Mike Miller - 6th Man Winner

the thing with mo williams he has been injured and kept on the sidlines for far too many games. But he did win the bucks three games on the buzzer this year ;)

mike miller is a worthy winner, and he even had the balls to take on Kobe Bryant in a offensive dual earlier in the year and got wacked in the face by bryant for trying to do so :eek:

IMO a player that use to start and is then relegated to the bench doesnt deserve a 6th man award.... its like here u go u lost ya starting spot have an award.....

Not always the case.

Look at Stackhouse. Clearly a player that could be a starter for ANY team in the NBA but coming off the bench for Dallas is where he is at his best, and providing his skills for the best situations.

Just cos a player is relegated to the bench doesnt mean they arent a good player for their team.

Miller is a very deserving player for that award, but I agree, I didnt see it coming.

Shoes i think thats a pretty bad arguement lol. The 6th Man award is for roleplayers on teams. Each team has one. Mike is great player (ex magic). Well done to him and the Memphis Grizzlies on makin the playoffs :).

the grizz as a whole really flew under the radar, but I wasnt aware Miller had been playing so well until late in the season, when he started getting triple doubles etc!

2 seasons ago when the spurs played the grizz in the first round, miller played the worst ive EVER seen a player play. it was like he was drunk. Airballs, couldnt catch, couldnt finish, couldnt hit FT's....was definately something wrong

I was gonna go with Mo, Speedy or Eddie House, but this isn't a bad pick at all. The surprising Mike Miller who has probably deserved to win it at least 2-3 times already in his career.

jimboiitmac said:
I was gonna go with Mo, Speedy or Eddie House, but this isn't a bad pick at all. The surprising Mike Miller who has probably deserved to win it at least 2-3 times already in his career.

i thought he has been a starter every year of his career but this one though, correct me if im wrong?

JZA said:
i thought he has been a starter every year of his career but this one though, correct me if im wrong?

Nahh JZA, i think your wrong. Ever since he's come to Memphis he hasn't started consistently or frequently. He was only a starter in his first few seasons (3) in Magic.

jimboiitmac said:
Nahh JZA, i think your wrong. Ever since he's come to Memphis he hasn't started consistently or frequently. He was only a starter in his first few seasons (3) in Magic.

this was from nba.com:

Mike Miller had been a starter every year of his career before 2005-06, so he deserves credit for embracing a bench role so well. Statistically, he's had his best season in Memphis this year. He is one of only three players in the league shooting over .400 from three-point range while averaging better than 5.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists this season (Nowitzki, Dallas; Richardson, Golden State). He ranks first in scoring off the bench in the NBA (13.5 ppg) as a true sixth man, with only eight starts in 73 appearances. In those 73 contests, Miller recorded double figures 54 times, 20 or more points on 16 occasions and 30 points or more twice. He's second on the team in double-doubles (six) and had a triple-double versus Sacramento on Jan. 10 with 21 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in 41 minutes off the bench. Miller is just the third NBA player in the last 10 years to record a triple-double in a game that he did not start.
-- Brad Friedman

Back
Top Bottom