NBA 2K10 My Player Mode Official Thread

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
I thought there might be a thread on this but I couldn't find one after searching so I'm reviving the topic.

I was very disinterested in My Player initially because I sucked.

I only got 2K10 for my birthday last November, got my PS3 then as well so basically was an absolute rookie.

I got cut at training camp, then found myself in the D-League where I battled.

I strung together like 2 or 3 good games and got called up the 76ers.

But once I got to Philly I still wasn't doing very well.

My guy is called James Wong and is a 6'2" scoring style point guard.

Basically I knew no post moves and no dribble moves so struggled to score and didn't have good ratings for jump-shooting either.

However since online gaming has made me a lot better (e.g. dribble moves, post moves, shooting in rhythmn etc) I decided to try it again.

Got back into My Player Mode yesterday and played 3 games.

19 points, 32 points and 35 points. Games all with a rating of at least B+.

Got on again tonight due to serves being down and poured in 35 points (28 in the first half) and 4 assists on 14/18 shooting against Atlanta.

Bibby refused to play good defense so I destroyed him every possession. I was hoping I could get to 50 points but we were up 20 at the break so they sat me the entire third and I only got on with 1 minute and 30 seconds to go in the 4th.

My Player has now boosted from 46 overall to 48.

His season stats through 25 games for the 76ers are 13.6 PPG and 3.5 APG

I'm second among all rookies in scoring but the team sucks. We've only won 14 games and we're like a week away from the all-star break.

Now that I know how to play better though I anticipate a strong second-half of the season.

I've never played my player it just confused me the first time i tried it so never got around to it again. Might have to give it a crack again though sounds interesting

well done mate playing sweet. in my, my player mode im a 6`2 PG getting about 7.5ppg, 1.2apg. not the best but i get HEAPS of minutes, i play for the clippers so they put Baron at SG, and me at PG :) add me psn-hot_pies10 :) thanks mate

well done mate playing sweet. in my, my player mode im a 6`2 PG getting about 7.5ppg, 1.2apg. not the best but i get HEAPS of minutes, i play for the clippers so they put Baron at SG, and me at PG :) add me psn-hot_pies10 :) thanks mate

Sweet. What's your rating? I'm 48 at the moment. Hoping to get to about 60 by the end of the season.

lol i was just talking about 'lets hope somebody makes an nba 2k10 my player thread" on my thread so thank goodness, yeh I am a huge My Player Player, For my first season I played for Milwaukie Bucks as a SG, I did fantastic individually but Crrrrap for the team. We finished like 14 in the Eastern Conference. Then just the other week I decided to start a new one and I am now a Athletic, 6'6!!!! PF in the starting 5 for Oklahoma City Thunder because I wanted a team that has never won a title. We have won 33 out of 36 so far and I have certain we will make playoffs although it's early in the season.

lol i was just talking about 'lets hope somebody makes an nba 2k10 my player thread" on my thread so thank goodness, yeh I am a huge My Player Player, For my first season I played for Milwaukie Bucks as a SG, I did fantastic individually but Crrrrap for the team. We finished like 14 in the Eastern Conference. Then just the other week I decided to start a new one and I am now a Athletic, 6'6!!!! PF in the starting 5 for Oklahoma City Thunder because I wanted a team that has never won a title. We have won 33 out of 36 so far and I have certain we will make playoffs although it's early in the season.

That's sick you must play that mode a lot. Second player and 33 games already wow! I'm only like 26 games in. ;)

I hope they make some sick improvements on the mode for 2K11 though. I'll definitely be in on it from the start.

---------- Post added 17-07-2010 at 12:58 AM ----------

Played the Celtics tonight. Kept the game close, a 1 point game in the 4th quarter. I posted 29 points in the first half.

In the 4th quarter bloody Iguodala wouldn't pass me the ball though and kept taking bad shots.

We ended up losing by like 8 points.

I scorched Rajon Rondo though, finished with 31 points and 4 assists on 14/24 shooting. An A+ rating for the game, 2/3 objectives completed and 1400+ skill points.

Used all my skill points on "on-ball defense" and have risen to being rated 49 now.

Uni is going back soon, I kind of wish I could have a My Player Mode junkie session and just play like 10 games, get 10,000 skill points and do a massive upgrade! :lol:

I just started a my player tonight and im addicted haha. My guy sucks atm i couldn't even get a go on an NBA team so im in the D-league. He goes by the name of Nicko "Lights Out" Robinson cause i thought it had a nice ring to it :lol:
I went with a SF and All rounder so i need to boost a few ratings to get him shooting how i would like, im on 45 overall rating atm

guys i was on fire last night in my player. we were versusing the hornets, so i was like "ohh no im guarding cp3!!!" cause i start off the bench the clippers put my on 13 seconds into the game lol (12 minute quarters.) at the end of the 1st quarter i was on a A+ no joke :D mostly because i had 2 blocks, and 9 points. the clippers were winning at the half by 11 points and because i was in foul trobule sat most of second half and we get killed, but my 4th block of Darren Collison was massive. i rejected him under the ring and the ball went out of bounds!!! i dont know how i did it but i did it lol

I just started a my player tonight and im addicted haha. My guy sucks atm i couldn't even get a go on an NBA team so im in the D-league. He goes by the name of Nicko "Lights Out" Robinson cause i thought it had a nice ring to it :lol:
I went with a SF and All rounder so i need to boost a few ratings to get him shooting how i would like, im on 45 overall rating atm

I sucked at the start too, also went to the D-League. Took me a while to get into the NBA. It really helps your one on one play though!

---------- Post added 17-07-2010 at 01:17 PM ----------

guys i was on fire last night in my player. we were versusing the hornets, so i was like "ohh no im guarding cp3!!!" cause i start off the bench the clippers put my on 13 seconds into the game lol (12 minute quarters.) at the end of the 1st quarter i was on a A+ no joke :D mostly because i had 2 blocks, and 9 points. the clippers were winning at the half by 11 points and because i was in foul trobule sat most of second half and we get killed, but my 4th block of Darren Collison was massive. i rejected him under the ring and the ball went out of bounds!!! i dont know how i did it but i did it lol

That's sick! As a PG I barely get any blocks :(

And when I try half the time it fouls! And it's so stupid that you get a negative grade for committing a foul, even if it was stopping an easy basket!

---------- Post added 17-07-2010 at 04:10 PM ----------

Officially rated 50 now. Dropped 24 and 4 assists on Jarrett Jack and the Raptors.

My stats have bumped up to 14.7 PPG and 3.5 APG over the last few games.

can i tell u wat would be cool? if u checked ya gramma :D haha, had to say that luke i'm sorry lol, I just played my 2nd 2nd game against the clippers and wow we did amazing but for some reason they subbed me off to much considering the game that I played previously I dominated, I did nothing wrong in this game and I finished with a B+, overall they put me on for about 1 quarter (10 minutes) then they put jeff green back as starter, NOT IMPRESSED!!! haha, o well, anyways I am not looking for a championship for my 1st season as a PF but I defiantly want to get into the all defensive team (not gonna happen) and Rookie of the Year (I have a nice chance). Unfortunatly I got h/school monday so I won't be able to play a lot of games, probs 1 after school if I'm lucky, but I'm one of those people who keep playing till I actually get sick of it lol, Jim when you made your player you should have done 'Athletic'. Trust me you will see the difference, no matter what position you are always do athletic and also when you do your drills if you are certain you are going to get a goal you were probably thinking bout doing that dribbling course because its uber easy :)

Can I ask how you make it 12 minute quarters?

Mine is only 5 minutes...

mines 10 minutes, never do 5 because only your games are 5 minute quarters when comp have 12 minute quarters so that means you might not get into the rookie team unless your freak

jimbo go to options then presentation

Thankyou for actually reading my post.

Cheers Arz!

---------- Post added 18-07-2010 at 01:21 AM ----------

I changed my minutes per quarter to 8 minutes. I didn't want 12 that's just ridiculous and too long.

No wonder people were racking up such amazing stats, I'm impressed I was even averaging 14.7 PPG and 3.5 APG in 5 minute quarters! Especially since the last 6 or so games I've been averaging 25 PPG.

My scoring was still good, but the extra time allowed me to drop some dimes in my next game. Loss to the Pacers but managed to rack up 1900+ skill points and finished with 26 points and 12 assists.

My guy is now averaging 15.1 PPG and 3.7 APG (#2 overall scoring rookie, #3 overall assists rookie) but not sure why I'm not in the top 5 candidates for ROY Award?

I was thinking it's either because:
1) My team sucks and has a record of like 14-50 at the moment, or
2) I've only been called up lately and have played less than 30 games, so maybe I'm not eligible for the award yet...

Thoughts?

Thankyou for actually reading my post.

Cheers Arz!

---------- Post added 18-07-2010 at 01:21 AM ----------

I changed my minutes per quarter to 8 minutes. I didn't want 12 that's just ridiculous and too long.

No wonder people were racking up such amazing stats, I'm impressed I was even averaging 14.7 PPG and 3.5 APG in 5 minute quarters! Especially since the last 6 or so games I've been averaging 25 PPG.

My scoring was still good, but the extra time allowed me to drop some dimes in my next game. Loss to the Pacers but managed to rack up 1900+ skill points and finished with 26 points and 12 assists.

My guy is now averaging 15.1 PPG and 3.7 APG (#2 overall scoring rookie, #3 overall assists rookie) but not sure why I'm not in the top 5 candidates for ROY Award?

I was thinking it's either because:
1) My team sucks and has a record of like 14-50 at the moment, or
2) I've only been called up lately and have played less than 30 games, so maybe I'm not eligible for the award yet...

Thoughts?

good work, yeh 8, 9 or 10 minutes is bout right, btw when 2k11 comes out we should make a new my player then start a crew :D

Back
Top Bottom