My first Sketch card... finally!

El Hoopso

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
Hey guys, just wanted to share :) I've been on this site for about a year now and have been looking Forward to getting a sketch card after seeing all the fantastic art work that's shown in these forums. I now know that I was getting my hopes up as I wasn't really buying boxes, just packs at the Local markets.Luckily over the last month I've basically bought a full box worth of packs of 2012 Marvel Greatest Heroes (as far as I know I was the only one buying, except for 2 packs which means I'm down 4 cards in the base set). Up until today I had no luck and when I opened the 7 packs I bought in the car, still nothing. As there were only 3 packs left at the store I decided to go back and try one last time. Well it paid off! I scored an Andre Toma 'She-Hulk' sketch, hopefully the first of many as I intend to grow my sketch collection!

image.jpeg

Cheers, I'm glad I'm not the only one who opens packs in the car haha. I just can't wait till I get home!

Anyone know the best way to store sketches? Are they safe in a regular 9 sleeve page?

I store mine in a regular 9 sleeve page. However, I use a penny sleeve first. Also, you need to be careful about how you store the binder. Some collectors lay the binder flat and never overfill it; this ensures the cards don't bend.

Congrats on your first sketch break, may there be many more :) Also, let me know what 4 cards you are missing from the base set, I should have at least some of them.

Back
Top Bottom