My New Web Site

#1 Eels fan

a 1 eyed EELS supporter
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Mighty Eels
My Son In Law who designs websites and does graphic design has made me a simple little website, one that even i can work with, to showcase my cards that i am trading along with showing of my eels collection, now its not finished and half the cards are not even on there yet but if you would like to have a look and give some feed back on it i would really appreciate it.
As it states on the site and most of you allready know that i am not a dealer but it does have a buying feature for those who are unable to trade anything for the cards i am after.
anyway feel free to have a look and give me a comment on it if you want but please remember it is not finished and i think i have fixed up all his(my son in law) dragons bias evaluations etc but if i have missed any please let me know...:lol:

here is the link....

Dave's Trading Cards | Covering all your Rugby League trading card needs!

I like it - very clean and easy to navigate.

Would be nice to view by set and see a wants-list for anything you're after also I guess, but it's already really, really good.

Oh, that's an impressive Eels collection too.

The more pressing issue however, is why on Earth would you allow a dragons fan to marry into your family??? ;)

Well done Dave - nice to see it going to the next level. Looks very nice and easy to negotiate.

Where do i get that 1980 Scanlens Dave Swadling card??:lol:

love the idea of making a website. so much easier to manage things and show people what you have and what you got to trade. i was just wondering if it is free to create these websites or is there a way to make one for free.

love the idea of making a website. so much easier to manage things and show people what you have and what you got to trade. i was just wondering if it is free to create these websites or is there a way to make one for free.
webs.com is free but it really is no comparision to a site like daves.

Andrew, there is plenty of free software out there to make a website, I tried a few of them and settled for this software Website Builder - Easiest website builder for your website - Free Trial I liked it so much I bought a licence to get online support, do a google search for wysiwyg, this will give you a heap of hits for free web building software

Dave

nice Dave, very nice, I would say its almost as good as mine..................lol

Thanks Dave :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 14-08-2011 at 11:54 PM ----------

Dave i really like this, well done. Only one thing, would be easy to add a "Sets" and "Signatures" page..... back to my excel sheet, LOL

thanks Steven, i will be doing sets as complete commons i will either make another page or place them in the Misc section and a page for the IP signatures so people can see what the sigs are like etc

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:04 AM ----------

I like it - very clean and easy to navigate.

Would be nice to view by set and see a wants-list for anything you're after also I guess, but it's already really, really good.

Oh, that's an impressive Eels collection too.

The more pressing issue however, is why on Earth would you allow a dragons fan to marry into your family??? ;)

Thanks Mate :thumbsup: we were contemplating wether to do sets pages or team pages but decided to do the team pages as i find more people are after teams rather than sets but either way they can see what i have from each series for each team.

the eels collection :lol: is no where nere complete we chucked a few in there to make sure it all worked ok

Letting a dragons supporter into the family circle did take some convincing and with a few therapy sessions and the medication i am now taking all together seems to be working :lol: sorry Ross, villain, ayios etc

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:05 AM ----------

that is awesome dave, looks great.

Thanks Mate :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:05 AM ----------

Dave,
I like the site too. Very easy to navigate around

thanks mischa, that was what we were hoping for :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:07 AM ----------

It's great Dave,easy to use.All you have to do is stick the rest of your cards in there.
Cheers
Peter.

Thanks Peter, it will take me a while to get them all up i think, i am only up to 2004 at the moment and thats just the select and dynamic cards :)

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:09 AM ----------

how much did it cost your for the domain and host dave?

it only cost me about $60 if i remember correctly

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:16 AM ----------

Well done Dave - nice to see it going to the next level. Looks very nice and easy to negotiate.

Where do i get that 1980 Scanlens Dave Swadling card??:lol:

Thanks mate, the site is more of a place for me to show what i have to trade with and to showcase my eels collection and todd (son inlaw) suggested the buy it tabs in case someone did not have anything to offer as a trade but would like to buy a card etc.

the dave swadling scanlens is an extremely rare card, when made they realised that the photographer had taken a pic of me wearing a cap that had not been made for another 20+ years so in an attempt to cover the mistake and the fact that time travel was infact acheivable they did not make anymore :lol:

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:19 AM ----------

Yeah i would be interested to know as well...
Looks good, your Son InLaw sounds like a smart bloke, has done a good job...

Thanks Mate :thumbsup: it cost about $60. Todd (son inlaw) is quite talented and as for the smarts, he must have a few as he picked my daughter :lol: the dragons thing is something we are trying to rectify :lol:

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:24 AM ----------

thats was exactly what we were thinking, it is so much easier to showcase what i have this way as i have heaps of cards to trade with and my eels collection is huge.

it cost me $60 for the webspace but as my son inlaw does this sort of thing for a living he put it together for me because i am the father in law and it keeps him in my good books :lol:

---------- Post added 15-08-2011 at 12:25 AM ----------

nice work buddy!

Thanks Mate :thumbsup:

Looks great Dave I think I'm going to have to jump on board this bandy and set one up myself. It's better than having them all tucked away in a folder in a cupboard:). Well done. Chris

Looks great Dave I think I'm going to have to jump on board this bandy and set one up myself. It's better than having them all tucked away in a folder in a cupboard:). Well done. Chris

Thanks mate, its defenitly a work in progress and allow yourself a heap of time as it is very time consuming in its intial set up.

---------- Post added 16-08-2011 at 10:39 PM ----------

Dave, the medication seems to be working well. LOL
Every parra supporter is probable medicated this year hehehe

medicated as much as the players ?????????? :lol:

---------- Post added 16-08-2011 at 10:41 PM ----------

good work Dave. I have sent you a PM

cheers
E.W

Thanks mate, i am about to check the messages as there seems to be a few.

i have added my wish list to the site now :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom