Marvel Greatest Battles

Andy28

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andre
IS anyone planning on buying this? I only really want to get 1 box, but shipping on 1 box from most of the major sellers, plus the fact its pricier than previous releases, would make this a killer expensive single box.

If anyone here is selling boxes let me know. I may end up just buying a few sketches, but thats not as fun as cracking open a box is it!

I'm planning on buying a box. Havnt looked into the prices yet as I'm only just starting to look into Marvel. I'm a big Afl collector myself. Wanting to learn more about marvel though

Not sure...any idea of what a box will be worth ?? I've started dabbling in the sketches side of things, but not really looking to buy boxes to get them unless they're a reasonable price...

D&A don't seem to list them it yet...

Hopes it not Marvel Premier range pricing...yikes !

I think they will be around $90 a box from US sellers. DA had them listed at that price but looks like its not listed anymore for some reason? I think maybe 2 or 3 sellers may have bought up the lot.

Have seen things disappear from DA's site only to reappear at a later date, so it may just mean they've sold out whatever they had allocated for presell at that stage...they may get more - the page still exist here - http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/marvel-greatest-battles-trading-cards-box-rittenhouse-2013

Someone is preselling on ebay for $85 a box, but postage to here is ridiculous at $46...Same guy is preselling two boxes for $160 with $28 postage...go figure !!

Am I reading this right that every box contains at least a two piece sketch ???

Yep every box has a 2 piece puzzle sketch which is why the price per box has gone up so much.Apparently each card also works as a stand alone sketch, but obviously i dont see too many getting split up.

G'Day Mate,

Be good if there's a competitive local source, that's for sure ! Just sent you a PM about a couple of things.

Not sure I'd like to be one of these sketch artists, a lot of pressure to meet deadlines and still be creative. Then seeing your hard work dumped on ebay and some selling dirt cheap ! Must be a bit demoralising at times !

I agree with the comment on that scoundrel set. Jomar Bulda does some great work and i think relative to some other artists is quite undervalued. I think this set will change that though.

yeah I like Jomar too, got some of his MGH sketches. Anyways, I'm definitely getting into this set, really interested in the gold parallel chase cards, and to see what a lot of the new artists have to offer.

All I know atm, is pre-orders on gold parallels are sold out everywhere.. No archive boxes can be found from the top retailers, and alot of Meghann Hetrick / Charles Hall / Adam Cline / Anthony Tan sketches are already pre-ordered according to Yuriy at marvel masters; so they will be harder to find online.

Big sketch release starts at April 17th (12AM EST, 9PM PST West-coast time) on ebay, where Marvel Masters will be releasing everything.

I'm currently trying to work out prices on high end pieces, like incentives / archive boxes / and the gold parallel chase set. I will try and find out more on boxes, and who is doing them the cheapest from the states. So I will try and hit you guys back with more info later.

im pumped this looks good, but not if to buy this, bronze age, premier or start on marvel beginsings 2

I have one of each of those last 3 coming later this week, so I'll keep you posted... If you're after sketches I don't think they're guaranteed per box in Beginnings 2 as they are in Bronze Age... Premier you should get at least 2 I think, one being multipanel, but geez it's expensive stuff !! And only going up ! Seen some nice ones in Bronze, got a nice sketch of an obscure character in my last box "Union Jack???", but have seen some pretty ordinary ones too... DC New 52 is another one worth a go, a sketch per box and I pulled a real nice Green Lantern as well as an oversize art redemption I'm waiting on... Base cards in all these are pretty *myeh* though...especially if you haven't read a comic in as long as I have !

Im a big marvel fan so not to fussed i like the base set from Beginings and still doing I so i know i should do II, III.. if u bust anything captain america, let me know..
Im big time capt america, silver surfer n ghost rider collector

Mr&Mrstradingcards just got boxes in, there based in brisbane they said around $110 a box shipped in australia if i remember correctly, contenplating a box myself just seen the checklist few decent insert series in it too

Fats comics
462 ipswich rd
annerley

www.facebook.com/mrmrstradingcards
we are now buying and selling non sport trading cards at annerley!

Have seen this much interest in Marvel cards for a few years, I was into it in 1994 for a couple of years until things started getting too expensive, think I still have marvel commons and might have a few inserts around.