My Miami Heat Experience Part 1

Aronzo33

Miami Heat Fan. Zo and Birdman
Real Name
Aaron
COMC User
MiamiHeatFanatic
I've been a Heat Nation fan since my all time fave player Alonzo Mourning was drafted in 1992 and traded to the Heat in 1995 and I stayed there ever since. I decided to take a trip to the States and watch my very first NBA game, it's not hard to guess which team I went to watch. I have family in Oakland California so I decided to schedule my trip when the Heat was visiting the the Warriors, this was January 11.

My seat was just behind the Heat bench and there they all were, all of them were right there literally two steps from my seat! Long story short I got to meet the entire Miami Heat team, all the players (don't get me started on meeting Birdman, Wade, CB, Stoudemire!). I was even interviewed by Heat TV and Fox Sports (I have the 2 minute segment as evidence!).

I'll be sharing the photos and new maildays but first this one's dedicated to my man Amar'e Stoudemire aka STAT. I actually enjoyed watching him in his Phoenix Suns days when he played alongside Steve Nash and then when he was with my second fave team NY Knicks. I was super excited when I heard the Heat acquired him this past season, sure he's way past his prime but this guy can still give some minutes off the bench.

He did win rookie of the year in 2003, NBA All-Rookie First Team and made 6 All-Star appearances.

View from my seat, Heat bench was just a few steps to my right. There's STAT in front and rookie Winslow on the right. And there's Curry #30!! :woot::woot::woot:
email3.JPG

Ok here's my Stoudemire mailday.

Let's start with a tag 5/5

He played half a season in Dallas before joining the Heat.
1.JPG

Tasty Gold Prizm 3/10
2.JPG

Immaculate Logo 14/16
4.JPG

BOOM 1/1! Not quite a logoman but still a sweet jersey numbered tag
5.JPG

One of One
6.JPG

Another jersey numbered card, one of my favourite STAT cards! The logoman tag from his Christmas Day jersey (from the jersey he's wearing on the card)
7.JPG

Just waiting for this baby to arrive anyday now..

And yet another jersey numbered card...Select Black Prizm 1/1
8.jpg

9.jpg

Last card of the bunch...

My STAT pride and joy...

First one in my collection...

My first ever logoman jersey numbered 1/3
DSC01093.JPG

One last surprise...

Got to meet Stoudemire after the game! :woot:
Stoudemire_OZCT_600.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
Man you are a lucky guy! Amare is one of my favourite players, really hated how things worked out for him on NY.

Man you are a lucky guy! Amare is one of my favourite players, really hated how things worked out for him on NY.

Knicks can't seem to get their act together, even just getting the right coach seems to be a challenge. I love Stoudemire, I'm just happy he's with the Heat he seems happy there and content with his role.

Hey mate, a lot of your images arent working?

Hey Matt fixed now :)

The word amazing doesn't do this justice, absolutely phenomenal mailday! :worthy:

Indeed you are one lucky man, definitely hope I'll be able to see Kyrie one day and maybe even meet him :hearts:

Last edited:
Wow, great story and what a place to watch a game. I saw MIA at GS last year:)

Awesome pick ups too.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers for that Ben. Oracle Arena was just magic and the fans were crazy passionate. My aunty is in her 80's and born and raised in Oakland and she's a die hard Warriors fan she never misses a game. She's always mailing me newspaper clippings about the Warriors all season long :lol: Did Miami win the game you watched?

The word amazing doesn't do this justice, absolutely phenomenal mailday! :worthy:

Indeed you are one lucky man, definitely hope I'll be able to see Kyrie one day and maybe even meet him :hearts:

Thanks for the kind words Harsha, I only had a few Stoudemire autos, now that he's playing in Miami and I met him I decided to chase a few more cards...think I went a bit overboard haha :whistle: You'll meet Kyrie I'm sure, he did an appearance in Melbourne a year or two ago, no doubt I'm sure he'll do more in Australia and you'll meet him and you'll be like me when I met Birdman, I was shaking and all haha :confused:

Nice work mate! Some great tags and patches on display there - best of all was the pic at the end - I'm guessing you;re not exactly 6'10' tall then!

Thanks for the kind words Harsha, I only had a few Stoudemire autos, now that he's playing in Miami and I met him I decided to chase a few more cards...think I went a bit overboard haha :whistle: You'll meet Kyrie I'm sure, he did an appearance in Melbourne a year or two ago, no doubt I'm sure he'll do more in Australia and you'll meet him and you'll be like me when I met Birdman, I was shaking and all haha :confused:

I know what you mean! I was devastated I couldn't go to Melbourne when Kyrie came cause of school exams :thumbsdown: I can't imagine how nervous I'll be if i ever meet him, probably need a paramedic on stand by haha

Nice work Aaron. Will look forward to the responses to the next part (s) of this epic day out that you had. :whistle::thumbsup:

That's so cool man! Looks like you had an amazing time.

Great cards too, those Select 1/1s are awesome in hand as is the Logoman of course!

Look forward to seeing more photos :)

Sounds & looks like it was an incredible experience for you! Those Stoudemire cards are amazing too, he was an absolute beast before the injuries hit.

Back
Top Bottom