My first psa 10 and some mojo!

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Ok first up is some real nice Celts vintage for my sets. Tommy Heinsohn and the best sixman in the league Frank Ramsey. Two really nice additions :D I love SGC and their holders and grading. Just look at the color on them!

1961fleermailday.jpg

And the backs you probably never see.
1961fleerbacks.jpg

And lastly this 1976 buckmans disc. Extra mojo is the fact this is a buckmans back one! Most nearly all are just blank. Its taken me over 3 years of searching to find one. I didn't even know it was till i turned it around and saw the back. Let out a good yell too! LOL These were available in Rochester NY for a limited time at Buckmans ice cream Village. When they sold out quick they printed more and they were blank backed.
There is also a cranes chip version and a carvel ice cream version with different colors and crane and carvel on the top instead of stars. I have them also :D The cranes being the hardest of the lot to get.

I take it they don't care much for centering on the back but the disc is perfect! They are a little bit smaller than a cd and the holder is 1/3 bigger than a normal psa one.

Buckmanspsa10.jpg

Buckmanspsa10back.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed todays lesson. LOL

Congrats mate!..no offense but how you find collecting cards of that era entertaining is beyond me..thats just my opinion but you definatly know your hobby .:D

Seems it's all about the "great chase". Something to work towards instead of doing an ebay search and always finding what you are looking for. Is that right Chad?

Very nice cards too! I just recently got myself some SGC stuff too, very impressed.
Those 2 Fleer cards look in awesome nic too

forcefedcc said:
Congrats mate!..no offense but how you find collecting cards of that era entertaining is beyond me..thats just my opinion but you definatly know your hobby .:D

If you were a Celtics fan you would understand. I wouldn't think I'd every have to explain collecting one of the greatest 50 players in NBA history and the second best SF behind Bird?? But still. A lot of guys here collect players that they have seen play twice at best and invest a small fortune in them. Players that will be long forgotten in 30 years time.

Trey:Is that an American spelling??

No exam Col LOL

chadjaja® said:
If you were a Celtics fan you would understand. I wouldn't think I'd every have to explain collecting one of the greatest 50 players in NBA history and the second best SF behind Bird?? But still. A lot of guys here collect players that they have seen play twice at best and invest a small fortune in them. Players that will be long forgotten in 30 years time.

Trey:Is that an American spelling??

No exam Col LOL

Thats a true comment mate...im into the design a fair bit too and i guess oldies have nothing for me..but each to their own and im sure you have alot of awsome cards!...as i have seen in your previous maildays.:D

the buckmans disk looks great ,very nice, great cards chad

Great Tazo mate, didnt realise they made them back then!
And the Monopoly cards are awesome!

You know my thoughts on these cards, I think it's an awesome mailday Chad.
Well done bro!!

p.s. Force - that was a bit rude mate..... You just dont say stuff like that about someone's collecting habbits and hobby interests. It's almost like someone saying that your collection is boring. It puts you down, when you've forked out a lot of money for PC, that's not what you like to hear.

It's all about respecting the interests of other collector's PC's regardless of age, cards, and value. A lot of members on here are not so open-minded when it comes to other members' maildays. They tend to only comment on stuff that they like, rather than congratulating the collector on their efforts of expanding their PC.

Nah its alright Scotty. I already said what I get out of it. But I'm not sure what he gets out of collecting Josh Childress who has played only a bunch of games and hasn't set the world on fire. If he collected a more proven player I may of taking it more personally.

I'll hold my breathe to see if he has them in 20 years like my PC has stayed in my hands.

There was what that a dig LOL

Ahh in good fun though but comments like that bite you back sometimes Force.

Great cards mate, i'm starting to enjoy seeing all your new vintage additions, keep up the good work!!!

Back
Top Bottom