My Iverson & other eBay auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennessy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hendra Barnes
Hey guys,

I've listed some items on eBay, just to help me move my collection. So far, so good that I haven't had to but since my homecoming trip to Indonesia is coming up, I want to try and move some of this.

Just testing the water for prices, on some of these cards.

henkita217's Auction.

Good luck and I will update this thread & my auction list, periodically.

Thanks,

Hendra Barnes

???....US$30 postage to Australia from Australia??? Well, 4-14 in the auction text...but you are going to scare many with the $30 in the postage section...

???....US$30 postage to Australia from Australia??? Well, 4-14 in the auction text...but you are going to scare many with the $30 in the postage section...

For my own safety, of course. $30 does not even cover for ECU service. I have to add more towards that.

I've been told from my local PO, the only way to ship trading cards internationally, is by either standard air mail or ECU [Express Courier]. Nothing in between, so yes, to cover myself from chargebacks. But normally I will be lenient, if the buyer has a good, solid/strong feedback or if I had done business with the person before, I may give them the option of standard air mail for $5.

But to Australia, whatever it costs for Express with tracking, hence, I said, $4-$14 within Australia.

Regards,

Hendra Barnes

Yeah, I'm not too concerned over the international rate....although can't you go reg post international, which costs $20 AUD, not $50 AUD: Australia Post International Services | Our Products | Registered Post International

It just sucks that ebay doesn't let you set the auction up with a reasonable number in the postage section for shipping to Australia.

Because my PO knows what I ship, he said trading cards will not go pass the US security checks, whilst shipped with Registered Mail. It has to be of a document form, so he won't let me use that service. He warned me that my parcel, if sent by Registered Mail, will get sent back to Australia.

Besides, most times, my cards with the solid holder for extra protection, are too thick for the 5mm rule they have for Registered Mail.

So no, unfortunately, Registered Mail is not an option.

I am in no way trying to rip people off with the shipping charges, because how could I, when I have to put money out of my own pocket, to cover for the rest of the charges for ECU service.

The last thing I want, is for some buyer claims a chargebacks and my PayPal account is totally frozen, right before Christmas. :) So my strict policy is really for my own benefit.

But yes, eBay does suck at not letting you choose the shipping charges more accurately for us Australians.

Might want to get your post office guy to brush up on his products.
I just last week sent a package of 8 cards to the US in a Registered Post International 500g bubble bag for under $20. It was a good 15-20mm thick and had a bubble mailer before it went into the 500g registered bubble bag.
No online tracking, but can be traced by Auspost with a phone call.
With the cards ive sent this method, i just update paypal with the tracking number once sent.

Might want to get your post office guy to brush up on his products.
I just last week sent a package of 8 cards to the US in a Registered Post International 500g bubble bag for under $20. It was a good 15-20mm thick and had a bubble mailer before it went into the 500g registered bubble bag.
No online tracking, but can be traced by Auspost with a phone call.
With the cards ive sent this method, i just update paypal with the tracking number once sent.

I'll pursue it as of course, high shipping cost will affect my sales.

Thanks for the update Graham.

Just curious, what if you send the cards with Ultra Pro Magnetic holder though? Maybe that's why they keep stressing, this isn't a document material.

Also, is registered mail tracking number, is good enough for PayPal?

I'm starting to not understand these Postal people.

If I am able to send by Registered, it'll save me money out of my own pocket as well.

I may need to borrow you physically one day next week Graham to send a few things. :)

The old registered post was documents in a paper envelope. The bubble bag is registered parcel and can be any item not just docs.
You might want to check with paypal as to their requirements as they always change. I dont see how it would be a problem.

I'll pursue it as of course, high shipping cost will affect my sales.

Thanks for the update Graham.

Just curious, what if you send the cards with Ultra Pro Magnetic holder though? Maybe that's why they keep stressing, this isn't a document material.

Also, is registered mail tracking number, is good enough for PayPal?

If you read the Australia Post link I put in my post, it shows that international registered parcels give proof of sending to you when you send at the post office counter and signed delivery at most destinations...should be more than adequate evidence for any Paypal dispute:

Registered Post International Parcels offers an added security service for merchandise items, proof of posting, and a signature on delivery, for only $5 more than Air Mail.
It is available for items weighing between 500g to 2kg with a value less than $500. It offers reliable delivery within 3 to 10 business days between metropolitan areas of major cities.*

* Provides security handling for most destinations*
* Reliable delivery to 159 countries* within 3 to 10 business days
* Access to the world's largest delivery networks
* Offers signed delivery at most destinations*
* Can be sent using prepaid padded bags and your own packaging
* Delivery to PO boxes, metro, rural and remote areas

Uppin' since there are more things added since the post was made.

Dr. Curlytek - I hope you are right. But as you know, PayPal is full of surprises. I sent 4 items with Registered Parcel Mail today. I hope it all goes well. :)

My auctions.

And I must say, I shipped 8 envelopes today.

- One, with International Express Courier
- Four, with International Parcel Mail
- One, with Registered Australia Mail
- Two, with Standard Air Mail

$137 later...

I think my shipping fees are now justifiable.

Uppin'..

A really nice Dual Patches of AI/Kidd is ending in less than an hour. Besides that, come and grab your first Allen Iverson autograph cards or treat yourself with some rare, sick patch(es). :)

henkita217

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom