shawn Cavanough won Finals MVP. I was offered contracts by Jazz, Hawks & Spurs. But I decided to stick to the team that gave me a chance in the first place and play for the Sacramento Kings.

anybody that has a xbox 360 and plays nba 2k11 online me and a few mates play all the time we made a crew aswell so if anybody feel like joining or play any team up games send me a msg or add me to your friends list my gamer tag is (AfroCowboy)

Back
Top Bottom