MyMallBox....the end of the line

shawnkemp40

🔴⚪⚫
Real Name
Dylan
So they're using UPS instead of DHL now. My parcel is in Perth to be delivered. Get a call from UPS " your parcel has cleared customs, in order for us to deliver you will need to pay $391 for release"
I was like...WTF?? Where are all these charges coming from? So she send me an invoice that makes zero sense however the nuts and bolts are:
Customs entry fee $83
Duty $93.54
Security Fee $9.95
GST $203.86

GST ...if you've gotta pay it, harsh but fair. But nearly $200 more in hidden charges?? Fkn hell.
Not sure what to do, I cannot justify throwing $400 down the hole however not accepting the parcel is wasting even more

What mmb shipping service did you use?

ive been using their base shipping with no tracking and claim them at $1 per card and havent got a GST bill yet, but Im not shipping cards as valuable as yours.

will this change for me now if using ups? Or not cos I choose the cheapest shipping?

UPS Worldwide saver.
It was cheaper than the old DHL express rate and equally as quick.
However they clearly dot the i's and cross the t's with values etc.
I accept that I shouldn't have accumulated such a large amount of stuff but damn, these charges hurt!!
Moral of the story, keep your parcels under $1k value.

I paid the charges... basically there was no choice. Ultimately this is my fault, huge hit even huger lesson learnt.
If this helps 1 person then I guess it was worthwhile. I guess being honest with values is not the way to go, or if you are please ensure that you keep it under $1k
AUD. I don't think I have ever not been excited for a mailday before but I couldn't care less about this one atm.

Sorry to hear bro, just to clear it up you did declare $1k or over as the value of the postage?
I didn't personally and unfortunately I had no idea that MMB did either. However after quickly tallying up about 2/3 of the eBay items since late August I was over 1k US so I couldn't say they were wrong, as I mentioned I am honest with my package values in case they lose something . I've never encountered this before and never had an issue with the DHL packages.

damm, that's a story..feel for you mate, a lot of $ to pay on items you have already payed for.

We can all thank Messers Howard and Costello for that. The GST which was supposed to replace all taxes ended being yet another tax on top of everything else.

$203 GST>>?? is that 10%
Apparently...
When the man wants GST , import charges etc...the man gets it.
Horrible experience. 3lbs worth of singles, I just don't even care.
Maybe in a few days I'll look at them.

UPS "customer service" is a call centre filled with robotic, couldn't care less women in the Philippines.
Possibly the worst I've dealt with and unfortunately I had to speak to 3 different reps over 7 calls and 6 emails.
On the flipside when I cracked the sh!ts and went directly to the depot here near the airport, the people were awesome. Within 5 minutes I had my swollen, card filled sack and it was all over.

Under non-taxable imports it still says goods under $1000 are exempt. Hasn't been updated since 2018 though.

Take the risk and declare a lower value or pay extra?
Would this not be a legally binding document? Are they not duty bound to update the information?
If this is the only documentation we can access at this time, then surely we are to take it as gospel.

I would think that the issue originated with your value inputs on MMB when (IF) you declared your incoming packages and their actual (real) values. I made sure to declare lower when declaring the incoming packages.

I too have ditched MMB.

I had a paid of shoes sent there worth $400 AUD and the tracking said delivered. But they claimed they never got them and said that the person that signed for them (as recorded on the tracking online) doesn't actually work for them. This was the last straw for me with MMB.
Not wasting my time with those incompetent c*nts anymore. Happy to pay someone like Bryan & Xochitl Wells from Ship My Cards and build their business as he has a personal passion for the hobby and collecting.

Under non-taxable imports it still says goods under $1000 are exempt. Hasn't been updated since 2018 though.

Take the risk and declare a lower value or pay extra?
Yeah so this was exactly my issue. Because I 1. Hoarded stuff for 4-5 months and 2. I put what each card cost when doing the "my incoming packages" thing I went over $1k

Back
Top Bottom