Boxing Mundine Vs Wood *result*

Ok.. to Danny Green and the rest. It's quite funny how that everytime Mundine gets mentioned.. so does Green. And again, whilst i was more of a Green fan earlier in his Career, after his retirement and return, i have struggled to like him. He too has been taking on old timers and hacks for years. His best win in my opinion was back when he beat Eric Lucas. Eric Lucas? you say, yes.. Eric Lucas. He might not have been and absolute world beater, but Lucas Always comes to fight and has more heart then Phar Lap. He is very hittable, but when Green broke him down, it was the best i had seen him. Most recently Green has had mixed results. Roy Jones Jr. Well.. it was like beating up your grandad, and although it got him huge exposure (and LOADS) of hate from the U.S, it wasn't really a masterfull display. He then went on to beat an inflated Siaca (who beat mundine) and then had that debarcle with Paul Briggs. His best win sine his return was definatley his last one agaisnt Flores, but even that came harder than most people expeceted. I hope he chases some live opponents, but don't be suprised if he goes back to beating up inflated SMW's and Old men.

Now someone above did mention getting behind some of our REAL fighters and i couldn't agree more. Vic Darchinyan and Michael Katsidis have been willing to AND mixing it with the best in the world. Not only do they fight the best, but they do it in style, both being exciting punchers with the ability for highlight reel knockouts. We really need to get behind these guys as they make Australian boxing known on the world stage for the right reasons.

I to am a massive boxing fan and have been for a long time, A good mate of mine is ranked 3 flyweight in Australia so i spend a lot of time watching Aussie boxing. I was once a big fan of Darchinyan but after the way he acted after being KO'd by Nonito Donaire(who i think is a much better boxer) i lost pretty much all respect for him.

So what is a red neck yobo anyway ? So your not racist but blaming it all on one "social group" is not much better !

I cannot stand Mundine but calling him, or anyone for that matter a black c***, f***ing abo, muslim piece of s*** etc after the fight I feel is rather redneck and yobo. I dont have any one social group in mind when I use those words,.. you might, I dont. To me that term applies to anyone, no matter there colour, race, religion, social standing etc etc who was involved in saying those remarks. Its a blanket term I use. Not one levelled at any particular social group.

But thanks for bringing that up and allowing me to clarify.

I to am a massive boxing fan and have been for a long time, A good mate of mine is ranked 3 flyweight in Australia so i spend a lot of time watching Aussie boxing. I was once a big fan of Darchinyan but after the way he acted after being KO'd by Nonito Donaire(who i think is a much better boxer) i lost pretty much all respect for him.

joel brunker?

meh read flyweight as featherweight..

If it were Joel he went to my high school

Nah mate Ben Warburton. Looks like the ranks have changed since his last fight as he has moved up in weight. And yeah i was meant to say featherweight haha.

Nah mate Ben Warburton. Looks like the ranks have changed since his last fight as he has moved up in weight. And yeah i was meant to say featherweight haha.

haha well Joel went to my high school, he was 3-4 years below me. He spanked the guy that sparked your mate. Could even meet up at one stage

Whether the fight was staged or not, whether u like him or not, Mundine said after leaving league that he would win a world title and he has done it. He reached the top in 2 sports which is amazing and is a very smart business man and a pro boxer (yes he fought duds but its about keeping the title), his publicity speeches and comments are business only, they get peoples attention and it pays to have people hate you because they watch your fights and wait for your downfall etc. I heard woods today on the radio and he was very respectful and humble about Mundine and said that he is solely responsible for Boxing in Aust in the last 10 years and its pretty much true. His rivalry with Green is great for both of them, in this sport any publicity is good publicity. Dont be fooled by the way he acts he knows his limits and stays within them to get paid.

Whether the fight was staged or not, whether u like him or not, Mundine said after leaving league that he would win a world title and he has done it. He reached the top in 2 sports which is amazing and is a very smart business man and a pro boxer (yes he fought duds but its about keeping the title), his publicity speeches and comments are business only, they get peoples attention and it pays to have people hate you because they watch your fights and wait for your downfall etc. I heard woods today on the radio and he was very respectful and humble about Mundine and said that he is solely responsible for Boxing in Aust in the last 10 years and its pretty much true. His rivalry with Green is great for both of them, in this sport any publicity is good publicity. Dont be fooled by the way he acts he knows his limits and stays within them to get paid.

Like when he said this after 9/11 “They call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, it’s not about terrorism. It’s about fighting for God’s law, and America’s brought it upon themselves”.

Couldn't disagree more. He might have held a belt, but he was never a real world champion. Not once did he go in and take the belt from a champ (the ibo belt is a load of crap so that doesnt count). He never truely reached the top in either sport (never represented australia in league, and never actually beat a world champion). I think Mundine is a scumbag for burning the english flag in a video and as an Englishmen i will never forget that. but its what he has done to the Australian public that annoys me the most. Australia is an absolute laughing stock overseas when it comes to boxing. We are known for flying over overmatched south americans and thai's just so our fighters can whale on them. Half of the fights would never even be sactioned overseas. Not only has Mundine made this the trend, he has always dogged big fights when offered. He was inline to fight this year against an undefeated European on an american network for yet again.. a vacant world title. However! he backed out when the fight couldn't come to Australia. The biggest insult of all though is that fact that he asks you to pay $50 just to watch him fight nobodies.. and the scarey thing is.. people do it. He has no kidding made himself into a millionaire by stealing the Australian publics hard earned money, by fighting absolute no hopers. To say "Dont be fooled by the way he acts he knows his limits and stays within them to get paid" is bullocks to me. Even you yourself suggested that it could of been staged? Fraud? Just check out how much the "reputable" Fenech made from the Woods win. Mundine is just a leech and has sucked any respect our boxing scene ever carried.

Couldn't disagree more. He might have held a belt, but he was never a real world champion. Not once did he go in and take the belt from a champ (the ibo belt is a load of crap so that doesnt count). He never truely reached the top in either sport (never represented australia in league, and never actually beat a world champion). I think Mundine is a scumbag for burning the english flag in a video and as an Englishmen i will never forget that. but its what he has done to the Australian public that annoys me the most. Australia is an absolute laughing stock overseas when it comes to boxing. We are known for flying over overmatched south americans and thai's just so our fighters can whale on them. Half of the fights would never even be sactioned overseas. Not only has Mundine made this the trend, he has always dogged big fights when offered. He was inline to fight this year against an undefeated European on an american network for yet again.. a vacant world title. However! he backed out when the fight couldn't come to Australia. The biggest insult of all though is that fact that he asks you to pay $50 just to watch him fight nobodies.. and the scarey thing is.. people do it. He has no kidding made himself into a millionaire by stealing the Australian publics hard earned money, by fighting absolute no hopers. To say "Dont be fooled by the way he acts he knows his limits and stays within them to get paid" is bullocks to me. Even you yourself suggested that it could of been staged? Fraud? Just check out how much the "reputable" Fenech made from the Woods win. Mundine is just a leech and has sucked any respect our boxing scene ever carried.

:D:D:D Well said Ben, couldn't agree with you more!

1st of all no offence taken, i am happy to debate this (i am not exactly a huge fan of his but i can see exactly why he does things the way he does). A title is a title and he is a former two-time WBA Super Middleweight champion (regardless of how he got it), i agree he has never really fought any champion opponents but that is his tactic and that is what has made him wealthy. He dosnt make people pay to watch his fights so it must be his fans or haters but either way it is smart business.

In regards to his comments - they are meant to provoke, insult etc its what makes the news and headlines and draws publicity, if you cant see that then you are being fooled. I have never seen/heard of the English flag burning but he is an Aboriginal and the English raped/killed/enslaved/tortured a lot of his ancestors (this might have something to do with it but i am only guessing). Mundine is only in boxing for $$, he has a title and that is all he wants, like i said before, he knows his limits and that is why he takes the fights he does as it is all business.

In regards to league he did represent Australia as he played for Australian Schoolboys and Junior Kangaroos, he played State Of Origin for NSW and won a Grand final with the Broncos which puts a lot of credit to his NRL career and not playing for Australia and the whole racism debate is why he left NRL (and $). He also does a lot of charity work which goes unrecognised.

Like i said before, dont be fooled by the act as it has achieved his financial goals.

1st of all no offence taken, i am happy to debate this (i am not exactly a huge fan of his but i can see exactly why he does things the way he does). A title is a title and he is a former two-time WBA Super Middleweight champion (regardless of how he got it), i agree he has never really fought any champion opponents but that is his tactic and that is what has made him wealthy. He dosnt make people pay to watch his fights so it must be his fans or haters but either way it is smart business.

In regards to his comments - they are meant to provoke, insult etc its what makes the news and headlines and draws publicity, if you cant see that then you are being fooled. I have never seen/heard of the English flag burning but he is an Aboriginal and the English raped/killed/enslaved/tortured a lot of his ancestors (this might have something to do with it but i am only guessing). Mundine is only in boxing for $$, he has a title and that is all he wants, like i said before, he knows his limits and that is why he takes the fights he does as it is all business.

In regards to league he did represent Australia as he played for Australian Schoolboys and Junior Kangaroos, he played State Of Origin for NSW and won a Grand final with the Broncos which puts a lot of credit to his NRL career and not playing for Australia and the whole racism debate is why he left NRL (and $). He also does a lot of charity work which goes unrecognised.

Like i said before, dont be fooled by the act as it has achieved his financial goals.

the fact he is taking everyone for a ride and making $$ is the whole point of why he is a scumbag. And if flag burning isn't going over the limit then i have no idea what is. Skase also screwed aussies out of money, but i guess thats ok to.

the fact he is taking everyone for a ride and making $$ is the whole point of why he is a scumbag. And if flag burning isn't going over the limit then i have no idea what is. Skase also screwed aussies out of money, but i guess thats ok to.
But he is not forcing anyone to do anything, people pay cause they choose to, he promotes exceptionally well and is the envy of Australian boxing because of it (promotion not boxing), businesses charge a mark up to make money its all business. I dont condone any of his behaviour and but flag burning is not an original idea but i can see why u take it personally (but it must be his way of showing his anger towards history). As far as i know Skase did something illegal, Mundine has not commited a crime so they are not the same.

But he is not forcing anyone to do anything, people pay cause they choose to, he promotes exceptionally well and is the envy of Australian boxing because of it (promotion not boxing), businesses charge a mark up to make money its all business. I dont condone any of his behaviour and but flag burning is not an original idea but i can see why u take it personally (but it must be his way of showing his anger towards history). As far as i know Skase did something illegal, Mundine has not commited a crime so they are not the same.

lol yes they are, they are both scum bags

Back
Top Bottom