My trip to the National - Day 2

postgsl

Send me your Exums
Real Name
Garth
eBay User
postgsl
Well the first full day of the National is over and I have only managed to look at a quarter of what is on show. Everyone should try to get to one of these, they are nothing like what we have or ever had the height of the card collecting craze (sorry Sonny & Gary)

Not much basketball stuff and that may be because Baltimore is not an NBA town but rather a Baseball and NFL town. Of the cards would have to be 80% baseball and football, 10% basketball and 10% mixture wrestling, UFC and non sports

I have managed to pick up a few low number JO game used and some Jordan and Kobe inserts that were in a $1 box.

Have posted a few pictures below

A program from the Gold Medal game at the 1956 Olympics

Re: My trip to the National

wowsers garth looks like heaven for card collectors... :drool:

hope you're having a great time mate

Wow....a great read. I am sure everyone would love to hear more about your big adventure!

wowsers garth looks like heaven for card collectors... :drool:

hope you're having a great time mate

Branko, its heaven times ten, plus there is also memorabilia for sale including actual game worn jerseys and shorts from all the majors, plus autograph opportunities, but they cost ranging from $20 up to $400 per auto.

Being a wrestling fan I did buy the TNA package that inxcludes autos from and photos with Mick Foley, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, The Beautiful People and Lacey Von Erich, that cost me $149 and included a box of TNA cards from which I got a RVD Game used and a dual RVD and Jeff Hardy auto

Wow....a great read. I am sure everyone would love to hear more about your big adventure!

Thanks Matt, will try to keep this thread updated

Just sooo envy you can be national, maybe one day i will be there!! Thanks for sharing!!

wish i was there! i think the markets are pretty good...

wow, i would of love to gone!!!!!! you must of had a awesome time!
and love the program from the melbourne olympics seeing that i live in melbourne

Looks absolutely amazing Garth, hope you are having a blast mate!

Would have thought there would have been more basketball card stands there, and its sweet that they have UFC cards there as well.

Sounds like a blast Garth! Make sure you keep us unlucky folk updated with the goings on and enjoy the rest of the trip

Wow dude that looks completely out of it!!! Shame there aren't more basketball stands but still looks amazing. $1 Jordans and Kobes madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice work on the TNA stuff, hope your having a good time mate

Some more photos showing the different things that are for sale

A ticket to Jordan's NCAA Final Game

A signed Favre game Used

Helmet and Jersey signed by the New Orleans Saints Super Bowl winning team