Mr Paparazzi playing local gridiron this year.

Mr Paparazzi

Adelaide's MOJO maker
Real Name
Brett
eBay User
saintyscollectables
Hey guys,

As some of you may know I am playing local amateur American Football this year for Adelaide Eagles who have multiple state reps and 3-4 Australian Reps as well. Also won the State Championships last year going Undefeated 13-0 and ranked #3 in Australia as well.

I have been training with the team over the last 4-5 weeks in the preseason and had jersey presentation night on Friday night. Even though I'm just under 6ft but weigh in at 95kgs I have been put on our Defensive Line most likely as a DT and used as a DE as well.

Paparazzi is sponsoring me :) this year raises exposure for the game, Paparazzi and the hobby and shortly we will be doing NFL box sales and breaks more often too.

You can also follow the progress and blog of how I go this season at

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paparazzi-Cards-Comics-and-Collectables/175644629154512?ref=hl

Can also check out jersey # 63 I'll be wearing this season and my ugly mug too :)

Good luck for the season.

I played for one of the local teams here in NZ a couple years ago and had great fun. Was playing FB and LB until I blew out my knee for the second time (the first playing rugby).

Good stuff mate. I played running back for the Sutherland Seahawks in the 90's. Best fun I ever had. Make sure you've got health insurance though, cause you're gunna get hurt at some stage. In 4 seasons I broke bones in my foot and hand and had an op on my left knee. Awesome fun though.

Thanks mate, yeah got top level private.

About to head off to the stadium shortly for our first game of the season and my debut as Defensive Tackle. I'm ready and pumped to smash a few RB's and QB :)

We play at 3pm today against the team we beat last GF South City Chiefs.

An update as written from a third persons perspective on Paparazzi Facebook page.

Update on Paparazzi Sponsored athlete - Adelaide Eagles #63 Rookie Brett Saint had his 2nd game today.

Getting onto kick-off teams instead of kick-off return today and then 2nd quarter he replaced the starting weak Defensive Tackle. Wasn't long at all before he introduced himself to the Eastside Razorbacks tackling down their Running Back on his first play. But that wasn't all, all hyped from his first tackle he pushed the Raozrbacks helmet down as he was getting up getting himself a warning from the ref and nearly an ejection.

Brett and the Adelaide Eagles fought hard before going down 24-39 in Temperatures what felt way above 32 degrees. Next week they prepare for the Oilers and in a position which has shocked them and the league now 0-2.

It's a great game. I played a few seasons as WR, CB and FS. Played for NSW as well as my local team "Penrith City Chiefs" now called UWS outlaws.

Would love to play still, but I now live in Alice Springs so it's a bit hard.

Hey guys,

Got my first start yesterday at DT Defensive Tackle. Had a tackle and forced a punter to run and kick it only 10 yards giving us great field position in the first few minutes. Was doing really well until I got hit on the blindside going after the QB. Knee hyperextended and buckled.

We went onto to win 20-0. Last night went to the hospital. Dr's suspected broken/cracked tibia with nerve damage. Couldnt find any fractures or breaks on the x-rays. But did notice I have medial and lateral strains to the knee with nerve that runs near the tibia damaged too. At this stage I'm out for about 3-4 weeks. Won't know def until I go and see the Dr tomorrow and get referred to Sportsmed here in Adelaide.

Just saw this thread now!! Awesome mate, sounds like a heap of fun playing.
How did ya go at the doc's Brett?

Did medial and lateral strain with small menisicus tear. Have been out for 4 weeks now and hoping to be back training in 1-2 weeks. Knee still not 100% which is a worry.

Back
Top Bottom